Week 8: Jets @ Chiefs

Bobby816

This IMO will get dirty. Wouldn't surprise me if KC hangs 40+ on us with ease. I look for them to use Bell (especially in the 2nd half) to just put that dagger even deeper into us.

Same positives though I'll be looking for... Becton to show out at LT and hopefully the OL improve. Perine hopefully getting the majority of the the touches and start really phasing Gore out. And I want to see Mims used like a legit weapon this game. He had flashes and then we just stopped using him. Hopefully Loggains learned from this. And lastly on offense I want to see us start using Herndon finally.

On defense I don't look forward to much this week bc I think it will get nasty. But maybe Huff can keep getting pressure on the edge and maybe Q can disrupt things up the middle. Davis might get a lot more action at S this week as well. But I think that will be a tough go for him with KCs weapons. So I wont judge him much.

Prediction: Jets 17 KC 93 

I have Bell in my FF leagues and I am starting him. They will give him the ball early and often to rest the rookie a little bit. I don't think that KC covers the spread. Only 13 times in NFL history has a betting line been 20 or more. Now out of those 13 only 3 times has the favorite covered the spread. Yes I am saying take the Jets with the points. 

Final score

KC 28

Jets 10

Bell goes over 100 and has 2 TD's. Mahomes has a low producing game because they run the ball a lot on the second half. They will have long drives of 8 and 9 minutes. Jets get a cheap TD late in the game to cover the spread. 

I see this game being a real nail biter, right to the final  whistle.   KANSAS CITY 38 NEW YORK JETS 3. I can live with this score. But what I can't live with is Bell getting over 100 yards rushing the ball and have numerous pass receptions, that will be the thing that will drive me over the edge.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This IMO will get dirty. Wouldn't surprise me if KC hangs 40+ on us with ease. I look for them to use Bell (especially in the 2nd half) to just put that dagger even deeper into us.

Same positives though I'll be looking for... Becton to show out at LT and hopefully the OL improve. Perine hopefully getting the majority of the the touches and start really phasing Gore out. And I want to see Mims used like a legit weapon this game. He had flashes and then we just stopped using him. Hopefully Loggains learned from this. And lastly on offense I want to see us start using Herndon finally.

On defense I don't look forward to much this week bc I think it will get nasty. But maybe Huff can keep getting pressure on the edge and maybe Q can disrupt things up the middle. Davis might get a lot more action at S this week as well. But I think that will be a tough go for him with KCs weapons. So I wont judge him much.

Prediction: Jets 17 KC 93 

How the F we getting 17?! Lol

I hope Lev Bell has a great game. He seemed liked a good guy and teammate.

Im curious to see how Bieniemy interacts with his players on the sideline.

I’m just not sure how we even go about stopping their offense. This will be the ugliest game of the last decade. KC 52 NYJ 6

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Everybody knows the Chiefs should win this.  This is why it is a total TRAP GAME for the Chiefs!  Come on Jets.  You can win this one!  Their team could come in way unprepared, taking you too lightly.  Stranger things have happened.  Good luck.

We might cover the spread Bc it’s something crazy like only 2/13 games played with this big of a spread have ever covered. But no underdog has ever won. So maybe it’s not a total blowout like we think.

Maybe something more like 33-16