Man I really hope Jules can bounce back next year I know we've had the emergence of Jakobi but I really hope Jules can get healthy and be back at his best next year and being 35 next year might be his last so hope he comes back and does what he's always done for us and makes plays. He deserves a great final year he's been one of my favorite Patriots and he deserves to have a great farewell season! Early predictions for him to get 85 receptions, 1050 yards, and 6 touchdowns and have one heck of year! 

Ideally I really thought he would have been able to get around 8500+ yards  in the regular season (about 1700 more to get there looked possible at the start of this season if he'd of stayed healthy) which would have put him above 10,000 including the playoffs, it still might be possible if he plays beyond next season, but to me if he does that he'll make the hall of fame because of how clutch he's been in the playoffs I think 8500+ in the regular season and 10,000+ combined with the post season will be enough for him to get in!

It might be time to cut bait with players like Jules. Do any other teams have 35 year old WRs who now struggle to get open on their front line rosters? 

I think if this season taught us anything, it's that when you don't have the GOAT at QB, your substandard talent elsewhere cannot get elevated. 

I'd keep him (if he doesn't retire), but he'd be a 3rd down option for me. We HAVE to get faster and better and younger all throughout this team, especially at WR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It might be time to cut bait with players like Jules. Do any other teams have 35 year old WRs who now struggle to get open on their front line rosters? 

I think if this season taught us anything, it's that when you don't have the GOAT at QB, your substandard talent elsewhere cannot get elevated. 

I'd keep him (if he doesn't retire), but he'd be a 3rd down option for me. We HAVE to get faster and better and younger all throughout this team, especially at WR

Next year we are building for the future. The only thing he can give you is flashes from years past. What he takes away is a chance to develop (Meyers)younger talent. The goal is SB and that's not happening next year. It's time to clean house. Hightower, McCourty, Chong, Jules etc.. need to go. Think future.

Make Cap moves for the future. Take a look at FA , spend wisely (no super stars) Think, low salary cap next year 2021 for the NFL teams. We looking at 100+ with additional  cuts as the players I mentioned.  Remember with low Cap, salary's to FA will be lower. 👍

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/safety/

Edited by m haynes

I agree completely there, except for McCourty. Next year will be his last year though. 

You'll see Joejuan Williams and Kyle Dugger as the Safeties of the future imo.. with Devin McCourty and Adrian Phillips playing a lot with them to provide more experience. 

With regards to WR .. lots of good guys out there.. if you grab 1 legit WR you can turn around this passing game dramatically with expected offseason improvements from Meyers / Asiasi / Keene / ... Harry

4 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I agree completely there, except for McCourty. Next year will be his last year though. 

You'll see Joejuan Williams and Kyle Dugger as the Safeties of the future imo.. with Devin McCourty and Adrian Phillips playing a lot with them to provide more experience. 

With regards to WR .. lots of good guys out there.. if you grab 1 legit WR you can turn around this passing game dramatically with expected offseason improvements from Meyers / Asiasi / Keene / ... Harry

I differ with McCourty. Here's why. I see 2021 as a building year and I'd rather let him go and use the cap money. I would like a young guy that will get the experience. Trial by fire. I would draft a guy with the same profile that can play "center field" I don't see Dugger or Williams as a McCourty type. There is one good thing with the 2021 draft, it loaded at the safety position.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/analyzing-top-safety-prospects-in-2021-nfl-draft/

The two I like are -- Paris Ford, Pittsburgh, Junior (6’0″, 190 pounds)  “Ford is an elite athlete, with the best closing speed I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t do it often at PITT, but I do believe Ford has the sideline-to-sideline speed to be a dominant center-field type of safety.” ------

Andre Cisco, Syracuse, Junior (6’0″, 209 pounds)  "two seasons at Syracuse, Cisco has a jaw-dropping 12 interceptions"

PS I have no idea how much cap money we save with Mc. Pennies keep him but bring in the same type player.

Edited by m haynes

It's possible that they draft another safety.. i don't see it likely.. I think they are more likely to grab a corner with the uncertainty of Gilmore & JC Jackson ( unless JoeJuan stays at corner). 

McCourty would be over 8 million in dead cap and about 2.5 million in cap relief if they cut him..not worth imo. I'm pretty sure that extension was setup to thank him with a good deal and keep him around as a leadership Vet who can help teach the young guys. 

This team needs SOOO much help on defense that it seems unlikely they spend anything higher than a 3rd or 4th on a secondary player. 

• Like 1