Week 8 - Rams at Dolphins

RamRod

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Told us so about what?

He is 2nd most in wins, 3rd in the NFL in passing yards, and 4th in passing tds all since 2017. What more do you want? Nobody saying he is perfect. He has horrible games, he has great games, he has meh games. At the end of the day the Rams still win alot more than they lose.

If we are being honest.. he’s proven today once again that with any pressure he crumbles. I’ll say that until he proves otherwise. With a clean pocket he’s a stud for sure

Im glad the Rams got points at the end of the 1st half. Whats laughable is I was looking up the stats the other day and the Rams are the worst team in the 2nd quarter. They are 27th in the NFL scoring and 26th in points allowed. Today they scored 3pts and allowed 21pts in the 2nd quarter. The good news though is there best quarter is the 3rd quarter. Top 5 in the NFL in scoring and top 3 in points allowed. Best 2nd half team in general because the defense is 1st overall in points allowed in the 4th quarter. 

My take is the Rams passing game and special teams played the worst I think its going to be playing all season long. I think it has to do with Flores defensive game plan but also traveling a long distance to Miami and it being so hot on the Rams sideline. I think we will once again see a resilient Rams team in the 2nd half. Whether or not they win I dont know but I think the football gods owe us one since they snatched the epic comeback against the Bills away due to that bad PI call. 

Say what you want about Goff but he is going to keep battling so this game is far from over unless Tua and the Dolphins offense start to do something which I dont expect. They were gifted 2 short fields for tds and thats it. The defense and special teams got tds. So I expect the Rams to play alot better in the 2nd half and be right there in the 4th quarter with a chance to win. 

Edited by stl4life07

13 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I don’t see us winning this game unless we start scoring in defense.... I honestly did not expect to lose this way... I thought the Rams defense would make Tua look like Marino 2.0, but it turns out our offense is making their defense look like the 85 Bears 

Nothing is wrong with the Rams defense. Outside of the 1st half against both the Bills and Niners the Rams defense is lights out. The offense in particularly the passing game is whats inconsistent. What happened to the offense that scored on a td on 4 straight possessions against the Bills (5 straight possessions if you count the Giants game)? The offense is efficient but in games like this you need some explosive plays that we just arent seeing. 

I'm going about my business and turning this game off. Worst effort from Goff since the Chicago game in 2018, and McVay was absolutely embarrassing today. It was clear from early in the game that we could run the ball on these guys, but we could not sit back in the shotgun, especially empty, and throw on them. Yet, McVay insisted on trying. Goff deserves a ton of blame, and so does McVay. The most infuriating part of it all was watching Miami play 8 to 10 yards off, bring their heavy blitzes, and McVay not just burn them with quick screens to the WRs. I don't know why he refused to get it, but Goff needs to man up and check out of this atrocious garbage. Either ways, I'm done for today. Those two need to figure some crap out over the bye. Yet again, the Belichick defense outsmarts them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RamRod said:

Defense has given us a chance in the second half. Downright pathetic display by Goff and the offense.

Would have been a 14-7 game with the momentum on our side imo if McVay didn't stupidly run empty in the red-zone after the fumble after getting burned by it multiple times earlier. I'm not excusing Goff. He's just hapless today. God effing awful. But McVay could have protected him. Instead, he only made matters worse. This is just like the 49ers game. McVay gets too smart and too cute instead of just grinding out a win, and Goff poops the bed. They need to figure their ish out over the bye week.

• Like 2

So a few weeks ago I was annoyed and I’m curious if the same excuses come up now. When do we stop making excuses for the rams? They’re an average team with a good defense and sometimes a good offense. I’m very upset with the fact that the Nfl actually allows players to sit on that sideline when it’s 140 degrees. It’s literally not safe lmao while I do think it had something to do with today’s performance, our defense didn’t choke and use that as an excuse to dominate. What happened by Goff today was inexcusable. Oline was so great this year and stayed in LA this week. Call it a bad game, but good teams don’t have bad games this often. No more excuses. We had our bad games already. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Would have been a 14-7 game with the momentum on our side imo if McVay didn't stupidly run empty in the red-zone after the fumble after getting burned by it multiple times earlier. I'm not excusing Goff. He's just hapless today. God effing awful. But McVay could have protected him. Instead, he only made matters worse. This is just like the 49ers game. McVay gets too smart and too cute instead of just grinding out a win, and Goff poops the bed. They need to figure their ish out over the bye week.

If he’s willing to do it vs Khalil Mack you should 100% expect it today lol I said it last week, going 5 wide against him was so dumb.. and then the strip sack came. Today it’s been 0 blitz all day.. and he’s done it a few times. Unreal

• Like 1