Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

22 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Well, looks like we are trading Pondexter to the Bulls for a second round pick. Assumption being the move is in order to open up the cap space to sign Cunningham?

Correct. Bummer, I wanted to see if he could show anything, just anything at all resembling his 2015 form but now we'll never know. It's worth it to keep Dante though, definitely a more important piece, especially with Solo now injured. We'll have to play him at 3 in the starting lineup. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Allen signed for the minimum. Kind of surprised at that deal from his end tbh. Doesn't help our shooting/SF ?s but still a good player and will be nice to have a grizzled vet for once.

Somebody pretty decent is gonna be the odd man out in the backcourt as we have a ton of solid bench guards.

Edited by amac

• 3 weeks later...

2 starters down before the season even starts. Worst part is that we can never get any continuity with how the team will play. Rondo comes back a month after Jrues been running the team and we'll have to change it up again and go thru growing pains. Seems like this happens every year

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, amac said:

Jameer in Crawford cut. Seems like a good fit but harsh for Crawford

Defensive identity team, Crawford plays no defense and isn't a floor general. Goes on hot and cold streaks. Love him when he's on and playing well but Jameer's a better fit. 

Edited by Spartica4Real

• 2 weeks later...

What's everyone thinking so far? @RavensTillIDie @amac @NS922 @navysaintsfan (Side note: Just realized the Pels have one of the bigger fanbases in the bball forum lol)

I think we look suuuuuuuuuper sloppy so I'll take being .500 at this point. Plenty of time to clean it up and Jameer looks like a nice fit. Jrue's been super inconsistent, he needs to figure his schit out soon. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

What's everyone thinking so far? @RavensTillIDie @amac @NS922 @navysaintsfan (Side note: Just realized the Pels have one of the bigger fanbases in the bball forum lol)

I think we look suuuuuuuuuper sloppy so I'll take being .500 at this point. Plenty of time to clean it up and Jameer looks like a nice fit. Jrue's been super inconsistent, he needs to figure his schit out soon. 

We have a big 3, it's great! And by that I mean we have 2 great players and the rest of our team put together can amount to one great player. Maybe. Ok maybe not.

• Like 2