Minshew has multiple fractures and strained ligament in right thumb

pwny

Definitely the best part about this is that he refused to talk to the team about it for several games. So now we are going to get people who say his last few games don’t mean anything and he deserves more time because “he’s actually good.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Definitely the best part about this is that he refused to talk to the team about it for several games. So now we are going to get people who say his last few games don’t mean anything and he deserves more time because “he’s actually good.”

Don't think so. Had the Dolphins and Bengals games and who knows when it happened in Houston.

If anything it worries you if he gets healthy and we sneak a win late in the season against MIN/IND.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Don't think so. Had the Dolphins and Bengals games and who knows when it happened in Houston.

If anything it worries you if he gets healthy and we sneak a win late in the season against MIN/IND.

There were excuses made for him through 4 games. Especially if he comes back and plays decently for 1-2 games, there’s gonna be a lot of this.

You better not though. You’ve come so far. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

There were excuses made for him through 4 games. Especially if he comes back and plays decently for 1-2 games, there’s gonna be a lot of this.

You better not though. You’ve come so far. 

Ehh, think those excuses are more so just people begging for us to have a QB finally. Minshews been the most capable QB we've had in a decade so I can't say I'm surprised.

Fully entrenched on the TLaw/Fields/Lance/Wilson bandwagon, I'm not going anywhere.

34 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ehh, think those excuses are more so just people begging for us to have a QB finally. Minshews been the most capable QB we've had in a decade so I can't say I'm surprised.

Fully entrenched on the TLaw/Fields/Lance/Wilson bandwagon, I'm not going anywhere.

How do u feel about mac jones and trask?

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

How do u feel about mac jones and trask?

Ehh, got more season left but I don't see them as franchise level talents at this point in time. The other four have higher upsides/more live arms and fit today's NFL more with dual threat ability imo.

Not gonna act like I've watched a ton of Trask but that's the read I have on him.

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ehh, got more season left but I don't see them as franchise level talents at this point in time. The other four have higher upsides/more live arms and fit today's NFL more with dual threat ability imo.

Not gonna act like I've watched a ton of Trask but that's the read I have on him.

Mac is putting up better  numbers then tua was even with his limited arm but mac also realizes his limitations.  im not saying mac is or isnt a franchise guy but with the same supporting cast mac is performing better. 

trask has an average arm but hes producing. 

Wilson has a Big fat red flag regarding angle of releasing passes(hes gonna be prone to to a shoulder injury and hes already had 1 Shoulder surgery). ill wait for the numbers but some people has said Wilsons Ball velocity isnt good

49 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Mac is putting up better  numbers then tua was even with his limited arm but mac also realizes his limitations.  im not saying mac is or isnt a franchise guy but with the same supporting cast mac is performing better. 

trask has an average arm but hes producing. 

Wilson has a Big fat red flag regarding angle of releasing passes(hes gonna be prone to to a shoulder injury and hes already had 1 Shoulder surgery). ill wait for the numbers but some people has said Wilsons Ball velocity isnt good

So we're basing evaluations/upside at the next level based on bulk numbers in college? Seems like a great way to go about it...

I don't have advanced numbers on how hard a guy is throwing. But Wilson, while playing low level schools/playing at BYU, is getting deserved 1st round hype from some of the most respected guys in the business and for good reason. His arm looks plenty fine to me...if not a big asset. Big reason why I like him so much actually.

That will be on the medical evaluators to determine that type of stuff. But from what I see in Wilson and his game he gives me much more hope of leading this franchise than Mac Jones or Trask at this point in time.

I'm old enough to remember when Tee Martin led a Tennessee Volunteers team to a National Championship when for the four years prior, Peyton Manning was completely unable to lead a team close to one. Martin's rate stats were also equal to or better than Manning's with the same supporting cast as well.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I'm old enough to remember when Tee Martin led a Tennessee Volunteers team to a National Championship when for the four years prior, Peyton Manning was completely unable to lead a team close to one. Martin's rate stats were also equal to or better than Manning's with the same supporting cast as well.

...you mean college success isn't a direct correlation to pro success?

Still have plenty of games to see Wilson, Trask, and Mac Jones. All I'm saying is I like Wilson as a pro prospect/his upside much more than the latter two from what I've seen this season. We'll see how the rest of the season goes for all three though.

I'm just not into taking a guy with arm questions (like Mac and Trask have) in today's NFL. Minshew is smart as hell and we see what is happening to him due to those limitations (he has other issues, but if the guy had an above average/good arm I think that fixes a lot of problems for him). 

Are we looking for a franchise QB or are we looking for an ok starter with limited upside (like we have now)?

I know which one I want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'm just not into taking a guy with arm questions (like Mac and Trask have) in today's NFL. Minshew is smart as hell and we see what is happening to him due to those limitations (he has other issues, but if the guy had an above average/good arm I think that fixes a lot of problems for him). 

Are we looking for a franchise QB or are we looking for an ok starter with limited upside (like we have now)?

I know which one I want.

I don’t know who this new guy is who’s been taking for @.Buzz this season.. but he’s alright with me. 😂

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 3:05 PM, .Buzz said:

I know which one I want.

It's a dangerous game, searching for that guy who not only has "the arm talent" but everything else as well.  But it's really the way to go.  The primary job of the quaterback, is to throw the ball to people.  I want a natural thrower of the football, with all the talent in the world in that respect.

Josh Allen is showing right now, how when that element is there...the rest can be developed.  The opposite, just really isn't possible.