Ronnie Stanley Signed to 5-year Extension

coordinator0

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

He takes slightly less per year than Tunsil and less guaranteed money but an overall bigger contract. Don't think we can be unhappy with it, but I am getting concerned about who we won't be able to extend. 

Depends where the cap goes for Covid. Lamars Contract is really going to jam us up when we give it. We're in a win now window because I'm not sure how our team looks 2 years into the Lamar deal. 

21 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Depends where the cap goes for Covid. Lamars Contract is really going to jam us up when we give it. We're in a win now window because I'm not sure how our team looks 2 years into the Lamar deal. 

There will be a logjam, and the question is if guys like Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell are extended to lower their cap numbers.

Ingram will have a 1,3 mio dead cap number with 5 mio cap savings next year, so I think he will be gone. 

L.J. Fort can be cut with little cap implications but his base salary is low compared to his actual impact, so that would be dumb imo.

Then we have Tavon Young and Peters in 2022 who can be cut for big cap savings with limited dead cap, but especially Peters could be up for restructuring if he continues his play and fit with the team while Young have to stay healthy in 2021 to avoid being cut.

To me, it would be difficult to part with Orlando Brown. I consider him a centerpiece on our oline going forward. Never injured, doesn't get banged up frequently, doesn't rely on athleticism so age won't hurt his ability much, able to switch to LT in emergency and the epitomy of a homegrown player that plays nasty and just belongs here.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Am I the only one who thinks Stanley is a prime candidate to coast now that he's got his first big contract?

Not especially worried. He seems like a pro. Also, he was the 6th overall pick, so he's made $33M+ including his 5th year option. It's not like he was a late round pick making 500k per for 4 years.

Edited by wackywabbit

I came pretty darn close on my numbers from 4 months ago.

6 years, $115m, $60m fully guaranteed at signing; $19.16m APY, $10m AGPY

OR

4 years, $75m, $54m fully guaranteed at signing; 18.75m APY, $13.5m AGPY

Since they went with the 6 year (when counting the extension), I high balled the offer slightly as it rounds to $113m vs the $115m I guessed. Though his guaranteed amount is a little more than what I anticipated for the longer deal with an AGPY of $11.83m. Not enough to surpass Tunsil’s 13.3 but Stanley and the Ravens decided to go with making him the first $100m offensive tackle like I assumed they would... that way he’s setting the market in his own way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Am I the only one who thinks Stanley is a prime candidate to coast now that he's got his first big contract?

A little. I don’t think he’ll pack it in from an on field perspective. But it wouldn’t shock me if some of these injuries he finds himself playing through, suddenly become a bit more unbearable to play through.

But with TJ Watt and Myles Garrett within the division, keeping Stanley made sense... with the caveat that it came at a fair market price and not anything overboard. Hopefully though he doesn’t prove my fears correct though with regard to his durability forcing him out of more games now that he’s paid. But we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

There will be a logjam, and the question is if guys like Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell are extended to lower their cap numbers.

Ingram will have a 1,3 mio dead cap number with 5 mio cap savings next year, so I think he will be gone. 

L.J. Fort can be cut with little cap implications but his base salary is low compared to his actual impact, so that would be dumb imo.

Then we have Tavon Young and Peters in 2022 who can be cut for big cap savings with limited dead cap, but especially Peters could be up for restructuring if he continues his play and fit with the team while Young have to stay healthy in 2021 to avoid being cut.

To me, it would be difficult to part with Orlando Brown. I consider him a centerpiece on our oline going forward. Never injured, doesn't get banged up frequently, doesn't rely on athleticism so age won't hurt his ability much, able to switch to LT in emergency and the epitomy of a homegrown player that plays nasty and just belongs here.

See, this is the part I go back and forth on. I think Orlando Brown is going to price himself out of Baltimore. With guys like Yannick, Mark Andrews and Lamar coming up, I just can't see Zeus sticking around, unless we get him on some amazing deal, which is highly unlikely. We are fairly good at developing offensive line talent. I'm interested to see which way this goes though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

A little. I don’t think he’ll pack it in from an on field perspective. But it wouldn’t shock me if some of these injuries he finds himself playing through, suddenly become a bit more unbearable to play through.

But with TJ Watt and Myles Garrett within the division, keeping Stanley made sense... with the caveat that it came at a fair market price and not anything overboard. Hopefully though he doesn’t prove my fears correct though with regard to his durability forcing him out of more games now that he’s paid. But we’ll see.

I wouldn't even put TJ Watt on that list. He's a LOLB and rushes against the right side of the line only. Stanley is here to protect Lamar from Myles Garrett pretty much.