Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

31 minutes ago, amac said:

That Kings game was a letdown, but like how the pieces are falling into place lately. Jrue + Rondo have been great, Miller and Moore have been really good in their roles.

If everyone starts firing on all cylinders at once we could be a pretty scary team

If only we could keep leads more often....

• 2 weeks later...

any pelicans fan live in NO?  I'm going to the game on Jan 26th and have an extra ticket to sale.  I accidently bought it on stub hub when I was trying to buy a ticket behind the rockets bench . The map on stub hub threw me off.  I bought it for 80 and I'll sell it for 40 if you want it or know someone who wants it.  Its in section 103 Row 16.  

@NS922@Spartica4Real @amac @RavensTillIDie

Edited by Texansfan713

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, NS922 said:

2-0 going home! I don't even care about the next series, I just want to see this team win a series at all. It would be a great step forward for our franchise.

Agreed. Of course I'd love to push a banged up Warriors to the brink, but I just want to win this series and have Boogie come back. These two things happen and this franchise is a joke no longer. It would also make you feel good about your chances of signing AD with everyone else locked up long term.

I actually had us winning this series (part homerism, part matchup) but I could have never imagined winning both road games to start. We've been pretty good on the road this year, but still, Portland is one of the best HCA's in the NBA. And we shut that crowd the hell up. Couldn't be more excited. 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:33 AM, resilient part 2 said:

At minimum this should help attract FAs besides Cousins down the road as they seem to have a legit future with AD being a Mega-star

The issue is we have no cap. I think we'll be good and competitive in these next few years, re-sign Boogie, and hopefully still be good enough to re-sign AD, but we'd have to make a lot of moves to have the cap for a max. If we ever have enough assets to trade for a guy though I think it'll be much easier to convince guys to re-sign (like AD or anyone we trade for). 

• 2 months later...

Signed Elfrid Payton to a 1 year deal, like it as a backup to Rondo. 

Have also seen us linked to Monroe, Tyreke, Hood, and Bazemore. Dont see a massive need for Monroe but for the right price sure. Not sure about the fit of Tyreke 

19 minutes ago, amac said:

Have also seen us linked to Monroe, Tyreke, Hood, and Bazemore. Dont see a massive need for Monroe but for the right price sure. Not sure about the fit of Tyreke 

What would you be willing to do S&T wise for Hood?

In your opinions, would you give up a pick or two if the Cavs took back Solomon Hill's contract?

20 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

What would you be willing to do S&T wise for Hood?

In your opinions, would you give up a pick or two if the Cavs took back Solomon Hill's contract?

Depends on the pick I guess but generally that sounds like something we’d do in a heartbeat 

1 hour ago, amac said:

It ain't a backup for Rondo, Rondo signed with the Lakers. Either Jrue is going back to PG or Elfrid is starting, and I'm not really too fond of either of those ideas. 

Trying to think of our depth chart this year, with the roster we currently have. This FA has killed a lot of my already waning interest in the NBA as a whole but I still like the Pels darnit. I imagine Jrue will go back to PG with no Rondo, because I don't really like Payton starting.. at all.

PG: Jrue Holiday / Elfrid Payton / Frank Jackson

SG: E'Twaun Moore / Tony Carr? / Jrue can play SG with Elfrid off the bench too

SF: Solomon Hill / Darius Miller/ Niko will probably play SF in very few lineups where we go big

PF: Nikola Mirotic / Julius Randle (doesn't matter which one starts and which one comes off the bench, they'll both get the same minutes. I just put Niko first because M comes before R alphabetically lol, I imagine Randle will probably start though and Niko will go for 6MOY)

C: Anthony Davis / Julius Randle / Cheick Diallo

While this'll be a boring Warriors dominated year again for the NBA, it's important for the Pels. Gotta have a good year and have AD sign a supermax extension in the offseason. With no Boogie our cap space is a lot better too. Next offseason will be make or break for the AD era, either he commits and we have cap to get another big FA, or he doesn't commit and probably leaves. 

Edited by Spartica4Real

I think we have to get a 3rd star to keep AD/ ever resemble being a contender. Can’t help but wonder what could’ve been if Boogie didn’t get hurt. In an alt universe we probably continue on a tear and resign him to a max deal.

I wouldn’t be that surprised if Payton can hold up as a 25 mpg starter. Like Rondo I think he’s a horrible fit for some teams but we don’t have a ball dominant perimeter player and really just need him to get into the lane and facilitate.