Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ingram has the same blood clot that ended Bosh's career. Kuzma is a good role player, Ball has upside but he's not worth the headache. #4 pick is nice obviously.

Tatum is the best piece in any package, Grizzlies future unprotected pick is a nice asset. Marcus Smart is also a good piece we'd need to include, and they probably get Rob Williams too. I was just listing the prize pieces in the deal.

No.  Ingram's blood clot issue was a structural issue, or at least that's what we've been told.  Assuming your team doctor's clear him, he's closer to Jayson Tatum in terms of value than you care to admit.  And the Lakers' #4 pick right now is significantly more valuable than the Grizz pick.

Doesn't matter what he wants really, the Pelicans owner basically told LA to piss off. The Lakers deal isn't better. Ingram is worth literally 0 right now.

You're completely off again.  If you believe the rumors, it was Dell Demps and Danny Ferry who refused to negotiate with the Lakers.  Anthony Davis was reportedly very close to Gayle Benson's husband.

It'd be Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick. Hell take #14, I dont care.

That's not very good, especially if you've soured on Tatum.  If you want AD, it's going to take Tatum, Brown, and at least 2 picks.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That's not very good, especially if you've soured on Tatum.  If you want AD, it's going to take Tatum, Brown, and at least 2 picks.

That's what I'm thinking as well.  Tatum and Brown have to be included.  The problem with that is, the team becomes MUCH less talented and good without Kyrie, Tatum and Brown.  Davis going to Boston under those conditions would be horrendous and he's not going to re-sign.

Assuming Kyrie walks, the Celtics should just keep the team they have right now and continue to improve them via the draft and FA in the future. 

Just now, showtime said:

That's what I'm thinking as well.  Tatum and Brown have to be included.  The problem with that is, the team becomes MUCH less talented and good without Kyrie, Tatum and Brown.  Davis going to Boston under those conditions would be horrendous and he's not going to re-sign.

Assuming Kyrie walks, the Celtics should just keep the team they have right now and continue to improve them via the draft and FA in the future. 

It keeps going back to that Catch-22 with Boston.  Ainge isn't dealing from their treasure trove of assets without some sort of assurance from Kyrie that he's re-signing with him.  Kyrie isn't sticking around unless there's some drastic change.  If Kyrie is willing to take that leap of faith with Boston, Ainge will pony up for Anthony Davis IMO.  But Ainge opening up the asset purse for Anthony Davis without Kyrie isn't happening.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It keeps going back to that Catch-22 with Boston.  Ainge isn't dealing from their treasure trove of assets without some sort of assurance from Kyrie that he's re-signing with him.  Kyrie isn't sticking around unless there's some drastic change.  If Kyrie is willing to take that leap of faith with Boston, Ainge will pony up for Anthony Davis IMO.  But Ainge opening up the asset purse for Anthony Davis without Kyrie isn't happening.

I agree.  Kyrie Irving, the same person a large percentage of Boston fans threw under the bus for this season, is going to be the key to acquiring Anthony Davis. 

Besides Boston and the Lakers, who else would be interested in acquiring for Davis that could beat the Lakers deal and potentially a place where Davis feels he could win?

@seminoles1 mentioned the Blazers in a different thread.  A deal involving McCollum + other pieces.  That could be interesting to look out for.

Just now, showtime said:

I agree.  Kyrie Irving, the same person a large percentage of Boston fans threw under the bus for this season, is going to be the key to acquiring Anthony Davis. 

Besides Boston and the Lakers, who else would be interested in acquiring for Davis that could beat the Lakers deal and potentially a place where Davis feels he could win?

@seminoles1 mentioned the Blazers.  A deal involving McCollum + other pieces.  That could be interesting to look out for.

I have 0 expectations that Boston is resigning with Boston.  I think it's one of the NY teams (either NY or Brooklyn) or the Lakers.  I'm struggling to find that team whose willing to gamble on Anthony Davis.  Portland made it to the WCF returning mostly their team from last year, although Nurkic is out for the year.  Given Golden State's success with Curry/Klay and their success this year, I don't think they're going to be pushing to break up their Lillard/McCollum backcourt.  Denver seems like the biggest wild card, although I'm not sure how much an AD/Jokic duo works especially since it depletes their backcourt in the process.  Philadelphia could make the ultimate gamble by offering up Ben Simmons.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You're completely off again.  If you believe the rumors, it was Dell Demps and Danny Ferry who refused to negotiate with the Lakers.  Anthony Davis was reportedly very close to Gayle Benson's husband.

lol Gayle Benson was literally outwardly saying the Lakers we’re trying to bully her franchise into a trade and she wasn’t having it.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

People who’ve “soured” on Tatum either didn’t watch Celtics basketball or literally don’t understand basketball.

Hes 20 years old. He’s a FAR better piece than Ingram. That’s literally a laughable statement. 

It comes down to this, do the Pelicans want quality or quantity? 

The Lakers package is the #4 pick and a bunch of role players. (Easily trumped by Knicks and Celtics package tbh)

The Celtics package is a future all star, a future lotto pick, and some role players.

The Knicks package is the #3 pick, some future picks and some role players.

LA package is a DISTANT 3rd IMO, and Woj and Shams both reported earlier in the year that Gayle didn’t have any interest in sending AD to LA.

21 minutes ago, kempus said:

^The blind bias is hilariously strong in this one xD

How? I’m spitting facts. Gayle Benson outwardly said she doesn’t want to work with LA, their package IS a distant 3rd to what NYK and BOS can offer. Tatum is the best player in any offer out of the 3. Knicks pick is better and they have way more future picks to offer. LA is offering a guy who’s ceiling is like a 3rd wheel, a guy who doesn’t want to go to New Orleans and Kyle Kuzma plus the #4 pick. 

Lakers fans are the only people who think the 3 Lakers young guys hold value. 

49 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It comes down to this, do the Pelicans want quality or quantity? 

The Lakers package is the #4 pick and a bunch of role players. (Easily trumped by Knicks and Celtics package tbh)

The Celtics package is a future all star, a future lotto pick, and some role players.

The Knicks package is the #3 pick, some future picks and some role players.

LA package is a DISTANT 3rd IMO, and Woj and Shams both reported earlier in the year that Gayle didn’t have any interest in sending AD to LA.

The Lakers package is better than the Knicks.  How is it a distant third?  The Knicks players are not as good as the Lakers players.

I think everyone agrees the Celtics can make the best package with Tatum and Brown.  The issue is, unless Kyrie comes back - Anthony Davis is not going to re-sign in Boston.