2021 MLB Offseason Thread

Indians waived Hand in hopes someone else would claim him for the sole purpose of saving the $1 Million to decline his option.

As expected, the Brewers declined Ryan Braun's $15 Million option, likely ending an era in Milwaukee.

• Like 1

The Indians waiving Hand is super dumb. Declining his option would be too. He is a guy you can trade for a pretty good haul. Hell they traded Mejia for him. I don't get it at all.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Indians waived Hand in hopes someone else would claim him for the sole purpose of saving the $1 Million to decline his option.

As expected, the Brewers declined Ryan Braun's $15 Million option, likely ending an era in Milwaukee.

That deal was bad, but as soon as he's gone now I want him back.

And yep, I think the owners already know a lockout/strike is coming, so they are going to get themselves in the best negotiating position possible and completely shut down spending.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If they could have traded him, they would have. So every single MLB team passed on 1 year of Charlie Morton for $15MM. 

They passed on trading for it. Why bother when you know the Rays wont pick up the option and you can sign him

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

They passed on trading for it. Why bother when you know the Rays wont pick up the option and you can sign him

Because trading for him guarantees you the player instead of opening up the possibility of multiple teams going for him, and because it caps his contract at $15MM/1 year.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jetfan66 said:

Steve Cohen implied he is going to spend this offseason in his opening statement. Makes sense since he didn't lose millions in revenue this season like the other owners.

Be interesting to see how this affects the labor talks.

I hope he ****s the other owners over