Week 8 - Rams at Dolphins

RamRod

5 minutes ago, Flounch said:

At least they were able to compete until the end and the cards offense were far from ridiculous.

What do you say about the Seahawks struggling in Buffalo worst than the Rams did? At least the Rams had the lead late before that PI. The Seahawks didn’t really show up. That’s what happens when you travel across country. I knew it would happen. 

8 minutes ago, Flounch said:

At least they were able to compete until the end and the cards offense were far from ridiculous.

Keep moving those goalposts. Wouldn’t expect anything less 

5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I always thought it was dumb to compare other teams against other teams but if that’s what we are doing lol 

Haha what? I don’t even know how to address this. It’s how you measure teams around the league. 

Lets also just ignore that Tua couldn’t put up 100 yards on us...

you guys are insufferable sometimes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Keep moving those goalposts. Wouldn’t expect anything less 

Haha what? I don’t even know how to address this. It’s how you measure teams around the league. 

Lets also just ignore that Tua couldn’t put up 100 yards on us...

you guys are insufferable sometimes 

Different teams = different game plans. Different players different strategies. Different day different fight. Any given game can go many ways. That’s why it’s dumb. It’s like the people that say “well since this team beat this team, and this team beat this team, and we beat this team, we are better than all of them. No need to get butt hurt over what I said. If you pay attention you’d see I’m on board with Goff. Yes I’ve been frustrated from consistent sloppy play, but I’m not the one to be calling insufferable. Just like you wanted to compare games I gave you the biggest difference. Kyler showed up, Goff didn’t. Never spoke of the defense. No one has argued us having a bad defense. 

5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Never spoke of the defense

Exactly, you along with most of this GDT completely ignored (and have been) one entire side of this team. You just whine about Goff. That’s what’s insufferable 

Strawman, Butthurt, pay attention? You’re really filling out your bingo card here. 

Now if you would go back and look, I just asked about the quality of the Dolphins team, which was bashed by many, who then just went in and took out the team that many are shaking in their boots about in their own stadium. That’s it, that’s the only question I posited. You then took it down the Goff rabbit hole. Seems like you have something stuck in your craw that you need to take care of. I was only pointing out that the Dolphins are a good team that most here acted like we lost to the Jets

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Exactly, you along with most of this GDT completely ignored (and have been) one entire side of this team. You just whine about Goff. That’s what’s insufferable 

Strawman, Butthurt, pay attention? You’re really filling out your bingo card here. 

Now if you would go back and look, I just asked about the quality of the Dolphins team, which was bashed by many, who then just went in and took out the team that many are shaking in their boots about in their own stadium. That’s it, that’s the only question I posited. You then took it down the Goff rabbit hole. Seems like you have something stuck in your craw that you need to take care of. I was only pointing out that the Dolphins are a good team that most here acted like we lost to the Jets

Bruh I’ve been saying they’ve been good on defense. Been bragging how they’ve allowed two touchdowns in the second half all year and both were vs the bills. Even said I was so happy about how well they did without Jalen. The rams are a top 5 defense. Not sure why you think I’m part of that group that clearly hates Goff and just hates none stop. 

and yes.. I bring up Goff because he was the main difference. I still don’t think the dolphins are a better team than the rams, like I said after the game. I think Miami is average. Which I also said to someone on here after the game. But that’s my point.. going back and being all smug about the dolphins winning makes no sense when They played a completely different team just now. You didn’t simply ask a question, you were being smart about it, otherwise the “didn’t think so” would never be said. Either way I’m not here to argue with a fellow rams fan, you clearly have the wrong idea of how I feel about the team but that’s fine. I might’ve come on too strong just now in the initial response, but I do have my (good) reasons to not be so confident in the offense. but I’ve been talking about the team effort it took to be playing poorly since the game ended.. Goff, Mcvay, Kupps drops lately, and last week (only last week) the line picked a bad day to be bad. Only reason I mentioned Goff was the glaring difference in composure between Murray and Goff. At some point the excuses do need to stop, and at some point they need to start proving that they can be consistent. So far, they haven’t. I have faith in Goff still, far from giving up on him. 

Yeah there's a reason our sub is so small around here. I've talked to people on other sites that read through comments and just avoid this place. Toxic doesn't begin to describe it. Now that I've posted a couple times and thrown out a few likes it's time to log out again for a few weeks. 

• Like 1

I think its fair to compare teams just because in the case of the Seahawks traveling to Buffalo you saw how it effected them too and they are really good just like the Rams playing east coast early games. The Dolphins did it again to the Cards in that they had a defensive fumble return for the td. Tua didnt have to do much when your defense is getting tds for you. Now he played much better against the Cards and that had alot to do with the Cards defense not being as good as the Rams defense. Point is I think the fans are underestimating the Dolphins especially going to Miami. 

As @MDY10 pointed out, the Rams dont have to travel as much which will help. Going to Tampa Bay and to the Jets. Tampa is going to be a tough one but the Jets is a pen in win. Outside of that the games are on the west coast playing the Cards, Seahawks, Patriots, and Niners all on the west coast. Definitely will help the Rams out and I can see the Rams getting hot. 

@NVRamsFan Sucks its not more active on here. Like even with debates I want it to be lively. The Rams are a good football team so we have rich man problems. We can debate on how we feel about Goff and McVay but at the end of the day the Rams havent had a losing season under McVay. They only missed the playoffs once and that was by 1 game so they were competitive literally till Week 17 when they were officially playing for nothing. I just wish this forum was more lively like even the terrible teams forums are. Just think about it? Terrible teams forum is more lively than this forum is and we are a good team. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I think its fair to compare teams just because in the case of the Seahawks traveling to Buffalo you saw how it effected them too and they are really good just like the Rams playing east coast early games. The Dolphins did it again to the Cards in that they had a defensive fumble return for the td. Tua didnt have to do much when your defense is getting tds for you. Now he played much better against the Cards and that had alot to do with the Cards defense not being as good as the Rams defense. Point is I think the fans are underestimating the Dolphins especially going to Miami. 

As @MDY10 pointed out, the Rams dont have to travel as much which will help. Going to Tampa Bay and to the Jets. Tampa is going to be a tough one but the Jets is a pen in win. Outside of that the games are on the west coast playing the Cards, Seahawks, Patriots, and Niners all on the west coast. Definitely will help the Rams out and I can see the Rams getting hot. 

@NVRamsFan Sucks its not more active on here. Like even with debates I want it to be lively. The Rams are a good football team so we have rich man problems. We can debate on how we feel about Goff and McVay but at the end of the day the Rams havent had a losing season under McVay. They only missed the playoffs once and that was by 1 game so they were competitive literally till Week 17 when they were officially playing for nothing. I just wish this forum was more lively like even the terrible teams forums are. Just think about it? Terrible teams forum is more lively than this forum is and we are a good team. 

I know we technically have one of the hardest schedules ahead.. but is it not because of our division? I don’t see it being that crazy outside of it. I’m really excited to see how they come out after the BYE. 

And my apologies fellas If I came off the wrong way. I could have been better and clearer with my answer to you @StLunatic88 . My apologies to you. Nothing against you for sure. But do know I’m not one to be a hater of the team. I hold players accountable as they should be. I simply was trying to point out that the dolphins played two different teams and while their defense killed Goff, Kyler handled it very well. I was trying to say that if you are comparing the two games (rams phins and cards phins) then you have to see what at the end of the day was the biggest difference. And that was the QB play. And yes.. credit to our defense like I’ve said many times, they simply just shut everything down and the dolphins only score was because of great field position. 

We simply can’t win if Goff doesn’t play average at best. I think he has ALOT of growing to do still but this year he’s made tons of progress. I’ve said it so many times here, he started off with no turnover worthy plays over 3-4 weeks and it was amazing to see. I see nothing wrong with holding players and coaches accountable for bad games, unless it’s once in a while where teams do just come out flat. It just can’t happen too often in the nfl. It’s what at the end of the day separates a Super bowl contender from a wild card exit.. and with the contracts this team has given out, they should be treated as contenders. I do understand how young they are, which makes all this even more exciting. As a team there’s a few things to fix (like Mcvay needing to just stick to what works), but getting the consistency on offense is the biggest need right now. If our defense continues this unbelievable tear against Seattle, I don’t see them slowing down. Especially with key players coming back now.

Edited by MDY10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Tom Brady just pooped the bed against New Orleans about as badly as Goff did against the Dolphins. It happens.

It was worst for Brady because he played the same team twice and looked even worse the second time around at home. Goff struggles all came in the 1st half and at least the Rams put up more than 3pts. Saints should’ve had 45-0 at halftime if they didn’t fumble at the goaline and Cook didnt drop a 3rd down pass. So the Bucs are fortunate Saints didn’t put up a 50 spot. Ironically the last two times a team scored at least 40 on the Bucs team it was the Rams and Seahawks. Took OT for the Seahawks to do it. If the Rams wasn’t playing the Seahawks next week I’d totally be looking forward to that Bucs game.  

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Tom Brady just pooped the bed against New Orleans about as badly as Goff did against the Dolphins. It happens.

Apparently it’s not allowed to happen... every QB who makes a few million dollars has to be perfect every game lmao 

Like I said before, it doesn’t matter how young or seasoned a QB is, he’s gonna look like diarrhea sometimes...and it’s going to continue to happen until humans are replaced with robots at QB. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

It was worst for Brady because he played the same team twice and looked even worse the second time around at home. Goff struggles all came in the 1st half and at least the Rams put up more than 3pts. Saints should’ve had 45-0 at halftime if they didn’t fumble at the goaline and Cook didnt drop a 3rd down pass. So the Bucs are fortunate Saints didn’t put up a 50 spot. Ironically the last two times a team scored at least 40 on the Bucs team it was the Rams and Seahawks. Took OT for the Seahawks to do it. If the Rams wasn’t playing the Seahawks next week I’d totally be looking forward to that Bucs game.  

Yeah I wish we were getting the Bucs this week, but Seattle is just as good seeing as how they came off of a beat down yesterday, add to the fact that we always play Seattle tough; this is our chance to cover some ground in the division.

37 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Yeah I wish we were getting the Bucs this week, but Seattle is just as good seeing as how they came off of a beat down yesterday, add to the fact that we always play Seattle tough; this is our chance to cover some ground in the division.

I agree plus under McVay the Rams are (3-0) after a BYE so it’s going to be interesting how both teams respond because the last we saw both teams they didn’t play well and loss on the road traveling east. Now that I think about it I would say the Niners had it easier playing the Jets and Giants east but they suffered most of their injuries in MetLife Stadium. The NFC West hasn’t been producing much success against the AFC East to say the least. 

On 11/9/2020 at 7:05 AM, stl4life07 said:

You are too high on Rams.

11 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Apparently it’s not allowed to happen... every QB who makes a few million dollars has to be perfect every game lmao 

Like I said before, it doesn’t matter how young or seasoned a QB is, he’s gonna look like diarrhea sometimes...and it’s going to continue to happen until humans are replaced with robots at QB. 

Did i really say that ? 

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

You are too high on Rams.

Yeah I’m high on the Rams because I know what they are capable of. With the statement though it has nothing to do with me being high on the Rams. I’m just excited to see Rams v Bucs. I mean like who wouldn’t outside of you? This gams was a MNF before the season started when the Rams weren’t expected to do much. Now the Rams are expected to make the playoffs and have the 9th best Superbowl odds according to Vegas so why not even be more excited about Rams v Bucs?