South Park: The Fractured But Whole

kingseanjohn

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How is this holding up for everyone? As good as the first?

It comes out tomorrow but the reviews so far look to be a solid game.  They say the gameplay really isn't anything too special, no real upgrades over the first game.  Essentially if you like South Park you'll love the game mostly because it's like a ~20 hour episode as a solid but not great RPG. 

46 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

It comes out tomorrow but the reviews so far look to be a solid game.  They say the gameplay really isn't anything too special, no real upgrades over the first game.  Essentially if you like South Park you'll love the game mostly because it's like a ~20 hour episode as a solid but not great RPG. 

Oops. Thanks. I thought it already came out!

It's basically the first game, but a different combat system, deeper, and with a different story of course. Only thing they watered down was gear, which they pretty much removed. I was a big fan of the weapons and the mod slot system, so I was sorry to see that go, but the mix and match of abilities is cool too. 

When I say it's basically the first game, that's not a bad thing, as I think Stick of Truth was incredible. I don't fault them for not deviating from the formula, in fact I'm happy they didn't.

13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's basically the first game, but a different combat system, deeper, and with a different story of course. Only thing they watered down was gear, which they pretty much removed. I was a big fan of the weapons and the mod slot system, so I was sorry to see that go, but the mix and match of abilities is cool too. 

When I say it's basically the first game, that's not a bad thing, as I think Stick of Truth was incredible. I don't fault them for not deviating from the formula, in fact I'm happy they didn't.

Yeah keeping the formula was a good idea. Also not sure why you'd expect weapons since their superheroes, was gonna just be all super powers.

Archived