Irrational Favorites

AkronsWitness

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

At least he will never have to buy a drink in Philadelphia for the rest of his life.

I think cousins is better despite Foles being a hirer draft pick I just think Kirk is unlikeable at least to me. That you like that stuff it just seems his mouth is bigger than his play

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I mean I remember people commentating said he was playing third string bad and was endangered of losing his job to brady quinn in that Steelers game and I'd watch something completely different unfold lol

Were we watching angels in the outfield?

He won ugly, but he won.  Nobody can deny that.  I just don't get why Elway shipped him out.  He had him on the roster already, Tebow just brought the team to the playoffs, won a playoff game, and probably had the highest selling jersey in the NFL at the time.  I don't blame Elway for bringing Peyton to Denver.  That is a very rare opportunity.  People always talked about how Tebow drew too much media attention, but a guy like Peyton Manning was one of the few players who would never have to worry about being overshadowed by Tebow.  Why not keep him on the team as a backup and let him learn behind Peyton for the next 2-3 years?  It just didn't make any sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think cousins is better despite Foles being a hirer draft pick I just think Kirk is unlikeable at least to me. That you like that stuff it just seems his mouth is bigger than his play

Kirk seems like a nice enough guy to me.  He just isn't the type who has a lot of leadership skills.  He seems to lack confidence and I think his team mates pick up on that.  If you don't believe in yourself, it's hard to get other people to believe in you.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Kirk seems like a nice enough guy to me.  He just isn't the type who has a lot of leadership skills.  He seems to lack confidence and I think his team mates pick up on that.  If you don't believe in yourself, it's hard to get other people to believe in you.

Sam Bradford vibes? Also somehow made a boat load of money for no results coming from that tebow draft. I'll tell you what if Tebow had Bradford's passing talent he would have been a hall of famer

30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He won ugly, but he won.  Nobody can deny that.  I just don't get why Elway shipped him out.  He had him on the roster already, Tebow just brought the team to the playoffs, won a playoff game, and probably had the highest selling jersey in the NFL at the time.  I don't blame Elway for bringing Peyton to Denver.  That is a very rare opportunity.  People always talked about how Tebow drew too much media attention, but a guy like Peyton Manning was one of the few players who would never have to worry about being overshadowed by Tebow.  Why not keep him on the team as a backup and let him learn behind Peyton for the next 2-3 years?  It just didn't make any sense.

I don't think you realize how much of a cult following tebow had with tebow mania. He was too popular to just stay in the shadows of peyton.

I ask myself why Brock Osweiler was drafted over Russel Wilson and it was the similar mindset. Peyton doesn't need to be overshadowed by a rookie.

-Hines Ward is another I irrationally love I mean guy was an awesome receiver but I like admired him as a better receiver than he was lol. Like that Keith Rivers hit was insane and he always came back with a smile on his face super impressive.

-I irrationally love Justin Blackmon guy literally ruined his career before it ever fully took off. But man he was fun to watch you were in awe watching him wondering when he'll get suspended again. Also by all accounts he's a great person just has a lot of demons.

Also If we are going all sports. I irrationally lovvvve jimmy Butler lol. Like the guy can be a spectacle sometimes but I just feel like as a teammate and a fan he'd murder someone to win a basketball game. Kinda always loved his mentality like a Talib or Steve Smith.

I used to hate Courtland finnegan with the same mentality and have no clue why. 

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think you realize how much of a cult following tebow had with tebow mania. He was too popular to just stay in the shadows of peyton.

I ask myself why Brock Osweiler was drafted over Russel Wilson and it was the similar mindset. Peyton doesn't need to be overshadowed by a rookie.

I'm one of the biggest Tebow fans on this site, but I just don't understand how anyone could have been upset when the team brought Peyton Manning in.  All the Tebow-maniacs just needed to hear Tim get up and tell them all to cool down and let one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time get in there and play and that Tebow would get his chance after learning under Manning for a couple of years.  If they couldn't do that, they have some real problems.  :D

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I'm one of the biggest Tebow fans on this site, but I just don't understand how anyone could have been upset when the team brought Peyton Manning in.  All the Tebow-maniacs just needed to hear Tim get up and tell them all to cool down and let one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time get in there and play and that Tebow would get his chance after learning under Manning for a couple of years.  If they couldn't do that, they have some real problems.  :D

He had a full on documentary on between the lines it was just him preparing for the NFL draft lol. I don't recall another player having that much attention there were real problems. I also think he was mic'd up every game. He'd be telling DT it's ok you dropped it you're gonna make the play of the game and he did lol, or he'd yell at the oc in crunch time saying there's only one person that carries the ball right here he was too polarizing lol.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

He had a full on documentary on between the lines it was just him preparing for the NFL draft lol. I don't recall another player having that much attention there were real problems. I also think he was mic'd up every game. He'd be telling DT it's ok you dropped it you're gonna make the play of the game and he did lol, or he'd yell at the oc in crunch time saying there's only one person that carries the ball right here he was too polarizing lol.

He was an amazing leader though.  He was the anti-Kirk Cousins, when you think about it. 

Loved Brandon Jacobs, always wanted to see him with Lorenzo Neal both at FB and just beating the hell out of defenses. Ignore the fact he started running sideline to sideline way too much.

Aaron Rodgers was my favorite offensive prospect of all time. I was just getting REALLY into football and watched some of his games, I even loved the stupid left-handed dropback he had to do from time to time. lol

Slauson became a favorite of mine for no reason other than his beard - not saying he wasn't a damn good player but it was a solid beard.

I have a softspot for rough or backstories where they showed themselves to be "bigger" than just football players, so some guys like Dez Bryant, Turbin, Tebow, Hali, etc. Maybe that isn't irrational but my rankings for them seem to be irrational.

18 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

IDK. He was able to go and back up Sanchez and no civil war broke out with Ryan heading the Jets. Putting him between a HOF QB wouldn't have been an issue IMO regardless of the HC.

I thought they would use him as a situational player. Get him to do QB sneaks and options, or even as a HB for Peyton occasionally in short yardage situations. If anything you let Manning get the big lead then pull him to prevent a pointless hit from ending his season. Let Tebow come in then to get experience and keep the clock running. When Manning rode into the sunset, Tebow would take over and the staff would know his strengths and weaknesses while he had the ins and outs of the offense. Could have been their version of the 'Mega Happy Ending.' lol

• Like 1