Steelers trade for Avery Williamson

August4th

depth move as wwhickok says and it might help. I am more concerned if say Buggs gets hurt AND Alualu is out, then what?  

does this trade affect the playing time for Spillane ?  It better not, he is all over the field, a starter for sure

Edited by 3rivers

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

depth move as wwhickok says and it might help. I am more concerned if say Buggs gets hurt AND Alualu is out, then what?  

does this trade affect the playing time for Spillane ?  It better not, he is all over the field, a starter for sure

If Spillane keeps playing like he does I think we'll basically just have a nice 3 deep group where we can play around based on matchups and situations.

15 minutes ago, rackcs said:

If Spillane keeps playing like he does I think we'll basically just have a nice 3 deep group where we can play around based on matchups and situations.

I like this idea, and in case of injury - no drop off at all. Good trade then, as long as Spillane keeps playing, thats a must. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I like this idea, and in case of injury - no drop off at all. Good trade then, as long as Spillane keeps playing, thats a must. 

Agreed, I really wasn't expecting much from him other than being a good run stopper but he was honestly making plays out there and had showed some decent coverage potential as well. Excited to see him going forward.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Agreed, I really wasn't expecting much from him other than being a good run stopper but he was honestly making plays out there and had showed some decent coverage potential as well. Excited to see him going forward.

that pass he broke up was a great play, one of my top plays from the game actually. 

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Williamson is a free agent after the season, so this is kind of just a rental.

Quality trade though.   We needed depth.

I doubt they feel comfortable with gilbert or Allen being the 3rd backer on the inside the rest of the year. Cheap quality guy to give bince and spillane a breather if need be or god forbid either go down for extended time 

• Like 1