Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

Ball / Jackson

Jrue / Moore

Ingram

Zion

X

Spacing is gonna be a problem if we keep Lonzo, unless Ingram develops as a shooter. Sounds like Griffin pulled off a great trade considering the circumstances though.

I’m curious to see if we keep Ball since reportedly Gentry is a fan and Rondo-Jrue worked well

3 hours ago, amac said:

Ball / Jackson

Jrue / Moore

Ingram

Zion

X

Spacing is gonna be a problem if we keep Lonzo, unless Ingram develops as a shooter. Sounds like Griffin pulled off a great trade considering the circumstances though.

I’m curious to see if we keep Ball since reportedly Gentry is a fan and Rondo-Jrue worked well

What are your thoughts on them shopping #4?  Do you think they’re looking to trade down, or swap the pick for a veteran, perhaps a Center?

13 hours ago, amac said:

Ball / Jackson

Jrue / Moore

Ingram

Zion

X

Maybe Ball works on his 3pt shot. Shot 32% last year. If he gets up to 35-36% that would be huge

Ball shot 33% on 5 attempts a game. There's still hope. 

If we take Culver (which I think we will and should) we really need to package some pieces into a shooter or hope for the development of the guys we already have to become better shooters. If they decide to take Hunter though at least they'll have a guy who can shoot.

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What are your thoughts on them shopping #4?  Do you think they’re looking to trade down, or swap the pick for a veteran, perhaps a Center?

I think we’re open to all the above, as there doesn’t appear to be anyone who jumps off the page as a must have at #4

IMO, The Pelicans should trade Holiday for as many future assets as they can. Sucking for a year will set this team up to be potentially incredible down the line. See what Ball, Ingram and Zion can do and plan for the future. They should be in no rush to win soon. I think they should keep #4, but if they trade it, it should be for picks this year and future picks. Not vet players, imo. A trade for #6 and future picks would be ideal.

1 hour ago, kempus said:

IMO, The Pelicans should trade Holiday for as many future assets as they can. Sucking for a year will set this team up to be potentially incredible down the line. See what Ball, Ingram and Zion can do and plan for the future. They should be in no rush to win soon. I think they should keep #4, but if they trade it, it should be for picks this year and future picks. Not vet players, imo. A trade for #6 and future picks would be ideal.

I don't think they will suck either way. Zion is too good.

14 minutes ago, kempus said:

Perhaps, I think the Pelicans should be prepared and want another year at the top of the lottery though.

Best case would be that and have a model like the Thunder did. Pick at #1, #4 and high draft pick next year. Hit on those and they look good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Best case would be that and have a model like the Thunder did. Pick at #1, #4 and high draft pick next year. Hit on those and they look good.

You're right. Building like the Thunder is best case scenario. 

Idk, I feel Holiday is the ideal vet to have with a team full of young guys. Plus he's a pretty great fit beside Lonzo, Zion and BI.

Unless he wants to leave, I'd keep him for this upcoming season. Maybe I'd look into it next offseason, after a year with the young guys and on the last year of his contract.

I think my ideal outcome is getting Myles Turner and a future first first for #4. People keep bringing up guys like Aaron Gordon and KLove but I’d rather have an actual rim protector and roll with Zion/Ingram as small ball bigs