2020 QB Rankings (by the numbers, final)

RandyMossIsBoss

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Top 10 for the season or top 10 in general? Hard to argue the latter, we need to see it span over time.

This season. Too early for overall. The skill set and talent is undeniable and based on just that, he'd be top 3. But there is alot more that goes into qb than just the physical attributes. Consistency is important and the intangibles. I am also a strong believer in game tape makes teams better suited to defend you, so i do want to see how he does for entirety of this year and upto mid point next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

they really do

they have Daniel Jones over him KEKW

It's because they said he would be a bust pre-draft and one of then said he cant play football, at all. So i think they continue to be stubborn on their initial take. But then again, based on their system of grading, it makes sense. Because Herbert still misses too many easy passes right now. Once he has better control of his arm on the shorter routes, his PFF grade will go up.

2 hours ago, Archimedes said:

I actually do think pretty highly of Tannehill and Carr... But seriously. What has either of those guys accomplished that make an Alex Smith comparison so far beneath them that it deserves to be mocked??? 🤨

I should have rephrased, though it wasn't my comparison to begin with.

A reference to a replaceable midlevel starter incapable of putting up big passing numbers, throwing downfield with accuracy and touch, or "carrying the team" so to speak.

I highly disagreed.

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I should have rephrased, though it wasn't my comparison to begin with.

A reference to a replaceable midlevel starter incapable of putting up big passing numbers, throwing downfield with accuracy and touch, or "carrying the team" so to speak.

I highly disagreed.

To each their own I guess. I disagree with that entire statement if you’re suggesting that’s all Alex Smith ever was, with the exception of him being able to “carry a team”, which no, he couldn’t do. Of course, I don’t think Carr can carry a team either.

Alex was a solid upper mid tier qb for my money, and I think Carr is more or less the same level.

57 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

To each their own I guess. I disagree with that entire statement if you’re suggesting that’s all Alex Smith ever was, with the exception of him being able to “carry a team”, which no, he couldn’t do. Of course, I don’t think Carr can carry a team either.

Alex was a solid upper mid tier qb for my money, and I think Carr is more or less the same level.

Alex Smith was a decent qb on extremely good, balanced teams. 

I'd agree with the bold because "carry" is much for any non HOF caliber qb. I should have said put up big passing numbers when called upon and rack up points.

I would absolutely say Carr is more than than a mid tier qb. The only reason he hasn't been regarded more highly in his career is that he's been surrounded by dysfunction, which has stunted his growth as a passer.

How many quarterbacks have gone toe to toe with KC and Mahomes this year? Especially in terms of putting up points. It's not all him, but to see the performances he puts in week in week out with a miserable defense (much to my dismay) is pretty damn impressive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Alex Smith was a decent qb on extremely good, balanced teams. 

I'd agree with the bold because "carry" is much for any non HOF caliber qb. I should have said put up big passing numbers when called upon and rack up points.

I would absolutely say Carr is more than than a mid tier qb. The only reason he hasn't been regarded more highly in his career is that he's been surrounded by dysfunction, which has stunted his growth as a passer.

How many quarterbacks have gone toe to toe with KC and Mahomes this year? Especially in terms of putting up points. It's not all him, but to see the performances he puts in week in week out with a miserable defense (much to my dismay) is pretty damn impressive.

You and I aren’t that far off. I’d agree with that bolded as well, and I’d concede that I’d trust Carr in a shootout before Alex, (although even then, when pushed against the wall, Alex could surprise you with his ability to turn it up when he had to).

But with that said, it also absolutely wouldn’t surprise me if Alex gets the WFT in the playoffs this year. He plays extremely conservative, but he’s also incredibly smart, he’s accurate, and he’s almost never going to beat himself. When he was in his prime he was a very effective runner as well. Yes, he was in good situations, but he always made the most of them.

I think regarding the term mid-tier qb, you and I just think of different things. I’m not saying Carr is just replacement-level, he’s well clear of that. I had him as a top 10 qb even before the second KC game, because I had already noticed last year that he had a low key strong season.

When I think of an upper-tier qb though, Matt Ryan is the minimum threshold you have to hit before I’m ready to call you that, and I’m not quite there with Carr... yet. I need to see what he does in the playoffs and his encore season next year before I elevate him to that level.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Archimedes said:

You and I aren’t that far off. I’d agree with that bolded as well, and I’d concede that I’d trust Carr in a shootout before Alex, (although even then, when pushed against the wall, Alex could surprise you with his ability to turn it up when he had to).

But with that said, it also absolutely wouldn’t surprise me if Alex gets the WFT in the playoffs this year. He plays extremely conservative, but he’s also incredibly smart, he’s accurate, and he’s almost never going to beat himself. When he was in his prime he was a very effective runner as well. Yes, he was in good situations, but he always made the most of them.

I think regarding the term mid-tier qb, you and I just think of different things. I’m not saying Carr is just replacement-level, he’s well clear of that. I had him as a top 10 qb even before the second KC game, because I had already noticed last year that he had a low key strong season.

When I think of an upper-tier qb though, Matt Ryan is the minimum threshold you have to hit before I’m ready to call you that, and I’m not quite there with Carr... yet. I need to see what he does in the playoffs and his encore season next year before I elevate him to that level.

Yeah i agree with this.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Is this serious? Brady is definitely better than Rivers right now. He’d be tearing it up with that Colts Offense. Rivers in an Arians offense would be super laughable. 

It’s weird seeing Brady with more picks than Rivers this late into the season.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 2