Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

• 2 weeks later...

Lonzo, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Favors

Frank, Reddick, Moore, Hart, NAW, Melli, Hayes, Okafor

Logjam going on in the backcourt but wow we got a nice team with a ton of potential on it. If even a couple of young, potential laden guys work out on this team we're gonna be nasty.

I saw a projected lineup that has Lonzo coming off the bench and Holiday/Redick as the two starting guards.  It's going to be hilarious when Lavar Ball is consistently trashing the Pelicans and their coaching staff if Lonzo does come off the bench lol

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I saw a projected lineup that has Lonzo coming off the bench and Holiday/Redick as the two starting guards.  It's going to be hilarious when Lavar Ball is consistently trashing the Pelicans and their coaching staff if Lonzo does come off the bench lol

I could see that going either way, I lean towards Lonzo ending up the starter, but I think all 3 of them are going to get a ton of minutes. Might not be much PT left for Josh Hart though.

Moore has to be on the way out. He's too good for the small role he'd now probably play

8 minutes ago, amac said:

I could see that going either way, I lean towards Lonzo ending up the starter, but I think all 3 of them are going to get a ton of minutes. Might not be much PT left for Josh Hart though.

Moore has to be on the way out. He's too good for the small role he'd now probably play

I love Lonzo more than most people, but Holiday is better than him.  When they acquired Redick, it makes sense for him to be a starter because of his shooting.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

I love Lonzo more than most people, but Holiday is better than him.  When they acquired Redick, it makes sense for him to be a starter because of his shooting.

Yeah but Holiday has generally been at his best next to a more traditional PG. Given how highly Gentry supposedly thinks of him I think Ball starts and JJ is the 6th man

9 minutes ago, amac said:

Yeah but Holiday has generally been at his best next to a more traditional PG. Given how highly Gentry supposedly thinks of him I think Ball starts and JJ is the 6th man

You could ship Favors and Redick midseason to the Warriors for DLo.  

3 hours ago, amac said:

That's a fair point.  I hope that's what happens because I really want to see a Lonzo and Holiday back court.  That's the best defensive back court in basketball.

1 hour ago, Breesus mode said:

Mmmmmmmmm,  nah.

Why not?  Redick is 35 and the Pelicans are clearly a team that's built for the future. Russell is a really good player and is just turned 23.  Honestly, scoring for the Pelicans might be tough.  It's hard to say how Zion will transition to the league, especially over the next two years.  He really needs to work on his jumper big time.  Lonzo can't really score very much.  Favors is a really good player, but he's essentially a 10 PPG guy. 

Russell would probably be the best scorer on that team along with Ingram.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Why not?  Redick is 35 and the Pelicans are clearly a team that's built for the future. Russell is a really good player and is just turned 23.  Honestly, scoring for the Pelicans might be tough.  It's hard to say how Zion will transition to the league, especially over the next two years.  He really needs to work on his jumper big time.  Lonzo can't really score very much.  Favors is a really good player, but he's essentially a 10 PPG guy. 

Russell would probably be the best scorer on that team along with Ingram.

Don’t like the fit or contract. We have enough scoring anyway, we really need shooting.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Obligatory lol preseason but

Zion looks great. Lonzo's shot looks improved. Bench mob looking nasty, especially NAW. Hype hype

watching the Pels so far this preseason. Question. How do the Pels split time at the 2 guard spot. Holiday starts, Reddick, Hart and a very impressive rookie in NAW. someone has to go.. or everyone is going to be out of rhythm.

As I mentioned with Boston last season, having too many ball needy players makes for everyone playing less efficient. 

Zion has looked superb in preseason. Hard to look better. Yet preseason defense is non existent. 

Edited by resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

watching the Pels so far this preseason. Question. How do the Pels split time at the 2 guard spot. Holiday starts, Reddick, Hart and a very impressive rookie in NAW. someone has to go.. or everyone is going to be out of rhythm.

As I mentioned with Boston last season, having too many ball needy players makes for everyone playing less efficient. 

Zion has looked superb in preseason. Hard to look better. Yet preseason defense is non existent. 

Jrue can play PG when Lonzo is on the bench, typically with Reddick 

Full bench squad would have Frank Jackson and NAW

Hart will probably just have normal rotational minutes

We will also probably run a lot of 3 guard looks as our wing options are few and far in between after BI

20 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

We have a lot of clutter on the wing. Everyone forgets about Etwaun Moore whose better than Hart. I think either Moore or Hart gets traded, maybe Redick if we fall out of the playoff hunt.