Colts at Lions

diehardlionfan

Just now, Karnage84 said:

CBS just showed the Colts' 4 TE's, all undrafted. We pick ours in the top 10. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Hock but practically every top TE is a 2nd rounder and under. 

We pick ours with top 10 picks. And they have issues catching the ball. Our franchise sabotages itself. 

Just now, Superduperman said:

I never said I was leaving the board or giving up on discussing the team. I said I wasn't watching any more of it today.

And guess what I was right. So you can just acknowledge that any time now

You are right, you stopped watching. Congrats on your victory. 

Would you like to discuss football now?

Sure.

Vaitai sucks and we paid him a TON.

Anyone who thought that the defense was going to be better going forward, is foolish. We beat two really bad teams and against a decent one the defense went back to their no play making selves.

Shelton and Nick Williams are total wastes of money. Rivers dissed Shelton right in his fat face because he knew Shelton wouldn't get near him the rest of the day.

29 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Looking at the first page of this threat a lot of people let wins against terrible teams make them forget who this team is. 

Not so much that. This week was a test to see if the Lions had really improved or if it was a result of playing poor teams. They were beaten soundly in all aspects by a better team. 

The Colts spent so much time in the Lions backfield they should pay rent. 

• Like 1

Think Ravens would give there 1st for Golladay after today?  How about the Packers? How would we feel about that?  Marvin should be able to fetch a descent pick.  It’s time, mediocrity is this teams ceiling. Probably have to wait till offseason to deal Stafford .  What if we traded Stafford to the Bears and Golladay to the Packers picking up both there 1st?  How do you say no to that?

Edited by BigC421/

But the Lions will never make shrewd moves like that. To trade away whatever good players they have would be admitting they're below average.

They will never do that because the Lions don't exist to win. They don't exist to be judged by winning and losing. They exist to provide the Fords with corporate and community prestige.

The thing that worries me the most going forward is just lack of talent and player development. 

We have no WRs (besides Cephus who has been inactive) or LBs (besides Tavai and Collins) signed for next season. We have young OL talent but refuse to play Stenberg and keep rotating Vaitai/Dahl/etc with no success. We have money tied up at CB, but it's in Trufant/Coleman who have been injured and are really the only players that could clear money for capspace, but we aren't developing Okudah/Oruwariye quickly enough. We have nothing of value at safety. We don't use our TEs outside of Hockenson who makes two bad plays for every one good play. Jesse Jame, Hunter Bryant and Isaac Nauta are non-existent in our offense. 

If I'm Patricia, and I know no trades are on the horizon, I am working to develop the guys I have.

WR- Hall/Cephus/Agnew

RB- Swift/Johnson

TE- Hock/Bryant/Nauta

OL- Stenberg/Jackson

DL- Okwara/Penisini/????????

LB- ?????

CB- Okudah/Oruwariye

S- ?????? 

Run game is not working? Add in some screens and short yardage passes. Use your TEs and Amendola. Open up some angles for Agnew and Swift. If Golladay is going to be out for an extended period, work on getting Jones/Hall/Cephus going. 

Rush defense has been better. Penisini is playing well. Change up your defensive fronts. Stop rushing 3 on 3rd and short. Practice some damn tackling. I saw numerous occasions of tackles in the backfield where our guys just whiffed and the Colts gained good yardage. Start blitzing. For Godsake, you cannot get pressure with 3 or 4 guys, so send more. Help your secondary out. 

I just see poor coaching in every phase on the field. Poor play calling. Poor player development. Poor talent evaluation. 

• Like 1