Comedian Ralphie May dead at 45

rob_shadows

ralphie seemed like a cool dude whenever i heard him on podcasts. his relationship w/ doug stanhope is how i'd want people to be. every year him & stanhope would put each other first on their celebrity death pool. 

saddest tweet i've read in a way

sucks. his work lives on. 

He was always at the comedy club here in Nashville, and I think I last saw him around February in the crowd. He looked absolutely awful. Its winter and he is walking around sweating like its 125 degrees. I never went up to him to say hi because of this. He just looked too disgusting. You knew this was coming.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Got robbed on Last Comic Standing. Seemed like a really cool guy.

i wouldn't bring it up, but others already have. Obesity epidemic is no joke. And now if you suggest people get help you're fat shaming. Heartbreaking stuff 

People should definitely be comfortable in their own skin, but at a certain point too much weight isn't a good thing and unhealthy. 

Sad to hear about his passing. 

3 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

People should definitely be comfortable in their own skin, but at a certain point too much weight isn't a good thing and unhealthy. 

Sad to hear about his passing. 

Exactly, before he had surgery 13 years ago he weighed 800lbs. Even after I don't think he ever got lower than about 400lbs.

I'm a little under 280 and consider myself very fat (I'm 6 foot even)...I can't imagine how it would feel health wise to be over 400lbs.

EDIT: Was curious so I just looked it up... He was also only 5'9 to give a little more context.

Archived