Ravens sign LT Ronnie Stanley to 5 year, 98.75M extension

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

well deserved. there is not much tackle talent in the NFL right now so i feel good keeping one of the best for his prime.

IMO an unfortunate unintended consequence of the college spread systems and limited padded practice time in training camp negotiated agreement is the lack of quality OL play and adequately developed linemen coming in. Ironically, quarterback and WR play has never been better due to a lot of this though.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

No. He has a lot of nagging injuries. Not enough to usually miss games, but soft tissue issues that keep him from dominating on occasions. I’d say he’s probably on a similar caliber of play as a D’Brickashaw Ferguson, maybe a pinch better. But still probably just a notch below HOF quality. He has the ability but I don’t think his durability will hold up long enough to get him there.

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

No, gets banged up from time to time. Doesn't miss a lot of time, but plays a couple games at less than 100%.

He's definitely in the conversation for best LT in the league the last couple years. But, there also isn't hasn't been an amazing surefire HoF LT recently.

Somewhat reminds me of Trent Brown. Dominant young Tackle but injuries slow them down. At least in Stanley's case he doesn't miss much time unlike Brown.

How is Baltimore's cap situation? Do they have many pending FA's or guys they have to re-sign? I know they handed Humphrey a big one earlier this year too.

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Somewhat reminds me of Trent Brown. Dominant young Tackle but injuries slow them down. At least in Stanley's case he doesn't miss much time unlike Brown.

How is Baltimore's cap situation? Do they have many pending FA's or guys they have to re-sign? I know they handed Humphrey a big one earlier this year too.

No, him and Humphrey were our big two. No one is up next year and we will likely have the money to franchise Yannick if we can’t sign him, Lamar can’t be signed until next offseason.

14 minutes ago, Silver said:

No, him and Humphrey were our big two. No one is up next year and we will likely have the money to franchise Yannick if we can’t sign him, Lamar can’t be signed until next offseason.

We can extent Lamar this coming offfseason, he will have 3 years. Even if we do though, the cap hit will likely be low the first 2 years into the new deal, which should at least cover any sharp cap drop next year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It is still in pretty good shape. We do however have a lot of big contracts coming. Humphrey and Stanley are the firsts, and then we have Orlando Brown, Mark andrews, Lamar to extend.

Then we also have one edge under contract in Jaylon Ferguson, which means we have someone in the Jihad Ward, Pernell McPhee, Tyus Bowser, Matt Judon and now Yannick Ngakoue group to extend, so the cap can disappear fast.

We also don't have many players where it makes a ton of sense to reconstruct contracts, and Mark Ingram is the only likely cut in 2021. In 2022 only Marcus Peters and Tavon Young can be cut without a lot of deadmoney with some actual cap savings.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yes, I'd argue it's between him or Tunsil. Stanley is probably better at full health, but he gets banged up. Tunsil doesn't show much wear with injury, but isn't as good in the run game. Both are elite pass protectors.

I'm not saying he's the clear cut best, but Bakhtiari belongs in this conversation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

At this point we’ll likely need to decide between Yannick, Ngakoue, Mark Andrews, Orlando Brown Jr, and Hollywood Brown. Perhaps Hollywood doesn’t exactly belong as he’s got 2 years of protection after the Andrews and Brown Jr off seasons next year where we’d need to get a deal done with them.

As Lamar will likely be extended this offseason so as to spread out whatever impact across multiple years. I’d suspect the Ravens to tack on 5 years to the two Lamar has left to get him through 30 and then reevaluate after that. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Lamar takes less money for the betterment of the team. I don’t know if he’ll feel the need to “get a record type deal” but rather just be paid in the conversation with Russell Wilson and the like and that’ll be fine by him. He idolized Brady and the Ravens might be able to take advantage of that in negotiations by explaining they’re more likely to win if everyone takes a little bit less. Lamar strikes me as the type to “take a little bit less, like Brady did for years.”

If that’s the case, then we MIGHT be able to fit all of them under the cap... though that would also likely require the cap going up some over the next few years and the other guys all taking less than. Beyond those names listed above though, that should be our only big money offers of expectation over the next few years.

The last variable here that I think plays a part will be what happens with that ET player grievance. The Ravens seemed to have it all documented and it was extensive. So if they win the grievance that’ll free up additional money that can go towards keeping the core intact.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

prior to this move they were appx 30 million in cap space next year.   however Judon, Ngakoue are set to be FA's and Lamar is Looking like he needs an extension(he really should push that issue since he runs so much)

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

prior to this move they were appx 30 million in cap space next year.   however Judon, Ngakoue are set to be FA's and Lamar is Looking like he needs an extension(he really should push that issue since he runs so much)

Judon is gone. Ngakoue will be extended and same with Lamar. Mark Andrews probably hits FA since we run through TE's like crazy. 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Judon is gone. Ngakoue will be extended and same with Lamar. Mark Andrews probably hits FA since we run through TE's like crazy. 

im just stating guys who are starters ;)

andrews is a FA in 2022. 

skura is a FA and if im not mistaken hes a solid center. 

gonna have some interesting things in baltimore soon with the top 3 cbs taking up  appx 31 million and 2 aging DL taking up  appx 29 million

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

im just stating guys who are starters ;)

andrews is a FA in 2022. 

skura is a FA and if im not mistaken hes a solid center. 

gonna have some interesting things in baltimore soon with the top 3 cbs taking up  appx 31 million and 2 aging DL taking up  appx 29 million

Patrick Mekari is just as good if not better than Skura, so we're good there. We'll be fine. We find UDFA NT's like they grow on trees. Now, if our drafting takes a dump, we're in trouble.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Those 2 DL you are talking about are both expiring after next year. None of these contracts we are signing now will have huge cap charges before they are gone. We may move on from Tavon Young as well (or ask him to take a pay cut), he can't stay healthy.

There aren't really any super bad contracts on the books. Earl was one, but eating that as soon as possible was a good move for not hindering our future signings, especially if we can win this grievance and get 10m back.

Edited by wackywabbit

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Those 2 DL you are talking about are both expiring after next year. We may move on from Tavon Young as well (or ask him to take a pay cut), he can't stay healthy.

those 2 DL should cover almost all Lamars extension in the future but the question is will Lamar force the ravens to extend him this offseason when hes first eligible or not.