Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

I wonder how much leash Hayes gets as we get thrashed whenever he comes in for Adams. I'm all for developing him but he looks completely lost under SVG and Hernangomez can't be that bad. Looks like he could use some reps in the G league 

Edited by amac

On 12/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, amac said:

Can’t believe David Fisher gets paid to write about the Pelicans

He’s hated Jaxson Hayes forever. He’s a decent writer but he definitely gets stuck with his evaluations of guys. The second he dislikes you nothing will change his stance and his weird obsession with Nance is very confusing. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Lonzo- Bledsoe back court is not gonna work. Will be interesting to see what direction we go with Lonzo struggling. If either NAW or Kira step up with their minutes I could easily see him being moved. I love his defense but otherwise he’s just not brining much to the table, and I think his flaws are compounded by our game plan/roster (slow half court offense, lack of shooters). But I could see a world where we are really good if either JJ or NAW steps up as starting SG.

11 hours ago, amac said:

The Lonzo- Bledsoe back court is not gonna work. Will be interesting to see what direction we go with Lonzo struggling. If either NAW or Kira step up with their minutes I could easily see him being moved. I love his defense but otherwise he’s just not brining much to the table, and I think his flaws are compounded by our game plan/roster (slow half court offense, lack of shooters). But I could see a world where we are really good if either JJ or NAW steps up as starting SG.

Somebody please rid us of Bledsoe.

This team is getting hard to watch. We need a point guard, a couple shooters and an extra 3/4 badly. Adams is great but it’s still looking hard to justify giving up assets for a non shooting big man to start next to Zion. Not writing him off yet but SVG has been pretty trash so far. Defense is supposed to stop easy inside scoring at all costs and lately we can’t even do that. The total lack of creation and threat from other players is forcing Ingram into a role that he’s going to struggle in.

Too early rn but If this keeps up you have to move Bledsoe and Lonzo and let Kira and NAW go through their growing pains.

Edited by amac

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, amac said:

Kira looks great. NAW would be a 2 way stud if he could hit shots with any consistency. Everything is there but the finishing

Still unsure on NAW but I'm being sold on Kira, he looks good in what action he gets. Zion becoming a big playmaker, Lonzo hitting his 3s again. Team looks good.

I’m pretty stoked about the core of this team. Just need to get a lot better defensively. Hope Griffin doesn’t rush things. I’d like to see Bledsoe moved and Kira given the reins at some point. I’m fine with getting another good lottery pick this year

3 hours ago, amac said:

I’m pretty stoked about the core of this team. Just need to get a lot better defensively. Hope Griffin doesn’t rush things. I’d like to see Bledsoe moved and Kira given the reins at some point. I’m fine with getting another good lottery pick this year

Trade Lonzo to Chicago for some draft assets and pray you can land Jalen Suggs in the lottery next year.

• 2 weeks later...

You cant lose Lonzo, if he continues to play like this he's a perfect fit with Ingram/Zion. All the Pelicans need at this point is 3/D guys around the big two. Myles Turner would be a good fit but he's too expensive for what he offers, you really just need Hayes to develop a 3 and improve his defense.

23 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Lonzo keeps playing like this and the Pels straight up have a big 3 for the future

Need to get rid of Bledsoe and get some defense on this team. Offense isn't the problem even with the Zion/Adams frontcourt. 

Bledsoe has to go. Hayes looked really good last night which is promising, big step for him will be developing a 3.