Week 8 - Rams at Dolphins

RamRod

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I wish I was your kid. If I failed a class, I would just say...

"Yes, I failed. But the teacher didnt teach the lesson correctly and she was absent one day. And on the day of the final I didn't get enough sleep. The kid next to me was chewing gum and I was distracted the entire time, I couldn't focus. Yes, I failed the class, but it wasn't ENTIRELY my fault".

You can’t be my kid because my kid is an athlete and he knows it’s a team sport.

But I’ll do you one better, anyone would hate to have someone like you for a boss because all you’ll do is ask your accounting person to get you profit and loss statements on you just providing them only accounts receivable info 

then get mad at them for not giving you accurate reports 

• Like 1

Mcvay was outrocious tonight, there's no question on that. He should have called more run play when he saw that the passing game wasn't working. 

But we have a 30+Millions $ quaterback and he can't even change the play or the pass protection at the LOS. What's this ? 

People still say he improved over the year but he's still the same QB that he was since the 1st year with Mcvay. 

Goff is good when Mcvay is on the top. But When Mcvay is bad Goff can't step up. And that's the truth here.

Edited by Flounch
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I guess the good news is that they have two weeks to figure it out before they play Seattle. McVay needs to accept that the run offense is better than the pass offense this year. And Goff needs to get his game back. He started off the year well. Defense is looking good. If they can stymie Russ, we have a real shot this year.

The pass offense is just as good too. He frustrates me by abandoning his jet sweeps and wr screens on all out blitzes 

then he goes away from 13 personnel which was working well towards the end of last year. 

He needs to mix it up a little, especially when the opposite team is blitzing heavy. Look at what Brady and the Pats used to do 7-10 years ago against the Steelers and    Broncos defenses.  It’s super frustrating sometimes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

AGAIN with this excuse. Stop using it. Its old. 

Rams defense not the problem at all. Not once have I said that were. However, They haven't played anyone aside from Dallas with a good offense. They have been amazing in the second half of pretty much every game. I do think it took a bit to adjust to a tough scheme, and they still are. But I said good defense and thats what they are. Good/Great/ Whatever.. they aren't the problem

So yet again.. "just wasn't our day" basically. Just a bad game. AGAIN. How many great teams have these "just a bad game" 3-4 times in the first 8 games?

Im not saying its over... but excuses need to stop. Its the halfway point now and theres no reason they shouldn't be clicking on offense. Traveling does not affect play calling abilities. The entire NFC west travels ALOT this year. The hawks more than the rams.. Good teams beat bad teams. We have looked bad offensively many times this year. NO MORE EXCUSES. 

Its a real thing. Since the start of 2003 west coast teams traveling to play east coast teams is (61-111) thats a win % of 35%. Thats a sample of 13 seasons. Its probably gotten somewhat better the last few seasons because that was a sample from 2003-2016 but its not like there is great success. This isnt Madden where you can plug and play a team. So again its a real thing. 

Ok so the Rams havent played anyone with a good offense? When you say good what do you mean? They played Philly who scored 29 on Pittsburgh and 28 on Baltimore defenses both are excellent. All Philly could do against the Rams is score 19pts. The Rams defense is playing lights out so there is no need to question that side of the ball. Just say the Rams defense is elite and keep it moving.

It wasnt our day. Ok we can talk about how awful the passing game was but when was the last time the special teams gave up a punt return for a td? No matter how bad the offense looked, that special teams td might have been the difference. Had Grant not scored it wouldve been 21-17 Dolphins MAYBE McVay wouldve went for it on 4th and 5 instead of attempting the FG because he needed 2 scores tie. As for how many great teams have these bad games? The Bucs against the Chargers down 24-7 at halftime then lose to the Bucs. Saints down by double digits to the Lions, Chargers took them into OT and shouldve won it had the kicker not missed the FG. Saints also lost to the Raiders as an east coast team traveling west coast. Chiefs got pushed into OT by the Chargers and then lost to the Raiders. So unless you are telling me how great the Chargers, Lions, Raiders, and Bucs all are the Chiefs, Saints, and Bucs all top 10 teams either got pushed or lose to average to bad teams and at minimum the Dolphins are average. They certainly arent bad. Never said they was bad at all. 

Again if you are calling the Dolphins bad then thats your expectations of them. Dolphins arent bad. Heck of a defense, special teams is also great. The only thing that need to get sorta out now is their offense. They had the perfect storm today which was a defensive and special teams td. I could care less about Goff interception and fumble that set up two short fields for Tua. That wasnt the different. The difference in this game ended up being that defensive td when the Rams was in the goaline and that special teams td. Dolphins defense and special teams came to play at home off a BYE and the Rams again on a short week having to travel over 2700 miles.  

15 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Mcvay was outrocious tonight, there's no question on that. He should have called more run play when he saw that the passing game wasn't working. 

But we have a 30+Millions $ quaterback and he can't even change the play or the pass protection at the LOS. What's this ? 

People still say he improved over the year but he's still the same QB that he was since the 1st year with Mcvay. 

Goff is good when Mcvay is on the top. But When Mcvay is bad Goff can't step up. And that's the truth here.

Think Goff would prefer Christen Harper on top instead 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

To an extent lol For example, when I was very young I took a test and failed because the student next to me was being annoying. I couldn't focus. I never said anything but the next day the teacher told me im re taking the test because she felt as if I struggled for the reason I couldn't pay attention. No extra studying, nothing.. I scored 20 points higher. 

As for this.. yes.. it makes even more sense. Yes Goff played sooo bad. But he also wasn't helped at all. We could have run the ball and didn't. We didn't pick up any blitzes. We did have many drops. Special teams gave one up. How in the world do you go 5 wide against an 0 blitz. I keep bringing this up.. because once? sure.. but it keeps happening. Last week we went 5 wide against MACK!! How dumb is that. This is a team sport. While I think Goffs performance was bad enough to lose on its own, He was not helped at all. In fact, again, the one thing going well for him (the run) was not used. 

28 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ok so the Rams havent played anyone with a good offense? When you say good what do you mean? They played Philly who scored 29 on Pittsburgh and 28 on Baltimore defenses both are excellent. All Philly could do against the Rams is score 19pts. The Rams defense is playing lights out so there is no need to question that side of the ball. Just say the Rams defense is elite and keep it moving.

Read what I said, and you'll see I said they aren't the problem. And dont come at me saying PHILLY. We got them before they could get anything going.. get out of here with that. Now they're 25th in passing and 17th in rushing. We played them after they got beat by Washington and Wentz was almost benched after 2-3 games. Dallas was impressive because we had no idea what they would do, they had Dak, and they are loaded. Ive been defending the defense all year. They've looked iffy at times but once half time came around they balled out. Even today.. without Jalen I was impressed. I dont think Miami is any kind of threat but its still awesome. 

And again.. What Great team has this many "Not our day". There is no such thing as "we were close" "almost" "not our day" in football. You either beat teams that aren't as good or you dont. Miami is NOT a good team. Talent wise we are way better. Just like the niners we lost to.. very injured. We lost. thats the one game I didn't like our defense. The giants? we struggled. In the super bowl, it doesn't matter if "its not our day''. This isn't anything new.. it stems back to a few years now. Im not sitting here bashing the Rams. I still have hope.. But its like you're expecting a free pass or something. In life, you need to prove yourself. The rams offense has not. Nothing wrong with having doubt, and waiting for them to prove something before you can actually expect it. If I remember, you were arguing in the dolphins forum about how "when the rams are leading at half they always win" Its a fact.. until its not.. I believe those were your words. Well here we are lol the rams have PROVEN that they are very inconsistent. Goff has PROVEN that under pressure he crumbles. Mcvay has PROVEN that when the run works well, he abandons it. The rams have PROVEN that they struggle to beat anyone outside the east. These are facts, and I hope to god they can start showing that "it was just a bad game". But until they do, Many of us have every right to be upset and doubt many aspects of this team. This game was a blowout because of the turnovers and field position given to Miami. The return TD as well. We basically just played the bears again. 

ALL THAT SAID.. I do think Goff bounces back. The amount of pressure he was under today was insane. Just happens that he hasn't had much pressure against him this year so it sucks to see that the one time he does, he played this bad. I dont think anyone could have played well under center today. The dolphins have good enough corners to blitz more players than we can block and have decent coverage. Especially when the passes are batted or just off. 

Edited by MDY10

8 minutes ago, Flounch said:

And also, how many pass are deflected at the LOS since Goff is playing in the NFL ? 

I can't remember seeing so much pass deflected at LOS by any QB. Someone has stats about this ? 

I feel like its definitely ben a while since its happened lol at least happened even remotely often. It happens to everyone but today It was definitely a gameplan to blitz and force short throws and just get hands up. short throws = lower/softer passes. 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Read what I said, and you'll see I said they aren't the problem. And dont come at me saying PHILLY. We got them before they could get anything going.. get out of here with that. Now they're 25th in passing and 17th in rushing. We played them after they got beat by Washington and Wentz was almost benched after 2-3 games. Dallas was impressive because we had no idea what they would do, they had Dak, and they are loaded. Ive been defending the defense all year. They've looked iffy at times but once half time came around they balled out. Even today.. without Jalen I was impressed. I dont think Miami is any kind of threat but its still awesome. 

And again.. What Great team has this many "Not our day". There is no such thing as "we were close" "almost" "not our day" in football. You either beat teams that aren't as good or you dont. Miami is NOT a good team. Talent wise we are way better. Just like the niners we lost to.. very injured. We lost. thats the one game I didn't like our defense. The giants? we struggled. In the super bowl, it doesn't matter if "its not our day''. This isn't anything new.. it stems back to a few years now. Im not sitting here bashing the Rams. I still have hope.. But its like you're expecting a free pass or something. In life, you need to prove yourself. The rams offense has not. Nothing wrong with having doubt, and waiting for them to prove something before you can actually expect it. If I remember, you were arguing in the dolphins forum about how "when the rams are leading at half they always win" Its a fact.. until its not.. I believe those were your words. Well here we are lol the rams have PROVEN that they are very inconsistent. Goff has PROVEN that under pressure he crumbles. Mcvay has PROVEN that when the run works well, he abandons it. The rams have PROVEN that they struggle to beat anyone outside the east. These are facts, and I hope to god they can start showing that "it was just a bad game". But until they do, Many of us have every right to be upset and doubt many aspects of this team. This game was a blowout because of the turnovers and field position given to Miami. The return TD as well. We basically just played the bears again. 

ALL THAT SAID.. I do think Goff bounces back. The amount of pressure he was under today was insane. Just happens that he hasn't had much pressure against him this year so it sucks to see that the one time he does, he played this bad. I dont think anyone could have played well under center today. The dolphins have good enough corners to blitz more players than we can block and have decent coverage. Especially when the passes are batted or just off. 

I get totally get what you are saying but at the end of the day I dont think the Rams are an average team. Now this season can you say there are only 3 great teams? Yes. Chiefs, Steelers, and Bucs. Every other team is either really good, average, or bad. Like even the Seahawks which are alot of people trendy pick outside of the Bucs in the NFC their defense stinks and they were a Cam td at the goaline and basically a Vikings collapse at the end from being (3-3) right now. I dont think you can look at today and just say because the Rams offense in the passing game didnt look great that they are average. They play great defense, they run the ball great, usually their special teams are great. The passing can just needs to be effective enough because this isnt the 2017 or 2018 Rams passing attack. We dont have that speed burner down the field like we had in Cooks. I think Reynolds can be that guy but he isnt established like Cooks was. McVay as you said need to run. Thats what separates Kyle from McVay. Kyle runs but even he in the Superbowl twice having a lead abandoned the run and it cost him. If we are on McVay for abandoning the run Week 8, can you imagine if he had a 25pt lead in the 2nd half and a 10pt lead in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl and abandoned the run? So I think McVay just needs to embrace running with Henderson, Akers, and Brown and let Goff and the passing game feed off of it. No team has yet to stop the Rams rushing attack this season. The only team that has stop the Rams rushing attack is the Rams themselves. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I get totally get what you are saying but at the end of the day I dont think the Rams are an average team. Now this season can you say there are only 3 great teams? Yes. Chiefs, Steelers, and Bucs. Every other team is either really good, average, or bad. Like even the Seahawks which are alot of people trendy pick outside of the Bucs in the NFC their defense stinks and they were a Cam td at the goaline and basically a Vikings collapse at the end from being (3-3) right now. I dont think you can look at today and just say because the Rams offense in the passing game didnt look great that they are average. They play great defense, they run the ball great, usually their special teams are great. The passing can just needs to be effective enough because this isnt the 2017 or 2018 Rams passing attack. We dont have that speed burner down the field like we had in Cooks. I think Reynolds can be that guy but he isnt established like Cooks was. McVay as you said need to run. Thats what separates Kyle from McVay. Kyle runs but even he in the Superbowl twice having a lead abandoned the run and it cost him. If we are on McVay for abandoning the run Week 8, can you imagine if he had a 25pt lead in the 2nd half and a 10pt lead in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl and abandoned the run? So I think McVay just needs to embrace running with Henderson, Akers, and Brown and let Goff and the passing game feed off of it. No team has yet to stop the Rams rushing attack this season. The only team that has stop the Rams rushing attack is the Rams themselves. 

This I can agree with. But Mcvay has proven that he will abandon the run more often than not. If anything I would say that RIGHT now we have a great defense with an average offense with potential to be good. It’s been 50/50 this year. Play calling and coaching is part of the team, and if that’s what is keeping us from being good, then we are average until that gets better. They’re Inconsistent if anything. When we were down to the bills, we never stopped running and we actually came back in that. It’s a bummer to drop this game, I really hope the bye week let’s the team rest and come back strong against a bad Seattle defense. The Tampa game I’m not looking forward to.. but hopefully the bucs have “a bad game” that day haha 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

This I can agree with. But Mcvay has proven that he will abandon the run more often than not. If anything I would say that RIGHT now we have a great defense with an average offense with potential to be good. It’s been 50/50 this year. Play calling and coaching is part of the team, and if that’s what is keeping us from being good, then we are average until that gets better. They’re Inconsistent if anything. When we were down to the bills, we never stopped running and we actually came back in that. It’s a bummer to drop this game, I really hope the bye week let’s the team rest and come back strong against a bad Seattle defense. The Tampa game I’m not looking forward to.. but hopefully the bucs have “a bad game” that day haha 

Its going to be interesting going into the BYE now. The Rams have things to sure up in the passing game. The defense is fine, the running game is fine. Im not even upset at Forbath because under the conditions today and by conditions I mean everything was going wrong for the Rams I expected him to actually miss. I literally called it before the kick that he would miss sitting at home watching. I think Forbath will be ok. McVay just needs to get the mindset to run until teams show they can stop it. Even if Goff only throws 8 passes like the Niners did with Jimmy G in the playoffs. Only running 21 times isnt going to cut it ESPECIALLY if the team is averaging 6.2yds per carry. At the very least had the Rams ran the ball more they wouldnt have given up that fumble return for a td in the redzone. No reason to be in empty set when your backs at worst is getting 4yds per carry. So to me McVay has to figure this out and the BYE is coming at the perfect time. Sucks Rams lost today but Ill take (5-3) heading into the BYE. I said the Rams would go (10-6) and right now they are on pace for it.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:14 PM, MDY10 said:

Can we talk about that little juke Akers had today? Man that was an underrated highlight. 

And After that very impressive play where only because of Injury to Henderson that Cam even touched the field that McVay pulls him out the game for Malcolm Brown again. I just don't Get It. Cam keeps making plays and showing flashes than McVay Pulls Him. Why did we draft him as our 1st pick if McVay is in love with Brown. We have not utilized Henderson and Ackers the way we should have so far this season. 

• Like 1