Week 8.5 - Green Bay @ San Francisco

incognito_man

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  I have tomorrow night off.  And I want to see Pettine's defense give up 30 while we score 31 so he gets fired. 

literally, the universe is conspiring to force Pettine to play the run so we fire him!

Mohammad: "I'll give them 12 personnel every play"

Pettine: "Nickel, fellas!"

Jesus: "hold my beer" - starts a global pandemic to get the 49ers crippled at WR so they can literally field only one.

MLFer: Fired.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

literally, the universe is conspiring to force Pettine to play the run so we fire him!

Jesus: "hold my beer" - starts a global pandemic to get the 49ers crippled at WR so they can literally field only one.

Just wait until the rematch and Cthulu gets involved. 

• Like 1

It's one positive test per team. No reason to postpone the game when we've only seen a spread with a single team this year and that team held secret practices while their facility was shutdown. This is sports during the pandemic.

Plus we're in Cali already, our guys are quarantined in a hotel until they play, you really want them sitting around for a few days? They'll be risking injury for sure in that case.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cirumstances aside......I'll take the W.
At the end of the season the amount of W's is all that matters.
Now....lets go get it.

I wish I was as confident as you.

Shanny has Pettine and MLF’s number, personnel shouldn’t change that. He’s going to run the ball and he’s going to have success. If the Packers can’t stop the run it’s going to be a long night. I’m not chalking up the W and I really hope the players are not either or they will get rolled and embarrassed on national TV. This has trap game written all over it. 

22 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

I wish I was as confident as you. Shanny has Pettine and MLF’s number, personnel shouldn’t change that. He’s going to run the ball and he’s going to have success. If the Packers can’t stop the run it’s going to be a long night. I’m not chalking up the W and I really hope the players are not either or they will get rolled and embarrassed on national TV. This has trap game written all over it. 

Well.....I'm allowing we could lose....but we certainly shouldnt.....and I think the egg we just laid could serve as a wake up call the need to step it up - on the players side. Scheme discussions not-with-standing.....the players played like ****

So....lets not play like that on Thursday and we should win.

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

He played ~50% base during the Minnesota game.  DEs couldn't hold their gaps as if their paycheck depended on it.

I'm onboard (I think) for moving on from Pettine.  But, it doesn't matter how good the schemer is if the dline is as bad as GB's.