The Gnat

Sleeping Style  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Sleeping Style

• Back
    • Side
    • Stomach
    • Inverted Triple Spinning Earlobe Style

So I've noticed that my pillow is no longer cutting it. I'm trying to find something that is good for side sleepers. I tend to sleep fairly hot, but fairly often the pillow I have gets squished down too much, anyone have a good pillow for side sleepers or any that they've found that they like. Right now I have a Bamboo one, but it just collapses too fast and by the morning I'll feel sore, I think some of it might be the bed as well, but pillow will be the first thing to change up.

I keep trying to find a pillow I like. It lasts for a while, then they break down. I keep wanting to get a Purple pillow, but I always struggle with the price.

If you sleep hot, look into the Eight Sleep Pod mattress, or mattress cover. It's a great system that uses water channels to cool or heat each side of the bed. You can go down to 55 degrees, or up to 110. You setup a temperature to fall asleep at, two points in the middle of the night, and a wake up. It's expensive, but it works. We got ours almost 2 weeks ago, and love it, even though we're figuring out the correct temps for us.

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

I keep trying to find a pillow I like. It lasts for a while, then they break down. I keep wanting to get a Purple pillow, but I always struggle with the price.

If you sleep hot, look into the Eight Sleep Pod mattress, or mattress cover. It's a great system that uses water channels to cool or heat each side of the bed. You can go down to 55 degrees, or up to 110. You setup a temperature to fall asleep at, two points in the middle of the night, and a wake up. It's expensive, but it works. We got ours almost 2 weeks ago, and love it, even though we're figuring out the correct temps for us.

Dual zone?  My wife and I sleep at very different temps.  Hers: blazing hot with 11 blankets.  Mine: Normal People

I have a Nectar pillow.  My wife doesn't like hers, but i like it.  It's one of those memory foam ones that you can pull the material out of, so you can adjust it whatever level of firmness you want.

I'm a side sleeper also.

Just now, theJ said:

Dual zone?  My wife and I sleep at very different temps.  Hers: blazing hot with 11 blankets.  Mine: Normal People

Exactly why we we bought it. My wife is freezing when she falls asleep, and somehow gets 200 degrees during the night. I need to be a little cool throughout. We have it set for a little warm at bedtime, cooling down while we sleep, and get pretty warm at wake up because everybody hates being cold in the morning. It also does full sleep tracking, and will recommend temps based on the surface temps at night.

37 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

Exactly why we we bought it. My wife is freezing when she falls asleep, and somehow gets 200 degrees during the night. I need to be a little cool throughout. We have it set for a little warm at bedtime, cooling down while we sleep, and get pretty warm at wake up because everybody hates being cold in the morning. It also does full sleep tracking, and will recommend temps based on the surface temps at night.

Fancy

5 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

You thought it was that kind of thread, and you still opened it knowing the people around here? I would suggest seeking therapy.

I thought it was going to be gifs and pictures of pillows talking or pillows with funny designs. 

Speech Bubble Cushions: Egor Bashakov's Pillows Will Talk You To Sleep

6 hours ago, MrDrew said:

You can go down to 55 degrees,

Now yer talking. Hopefully they have a turbo model that goes down to 50 degrees
I sleep on my side, I gave up trying to find a viable pillow so I just fold the damn pillow in half.
...and I have the fan on 365 nights of the year

I'm a back sleeper and need 2 pillows. Still struggling after umpteen years to find the 'perfect' pillow set up. Until then, I have 5 different pillows I rotate in and out; ridiculous

Ps. I thought this thread was pillow talk, like lil man Leslie Jordan's. I should've known better :)