Official FF BSET - Friends vs Twilight Zone

Deadpulse

Round 1 - Section 1  

28 members have voted

1. 1. 24th seed vs 41st seed

• The Twilight Zone (41)
    • Friends (24)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:00 PM

In this thread we will be breaking down match ups one by one as we endeavor to crown a champion from a field of 64 shows. 

Google Doc with full bracket can be seen here

This poll will be open until Tuesday, 11/03/2020, at 4pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky  @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel  @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested  @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick @THE DUKE @INbengalfan @biggio7 @RandyMossIsBoss @Shockwave @Tk3 @James @JBURGE @TheKillerNacho

Just now, Daniel said:

I hate Friends. I actually think it doesn’t deserve all of the hate it gets, but it’s a bland *** show.

It's definitely a basic show, but no more basic than Office or Parks and Rec. I actually didn't know there was widespread Friends hate.

idk the age brackets of our voters, but my generation seems to universally choose it as their nostalgia show over peers like Seinfeld or anything else from that era

35 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

WOW I am surprised by the early vote

Friends is probably a final 4 show for me and I assumed it was going to be considered underseeded at 24

To lose in an upset is very surprising for me

I have a feeling it will even up. It's not 24th seed because of the posters who are in here right away casting votes. It will get it's silent votes much like Big Bang theory did IMO

My wife absolutely loves Friends and it's her go to show to have on while working because she doesn't have to pay attention to enjoy it so I still see it pretty regularly.  Like it or not, it has a lot of fairly funny episodes.   Funny enough, a lot of the hate it gets nowadays is because it isn't PC enough.

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I have a feeling it will even up. It's not 24th seed because of the posters who are in here right away casting votes. It will get it's silent votes much like Big Bang theory did IMO

Yeah, if Twilight Zone wins, it’s because of hate voters like me. Friends is popular enough that that probably won’t happen.

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Before I voted I was expecting Friends to be way ahead... I don't hate Friends, it was fine. The Twilight Zone was just way better, that show was ahead of it's time. 

I agree it was way ahead of it's time, but I also never particularly enjoyed most of them that I ever saw.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree it was way ahead of it's time, but I also never particularly enjoyed most of them that I ever saw.

Same, a lot of duds in that library. I feel like it gets a ton of credit, deservedly so, for innovating the premise and giving creatives chances they otherwise wouldnt have gotten.