Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

1 hour ago, coors said:

Is Rondo an answer?

In my opinion, no. However, I'm probably a bit more pessimistic on the fit than other fans of the team. I think the team should largely be improved with an offseason to gel, but at the same time a good portion of the West also got better. So, it's going to be a fight to make the playoffs this year. I think we're good enough to sneak in, at least on talent alone. However, we'll have to wait until the season to see how all the pieces actually fit together.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

In my opinion, no. However, I'm probably a bit more pessimistic on the fit than other fans of the team. I think the team should largely be improved with an offseason to gel, but at the same time a good portion of the West also got better. So, it's going to be a fight to make the playoffs this year. I think we're good enough to sneak in, at least on talent alone. However, we'll have to wait until the season to see how all the pieces actually fit together.

How long till Rondo and Cousins get into a scuffle? 

On 7/21/2017 at 3:10 PM, coors said:

How long till Rondo and Cousins get into a scuffle? 

Never, they're great friends. I think Rondo is a good, not amazing, fit. He's everything we need except a shooter. Yes, shooting is obviously important, but talent > shooting. I also don't think we'll be nearly as bad a shooting team as everyone thinks. 19th last year with only half a season of Boogie, no Pondexter, and very little Crawford. Yes we also lost Buddy and Langston so I think we'll be around the same. A pretty average to slightly below average shooting team. Not BAD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Assuming we bring back cunningham

Rondo / Jrue / Clark / Crawford

Jrue / Moore / Clark / Crawford

Hill / Moore / Miller / Cunningham / QPon?

AD / Cunningham / Hill / Diallo

Boogie / AD / Diallo / Ajinca / Asik

Like that we can stagger and have Jrue/Rondo + Boogie/AD on the court at all times. Our depth is solid

I think we make the playoffs but could see us finish anywhere from 5th to 11th

Edited by amac

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, amac said:

Hill tore his hamstring and could miss most of the season.  can never catch a break w/ the injuries

Not that I would ever root for injuries or anything, but I'm low key excited about this development. Defense aside, and even that was lacking, I didn't think Hill was a great fit alongside the other starters. If Pondexter is healthy, think he's a much better fit. Hell, even Miller should be a better fit with his shooting ability. Will be curious to see who ends up being the starter.

Should note, if Miller ends up being the starter, that will make 4 out of the 5 starters Kentucky Wildcats. xD