Jump to content

Week 8 - Rams at Dolphins


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Based on the plays and schemes McVay was running, no QB in the league would’ve won this game for us. 

Just goes to show you much most guys know about the position. Look at the stat sheet and automatically blame Goff. 

Goff was for sure to blame but not nearly as much as the HC 

No, enough of this covering $hit for Goff. I knew this nonsense was coming. I knew it this would be the fail safe for Goff and it's clockwork. Goff had to throw the ball more because we fell behind 3 scores. His inability to identify a blitz, force throws and not realize who is back in coverage...but no let's blame this loss on Everett's droped on 3rd and 10 inside the 40.

Goff lost us this game. IDC what other nonsense people want to spew about playcalling or drops, Goff's 4 turnovers lost this game and it's not even close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I struggle with this. There are a lot of games where McVay is brilliant. But then he has games like this and SF where he just refuses to take what the defense is giving him. When you can churn out 4 to 5 yards a pop in the running game, do it until they stop it. Make them bring guys into the box. And then you start hitting them with passing plays. McVay just seems unable and unwilling in certain games to stick with the run. But in a lot of other games, he looks like a total genius. I don't think he necessarily needs to give up play-calling, but I really wish Jared would start overruling him at the LOS. IMO, if we throw only 10 times in the first half against Miami, I think we're leading. 

Seems like when he falls behind by more than 7 he panics big time. I truly think it's him thinking he needs to play catch up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BStanRamFan said:

No, enough of this covering $hit for Goff. I knew this nonsense was coming. I knew it this would be the fail safe for Goff and it's clockwork. Goff had to throw the ball more because we fell behind 3 scores. His inability to identify a blitz, force throws and not realize who is back in coverage...but no let's blame this loss on Everett's droped on 3rd and 10 inside the 40.

Goff lost us this game. IDC what other nonsense people want to spew about playcalling or drops, Goff's 4 turnovers lost this game and it's not even close.

Goff did lose us the game. And McVay is the one who put him in the position to do it. We got burned multiple times going empty early in the game, including that pick from the DT. We force a fumble, get the ball in Dolphins territory, and are about to score. What does McVay call? Empty again! As soon as they went empty, I started repeating, "No, not empty! They can't block it! Run the ball!" What happens? They have a free rusher come off the edge, strip Goff before he can get the ball out, and instead of us having a 14-7 lead, they have it. That play changed the game. And it happened because McVay hung his QB out to dry. He kept right on doing the same things throughout the rest of the game.

Can you tell me why we weren't running quick bubble screens like SF did to us when the Dolphins were using their zero blitzes and dropping their CBs 8 to 10 yards off the LOS? Those are easy completions for solid gains. And by doing that, you force Miami to come up and play closer to the LOS. That gives our guys a chance of beating the jam and ripping off a chunk play. But no, we absolutely refused to adjust. It was just like the 2018 freaking Super Bowl. They ran a similar scheme, and McVay/Goff got outsmarted again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Seems like when he falls behind by more than 7 he panics big time. I truly think it's him thinking he needs to play catch up

He was doing it before we were down. Goff's first pick and first fumble came with us leading and tied (about to take the lead). He just refused to accept that Flores had him outmaneuvered in certain formations and kept right on calling those plays. It was just like the 2018 Super Bowl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff did lose us the game. And McVay is the one who put him in the position to do it. We got burned multiple times going empty early in the game, including that pick from the DT. We force a fumble, get the ball in Dolphins territory, and are about to score. What does McVay call? Empty again! As soon as they went empty, I started repeating, "No, not empty! They can't block it! Run the ball!" What happens? They have a free rusher come off the edge, strip Goff before he can get the ball out, and instead of us having a 14-7 lead, they have it. That play changed the game. And it happened because McVay hung his QB out to dry. He kept right on doing the same things throughout the rest of the game.

Can you tell me why we weren't running quick bubble screens like SF did to us when the Dolphins were using their zero blitzes and dropping their CBs 8 to 10 yards off the LOS? Those are easy completions for solid gains. And by doing that, you force Miami to come up and play closer to the LOS. That gives our guys a chance of beating the jam and ripping off a chunk play. But no, we absolutely refused to adjust. It was just like the 2018 freaking Super Bowl. They ran a similar scheme, and McVay/Goff got outsmarted again.

I said it before the game, we need to run the ball until the Dolphins D stopped it...and the only one who stopped the run game was McVay. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This game and first half in particular were beyond frustrating. Goff was atrocious today—I cannot stress that enough. Four turnovers are inexcusable and ultimately cost us the game. But McVay... man this abandoning the run game WHEN ITS WORKING time and time again is maddening. Like what needs to happen for that to go through McVay’s head? Run was working. Pass was not. But we kept on trying it anyway and it just put us in deeper and deeper of a hole. 
 

We have a brutal schedule coming up after the bye and this was one game we could not afford to lose and we did everything in our power to do it anyway. Very reminiscent of last year where we had too many must-win games where we came out flat. Someone else said it and they’re right—“just not our day/just a bad game” is a lame excuse that is getting very tired. A team is granted one (maybe two) of those a year and it just seems like it happens way too often with us. This team—especially offense—is so hot and cold and it’s so annoying to deal with it. 
 

End rant. For now 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I struggle with this. There are a lot of games where McVay is brilliant. But then he has games like this and SF where he just refuses to take what the defense is giving him. When you can churn out 4 to 5 yards a pop in the running game, do it until they stop it. Make them bring guys into the box. And then you start hitting them with passing plays. McVay just seems unable and unwilling in certain games to stick with the run. But in a lot of other games, he looks like a total genius. I don't think he necessarily needs to give up play-calling, but I really wish Jared would start overruling him at the LOS. IMO, if we throw only 10 times in the first half against Miami, I think we're leading. 

The bolded is the most frustrating part about it. The running game works. When the running game is working and the defense is playing great, your pocket passer shouldn't have 30 attempts in the first half, when he's struggling, against that pass rush. There's no excuse. 

I also don't think Sean let's Goff overrule him. They don't get out of the huddle until there's 10 seconds left because Mcvay wants to keep talking to him until he gets cut off, and by the time they get set up, Goff has to run the play or take the delay. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

No, enough of this covering $hit for Goff. I knew this nonsense was coming. I knew it this would be the fail safe for Goff and it's clockwork. Goff had to throw the ball more because we fell behind 3 scores. His inability to identify a blitz, force throws and not realize who is back in coverage...but no let's blame this loss on Everett's droped on 3rd and 10 inside the 40.

Goff lost us this game. IDC what other nonsense people want to spew about playcalling or drops, Goff's 4 turnovers lost this game and it's not even close.

Lol take it easy man.

Why don’t you call Sean and tryout for QB and let me know how that goes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYRamsFan88 said:

I thought the Rams would blow the game by allowing Tua to go off his first game starting, but we do the complete opposite; take the Dolphins offense out of the game completely and catch diarrhea on our own offense and STs 

While we're on the topic of the STs, I think Bonamego was a bad hire. He has not impressed me. Staley has made McVay look smart; Bonamego has not.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He was doing it before we were down. Goff's first pick and first fumble came with us leading and tied (about to take the lead). He just refused to accept that Flores had him outmaneuvered in certain formations and kept right on calling those plays. It was just like the 2018 Super Bowl. 

True. I just meant in general. But today yes.. he lost yards on first and goal and panicked. was just bad many times. I get it, he wants to make up yards.. but we were getting 5-10 yards a carry lmao It bothers me that the media doesn't ever call him out on it. 

 

Todays gameplan that the Phins had was simply to blitz and force short throws and get their hands up. The run was working and again Mcvay just decided to be a stubborn mother and throw. Even while knowing that Goff is horrible under anything more than a little pressure. The line today forgot to show up and it was the perfect team to not play well against. They've been blitzing all year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff did lose us the game. And McVay is the one who put him in the position to do it. We got burned multiple times going empty early in the game, including that pick from the DT. We force a fumble, get the ball in Dolphins territory, and are about to score. What does McVay call? Empty again! As soon as they went empty, I started repeating, "No, not empty! They can't block it! Run the ball!" What happens? They have a free rusher come off the edge, strip Goff before he can get the ball out, and instead of us having a 14-7 lead, they have it. That play changed the game. And it happened because McVay hung his QB out to dry. He kept right on doing the same things throughout the rest of the game.

Can you tell me why we weren't running quick bubble screens like SF did to us when the Dolphins were using their zero blitzes and dropping their CBs 8 to 10 yards off the LOS? Those are easy completions for solid gains. And by doing that, you force Miami to come up and play closer to the LOS. That gives our guys a chance of beating the jam and ripping off a chunk play. But no, we absolutely refused to adjust. It was just like the 2018 freaking Super Bowl. They ran a similar scheme, and McVay/Goff got outsmarted again.

You can’t speak that language with some fans. They have no clue what you’re talking about. 

Just point the finger at one person for the simpletons 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...