The Good, the Bad the Ugly vs. the Browns of Cleveland (Post-Game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

Good:

• The RBs
    • Jacobs finally had something to work with
    • Booker needs more carries! Why are the lanes so big when he's in...
    • Richard had a couple of nice plays
  • Kwiatkoski - Seemed to be involved in most plays
  • Hankins - Just does his job
  • Ferrell, Nassib - Looked active when controlling the run and had some slight pressures 
  • Abram - business as usual
  • Carr - Did enough for the win / using his legs
  • Denzelle Good as depth

Bad:

• Carr missed a few opportunities 
  • Waller drop
  • Despite Witten having a good day I don't see why Moreau isn't the No2 TE... Flashed good hands last year and I've seen Witten struggle when blocking
  • Crosby's contain, him and Ferrell need to swap sides... 

Ugly:

• No excuse for Ruggs not getting the foot down much sooner... 
  • Not being able to get the TD from 3 plays on the GL
  • Sam Young 
  • Littleton - just not having an impact / bailed out by the drops
  • Collins - should be falling down the depth chart

Unknown:

• Brandon Parker... run heavy day and didn't pay enough attention :| 
  • PG's change in the game plan... was it weather dependant 
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

You do this same thing with Carr and the "Beta Male" crap.

And now you're doing it with Brown and this "lack of passion".

Are you Sam Harris or Jordan Peterson? Or some other world renowned psychologist that can evaluate personality traits with such limited exposure, yet spout off with so much certainty?

Stop projecting you're own personality flaws on others you passionless beta male.

This is an official WARNING. If you keep this up, I'm going to PM webby. If you guys won't listen to me, I will take action. I'm tired of playing babysitter.

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This is an official WARNING. If you keep this up, I'm going to PM webby. If you guys won't listen to me, I will take action. I'm tired of playing babysitter.

Ok Chairman Xi

I can't call people out on their BS? What is this Communist China...

I am so sorry Mr Zuckerburg please don't ban me. I WOULD HATE to have to create a new name.

Get off your high horse Jack Dorsey.

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Ok Chairman Xi

I can't call people out on their BS? What is this Communist China...

I am so sorry Mr Zuckerburg please don't ban me. I WOULD HATE to have to create a new name.

Get off your high horse Jack Dorsey.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/
There are rules to post on this site and you agree to follow them or not be on the site. It isn't some crusade for free speech to attack someone on the internet.

• Like 3

The Good

Toughing out a win away from home in bad weather.

The running game was excellent, they knew what was coming but still couldn't stop it.

OL had their best game of the season, interior OL was great and Parker was even looking ok.

Carr managed the game very well, loved the way he used his legs too.

Kwiatkoski has made a big difference on D, played really well again.

Liked the variety in blitzes and dropping linemen in zone at times but we still need to generate more pressure.

Limited penalties and controlled the clock superbly in the 2nd half.

The Bad

Still no sacks and very little pressure.

Littleton was poor and saved a couple times by drops.

D is still bad, this game will make the stats look much better but the weather was our best defender in reality.

Refs getting 3 big calls wrong I thought, especially the reviewed Ruggs catch - how can you get that wrong with definitive video evidence?!?! I think Jacobs clearly got in on 2nd and goal and the Renfrow TD should probably have been incomplete. 

The Ugly

Collins should be sat on the bench now, bring Irving, Vickers and Smith in to take his snaps, he has offered nothing.

The Brown incident sounds bad, just shouldn't happen. I'm giving him benefit of the doubt moving forward but a short leash if I'm the front office.

• Like 1

Just re-watched the game and a few more observations:

Miller Does pretty well but could do with some help on inside moves...

Good Solid player just needs to help Miller more

Gabe

• Got overpowered and bull-rushed into Carr's face a few times
  • Several runs for no game came from him abandoning a double for the second-level without actually impacting the double
  • Loses balance and stumbles forward more that others when run blocking
  • Did best when pulling

Young It's pretty easy to see why he was bull-rushed over and over with how far back he was leaning...

Parker 

• Got stuck in on the run game.
  • Unfortunately I didn't see him go against anyone other than Porter Gustin (think it was him) and he didn't really try anything fancy. 

Witten whiffs every pull block... 

I thought Ingold was supposed to be a mean lead blocker... for the most part he either didn't block anyone or just broke down and met them instead of knocking them back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I also didn’t notice Parker being completely useless on the field so that’s a plus. Maybe Turing a page on his career. And far more reliable than Sam Young who can’t seem to play more than 1 qtr of football. 

Would say a lot about Cable if he can get Parker right

9 hours ago, Ryno said:

Unknown:

• Brandon Parker... run heavy day and didn't pay enough attention :| 
  • PG's change in the game plan... was it weather dependant 

Defensively I think it really helped us with the weather conditions, however, we did stop the run pretty well and we've been decent to good at that this year and we did drop linemen into zone coverages whilst blitzing so that is a change up at least. I don't know the exact numbers but we did seem to blitz more and Abram seemed more used as a blitzer, something he us effective at.

I didn't really see much else that changed drastically after the promise of it in the week, we weren't terrible but we still had no pass rush. Obviously the stats will look much better overall after this week but I hope we dont just see that and think the defense is not a huge problem.

• Like 1