Week 8: Jets @ Chiefs

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We might cover the spread Bc it’s something crazy like only 2/13 games played with this big of a spread have ever covered. But no underdog has ever won. So maybe it’s not a total blowout like we think.

Maybe something more like 33-16

For some reason, I just keep thinking of a game in 2018 when the Vikings played the Bills.  The Vikings were coming off a season where we went to the NFCCG, we were playing at home, and the Bills had started the season looking brutally bad.  Everybody thought we would win that game without even having to try.  Unfortunately, our players came into that game thinking they wouldn't have to try, and the Bills shocked the world and came out of it with the win. 

47 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

For some reason, I just keep thinking of a game in 2018 when the Vikings played the Bills.  The Vikings were coming off a season where we went to the NFCCG, we were playing at home, and the Bills had started the season looking brutally bad.  Everybody thought we would win that game without even having to try.  Unfortunately, our players came into that game thinking they wouldn't have to try, and the Bills shocked the world and came out of it with the win. 

That was much earlier in the season than we're currently at now. 0-7 is a big enough sample size to declare that we are far and away the worst team in football.

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm starting Hardman, Kelce, Bell, Hill, and Mahomes on draftkings tomorrow.  I also started Mims for garbage time yards. 

One of the saddest parts about this Jets team is that they aren't even good in garbage time. We should have so many more passing yards and a few more TDs just from throwing like crazy to try to get back into games, but we don't.

The Blake Bortles Jags were great at it a few years back and almost confused us into thinking they had a decent offense. These Jets don't want to be dishonest like that.

Edited by TheChad
typo

2 minutes ago, TheChad said:

One of the saddest parts about this Jets team is that they aren't even good in garbage time. We should have some many more passing yards and a few more TDs just from throwing like crazy to try to get back into games, but we don't.

The Blake Bortles Jags were great at it a few years back and almost confused us into thinking they had a decent offense. These Jets don't want to be dishonest like that.

That's true. 

We don't take shots down the field like we're trying to catch up. I'm hoping one of their back up DBs slip up.