Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

It's good that both Lonzo and BI can shoot the 3 now, makes their fits around Zion much better (especially BI, Lonzo already fit fine with him). Looking like it's going to be a super easy decision to max him this offseason, and we'll likely get a high lotto pick.

Hope we can re-sign Jah this offseason, man keeps getting better for us.

6 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

It's good that both Lonzo and BI can shoot the 3 now, makes their fits around Zion much better (especially BI, Lonzo already fit fine with him). Looking like it's going to be a super easy decision to max him this offseason, and we'll likely get a high lotto pick.

Hope we can re-sign Jah this offseason, man keeps getting better for us.

Ingram has been so much better than I thought he would/could be. Getting away from Lebron has done wonders for him.

Is it just me or does Lonzo not get into the paint very much for a guy whose supposed to be a floor general? I think he’s been a solid all around player and he’s great in transition but it’s hard to see him being an upper echelon PG without that skill given that he isn’t a scorer. 

18 minutes ago, amac said:

Is it just me or does Lonzo not get into the paint very much for a guy whose supposed to be a floor general? I think he’s been a solid all around player and he’s great in transition but it’s hard to see him being an upper echelon PG without that skill given that he isn’t a scorer. 

Besides his shot, that's been one of the main criticism so far in his career. He doesn't penetrate the lane enough and he's a pretty poor finisher when he does get there.

He needs to develop a floater badly. It would do wonders for him.

1 hour ago, amac said:

He sucks at finishing and shooting FTs.

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Besides his shot, that's been one of the main criticism so far in his career. He doesn't penetrate the lane enough and he's a pretty poor finisher when he does get there.

He needs to develop a floater badly. It would do wonders for him.

His shot has looked a lot better so far this season, but he's still not capable enough at the rim. As he is currently playing, he is definitely a good player and positive impact on the team, but man, if he really wants to be a great player then he needs to develop that part of his game like he has been with his shot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

His shot has looked a lot better so far this season, but he's still not capable enough at the rim. As he is currently playing, he is definitely a good player and positive impact on the team, but man, if he really wants to be a great player then he needs to develop that part of his game like he has been with his shot. 

Still only 22. Plenty of time tbh

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, MookieMonstah said:

Ingram has been so much better than I thought he would/could be. Getting away from Lebron has done wonders for him.

Anyone who watched Ingram play in the second half of LeBron was when Ingram finally figured out how to play alongside him.  LeBron is one of the hardest players to play alongside, especially for a young player.  I mean, how long did it take for Chris Bosh to figure how to play alongside LeBron James?  Ingram was always a stud.  That was the only one that really hurt losing.  I mean, Josh Hart was a fantastic fit for the Lakers but Ingram was exponentially better.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I love seeing the baby Lakers succeed. Hopefully Zo's ankle holds up, BI looking nice too. Hopefully he re-ups or at least fetches something nice in a S&T. How long till Zion is back?

6-8 weeks from the original injury time, so about 4-6 weeks from now

So mid-December, give or take a week

BI will definitely be signing a max with the Pels at this rate

Edited by Spartica4Real

6 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

6-8 weeks from the original injury time, so about 4-6 weeks from now

So mid-December, give or take a week

BI will definitely be signing a max with the Pels at this rate

I can't imagine the Pelicans would let him walk, they'll match anything he gets unless him and Zion are a disaster together.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're probably a better team if Lonzo comes off the bench tbh. With Zion out you want Kenrich in there as long as he keeps it up, and with Zion back I'd rather Jrue/Ingram/Zion split PG duties and Redick in there for 3 pt shooting. Will be interesting to see how Gentry handles it as obviously he has upside to be an NBA starter but isn't an ideal fit for us.

Jrue / Lonzo / NAW

JJ / Hart / Frank

Ingram / Kenrich / Moore

Zion / (Ingram / Kenrich) / Melli

Favors / Hayes / Okafor

So many guys who should be getting minutes somewhere, but you have to narrow the rotation at some point for cohesiveness

Edited by amac

On 11/20/2019 at 3:17 PM, amac said:

I think we're probably a better team if Lonzo comes off the bench tbh. With Zion out you want Kenrich in there as long as he keeps it up, and with Zion back I'd rather Jrue/Ingram/Zion split PG duties and Redick in there for 3 pt shooting. Will be interesting to see how Gentry handles it as obviously he has upside to be an NBA starter but isn't an ideal fit for us.

Jrue / Lonzo / NAW

JJ / Hart / Frank

Ingram / Kenrich / Moore

Favors / Hayes / Okafor

So many guys who should be getting minutes somewhere, but you have to narrow the rotation at some point for cohesiveness

It's clear Lonzo worked on his shot a lot this summer, and it's so much better. Doesn't look like he improved anything else though. Still too passive to attack, still weak handles. His defense also regressed a lot actually, but it's too early in the season to take too much stock in his defensive numbers. 

Since he did prove he could improve his shot, I hope he works hard on his driving game and being more aggressive. We need that for him to fit in this team properly. 

Still, worst case scenario where he doesn't work out for us, we still got an absolute stud and future superstar out of that trade in BI. So still a win, I just hope Lonzo can get up to snuff too. 

Also got the pick which we used to trade back for Jax too and... man already looks great and like a future star. Numbers back it up too. https://pelicandebrief.com/2019/11/21/three-reasons-excited-jaxson-hayes/

On 11/20/2019 at 5:17 PM, amac said:

Jrue / Lonzo / NAW

JJ / Hart / Frank

Ingram / Kenrich / Moore

Favors / Hayes / Okafor

Mostly agree with this, but I'm all in on the youth movement. I would prefer:

Jrue/Lonzo/Frank
JJ/Hart/Moore
Ingram/Kenrich/NAW
Zion/Melli
Hayes/Favors/Okafor

Love how the team is starting to come together, but I'm really curious to see how they divide up touches/shots upon Zion's return. I figure the bulk of touches/shots will be taken from Holiday and JJ, but will be real interesting to see how well Ingram and Zion share the floor together.