Jump to content

Week 8 - Rams at Dolphins


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, RamsFan24 said:

And After that very impressive play where only because of Injury to Henderson that Cam even touched the field that McVay pulls him out the game for Malcolm Brown again. I just don't Get It. Cam keeps making plays and showing flashes than McVay Pulls Him. Why did we draft him as our 1st pick if McVay is in love with Brown. We have not utilized Henderson and Ackers the way we should have so far this season. 

In my opinion, it was to replace Brown after this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if any of you listen to the Coach McVay Show, but on this most recent one McVay sounded pretty frustrated 

if you can read between the lines of what he’s saying, McVay is taking subtle jabs at Goff for not being able to read the defenses and check in/out of plays when he saw cover zero

that def concerns me.

Especially when he said he himself has to do more to mitigate the risk of turnovers (like call different plays, since Goff has trouble reading the blitz) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Don’t know if any of you listen to the Coach McVay Show, but on this most recent one McVay sounded pretty frustrated 

if you can read between the lines of what he’s saying, McVay is taking subtle jabs at Goff for not being able to read the defenses and check in/out of plays when he saw cover zero

that def concerns me.

Especially when he said he himself has to do more to mitigate the risk of turnovers (like call different plays, since Goff has trouble reading the blitz) 

If Mcvay wants Goff to have the opportunity to audible plays and read defenses, he needs to let him break the huddle before there's 10 seconds left. We'll never know if Goff can handle that or not until he's given a legit shot at it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Don’t know if any of you listen to the Coach McVay Show, but on this most recent one McVay sounded pretty frustrated 

if you can read between the lines of what he’s saying, McVay is taking subtle jabs at Goff for not being able to read the defenses and check in/out of plays when he saw cover zero

that def concerns me.

Especially when he said he himself has to do more to mitigate the risk of turnovers (like call different plays, since Goff has trouble reading the blitz) 

How can he dare to say that ? He obvioulsy don't know a thing about football. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flounch said:

How can he dare to say that ? He obvioulsy don't know a thing about football. 

 

You’re finally right Flounch. Still doesn’t mean Goff sucks. And that’s something Goff can def learn from 

I didn’t know Goff had the freedom to check in and out of plays as much as McVay made it seem. 

One things for sure, IF the Rams ever move on from Goff, I suspect this game had lots to do with it.  

Never heard McVay talk like this and it seems like his patience is running thin

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Don’t know if any of you listen to the Coach McVay Show, but on this most recent one McVay sounded pretty frustrated 

if you can read between the lines of what he’s saying, McVay is taking subtle jabs at Goff for not being able to read the defenses and check in/out of plays when he saw cover zero

that def concerns me.

Especially when he said he himself has to do more to mitigate the risk of turnovers (like call different plays, since Goff has trouble reading the blitz) 

Should be frustrated with himself. He could have kept a blocker or two in for protection. But he ignored the issues Goff was having with that defense. It's his job to put Goff in a position to succeed. He failed against the Dolphins. It was the exact same nonsense we saw in the Super Bowl.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrry32 said:

Should be frustrated with himself. He could have kept a blocker or two in for protection. But he ignored the issues Goff was having with that defense. It's his job to put Goff in a position to succeed. He failed against the Dolphins. It was the exact same nonsense we saw in the Super Bowl.

I get it, but McVay made it seem as if Goff has control over line protection and control over checking out of the play and he didnt do both. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a play early in the game where Dolphins zero blitzed on 3rd down. Goff threw behind Kupp. The play looked like sort of a designed screen where Brown and Reynolds came across to block. Potential big gainer and at the very least a first down. The pick Goff threw later her read zero and threw similar middle route to Kupp. Think the contrast in those plays slowed him down rest of game.

Anyone have any ideas on the strip sack for a TD. Did Hendo screw up in not blocking Ogbah? I don't know if he's not the first read why he wouldn't think to chip. Would have given Goff time to make throw. Even if not designed that way, would like to see him make the heads up play. 

This is the lowest I've ever been on Goff. Don't know how much longer I can go with him if he keeps making these mistakes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Should be frustrated with himself. He could have kept a blocker or two in for protection. But he ignored the issues Goff was having with that defense. It's his job to put Goff in a position to succeed. He failed against the Dolphins. It was the exact same nonsense we saw in the Super Bowl.

The play calling was straight pathetic...if Goff had total control of audibles and line adjustments I think he would’ve made them, I mean it was his butt that was getting killed.... I don’t think a QB would keep rolling with empty backfields with all of the hits he took. 
 

The genius McVay got too cute once again, and Goff is taking most ( if not all ) of the negativity yet again. Don’t get me wrong, Goff looked like straight trash, but his cerebral HC nearly got him plastered on the field.  We have some work to do fellow Rams fans, but our season is far from over; we’re playing playoff football in January 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

The play calling was straight pathetic...if Goff had total control of audibles and line adjustments I think he would’ve made them, I mean it was his butt that was getting killed.... I don’t think a QB would keep rolling with empty backfields with all of the hits he took. 
 

The genius McVay got too cute once again, and Goff is taking most ( if not all ) of the negativity yet again. Don’t get me wrong, Goff looked like straight trash, but his cerebral HC nearly got him plastered on the field.  We have some work to do fellow Rams fans, but our season is far from over; we’re playing playoff football in January 

Defense can ball. McVay just has to recognize that he has a defense this year and be willing to grind out wins with the running game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Defense can ball. McVay just has to recognize that he has a defense this year and be willing to grind out wins with the running game.

I agree. Plus this isnt the same team as 2018 that was winning 54-51 or 38-31. I feel like even then people were complaining about the Rams except it was on the defensive side. The reason why I’m not pressing the panic button is the Rams have an identity and McVay is still one of the best coaches in the NFL. It’s not like the Rams can’t move the football on offense. Their run game is top 10, passing game is slightly above average and when it feeds off the running game it’s top 5. Goff is the best passer off playaction and bootlegs. Like you mentioned the defense is balling. This defense looks better than the defense that took the Rams to the Superbowl in the playoffs and caused Brady to look bad in the Superbowl. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a 30+M$ QB that still can't read the defense or adjust the protection but it's Mcvay fault if he can't improved on this year after year ? 

That's ridiculous. What's the point of having a 30M$ QB if he still play like a rookie QB. 

Mcvay should have called more run sunday but if he said that Goff has to do a better job at recognizing the defense then maybe he's right. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...