6 games only 2FF

3rivers

will the defence start getting more FF to add to the TO total? Int's aren't bad, but the FF is only at 2, maybe the lowest the team has had in ages.  Int's are ok at 9 , but as it is on pace for only 30 TO's. Elite defences usually get over 40 TO's usually but there are some exceptions. I was really hoping for more TO's this year. 

I put no stock in how many turnovers we have or what variety they are. 

Turnovers are weird. We are absolutely doing everything you could think of right in order to get turnovers. They could come in bunches all of a sudden, we could just end the season with 2. Who knows? With as much as we hit and sack the QB you would expect more, but sometimes -- dudes just hang onto the ball like they are supposed to. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I put no stock in how many turnovers we have or what variety they are. 

Turnovers are weird. We are absolutely doing everything you could think of right in order to get turnovers. They could come in bunches all of a sudden, we could just end the season with 2. Who knows? With as much as we hit and sack the QB you would expect more, but sometimes -- dudes just hang onto the ball like they are supposed to. 

Yeah, Ive seen Watt and Heyward swat the ball hard several times and players hung on.  Watt just did it to Tannehill at the beginning of the 2nd half....got the sack but no fumble.

Something else to remember is going for splash plays can be risky.  We've seen players try to force fumbles and it caused them to miss the tackle, which led to a big play.  As much as I like strip sacks, Im perfectly content with sacks alone...as opposed to missing the tackle altogether.

• Like 2