49ers rumored to be looking at new contracts for Eric Reid/Carlos Hyde

Fureys49ers

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So that bit on Brown didn't seem promising. Looks like that will be a difficult negotiation and he's going to want to be paid top level LT money. He keeps playing like this though, then you have to pay him. 

I don't know that I would say it is promising or not promising at this point, just more that he might not see a new contract until 2019 from us (other than maybe a "good faith" signing bonus to boost his pay next year). Remember, we'll be in the LT market after 2019, so paying a top guy that money a year early to make sure we keep him would be a very good idea. If Brown can play LT, then we don't have to worry about post-Joe Staley. This just seems more of an indicator on the money we'll need to spend to do it.

Plus, franchise tag would be a strong 2019 option if nothing is done by then. Team holds lots of cards right now. 

I don't think Reid will be back just because of the way Tartt has played. I would have liked to see Reid play in his new position longer before making this decision, but Tartt has played fairly well for us. 

I think we will get Brown signed, but Hyde will be a bit difficult to extend. I think he will want big money especially after this season and he definitely knows (or one would assume) that he is our main focus on offense. 

San Francisco selected Hyde 57th overall in 2014, and while he has missed games in all four of his NFL seasons, he has also showed signs of being an impact player when healthy. Hyde has missed two of the 49ers' first four games this season, but in rookie head coach Kyle Shanahan's proven run scheme, he has been a difference maker when the ball has been in his hands, racking up 169 yards on 24 carries (seven yards per attempt).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-attempting-to-extend-contract-of-impending-free-agent-carlos-hyde/

The great Jason LaConfora ladies and gentlemen......

At my old job there was a guy who was so useless we all wondered why he still had a job. He confided in me one night out of the town that he had a picture of our owner stepping out on his wife so he was safe aslong as he didn't sell the business. They had a prenup and if he cheated would have to give his wife most of his money.  Unlucky for him a couple of years ago the business was sold to a land developer and hasn't work since. 

I say jason laConfora has the same thing going on. :)

Archived