2020 QB Rankings (by the numbers, final)

RandyMossIsBoss

22 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

I really like your chart, but minor nitpick. Mahomes leads the league in ANY/A. He’s not 2nd.

I also find myself questioning PFF quite a bit more after this year... Brady being a top 5 qb this doesn’t pass the stats or eye test.

I'm assuming after this week he must drop. PFF weigh heavily on accuracy (the catchable ball thing vs turnover worthy plays). Against CAR Brady was an assassin, but this week he was scatter gun....it has to drop him. On the season though, I can see why PFF would have him pretty high. In between these bad prime time games, he's been lights out mostly

Makes sense with Mahomes and Rodgers in a tier of their own at the top with everyone else coming in behind. 

Personally I wouldn't have Derek Carr at #3 but since it's just a compilation of rankings I can't argue it too much and it's not like the overall list is totally outlandish. Certainly much better than a lot of the early season rankings I've seen both here and in different media outlets. The PFF grade seems the worst of the bunch, with some ridiculous things like Wilson over Mahomes, overrating Cousins #6 and Daniel Jones #13 and underrating Herbert #15, Brees #16 and Roethlisberger #20.  

On 10/29/2020 at 10:04 AM, UncleAdamz said:

Can't believe they have Cousins at 9 though. I haven't seen too much of him, but he hasn't shown me anything that would give me confidence in him.

Typical Cousins.  He doesn't accomplish much, but somehow always seems to get his numbers, and it's not like he is just trying to get them in garbage time.  He makes plays throughout the game.  He just isn't there when we need him.  In the last three years, he has led us from behind to a win in the 4th quarter a grand total of ONE time.  You could do worse than having Kirk under center, but you can also do better.  I'd be more happy with him if we weren't paying him like a Tier 1 guy.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Herbert is already a top 10 qb.... that's not a crazy statement. If said in Aug, i would of been banned for trolling.

Pff hates him though.

Top 10 for the season or top 10 in general? Hard to argue the latter, we need to see it span over time.

30 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Herbert is already a top 10 qb.... that's not a crazy statement. If said in Aug, i would of been banned for trolling.

Pff hates him though.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Top 10 for the season or top 10 in general? Hard to argue the latter, we need to see it span over time.

they really do

they have Daniel Jones over him KEKW

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I was told by certain members that Carr was Alex Smith and that we should move on. Hmmm. It's almost like I was defending him for a reason?

I remember when people told me Ryan Tannehill's ceiling was Alex Smith.

Now they know not to underestimate TanneGOD or Derek the used Carr salesman!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont get it. Alex Smith is a good QB. I think he is good enough to win a superbowl if he would have been in the right spot his whole careers.

I actually do think pretty highly of Tannehill and Carr... But seriously. What has either of those guys accomplished that make an Alex Smith comparison so far beneath them that it deserves to be mocked??? 🤨