Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

On 3/4/2021 at 1:16 PM, MookieMonstah said:

All the Pelicans need at this point is 3/D guys around the big two. Myles Turner would be a good fit but he's too expensive for what he offers, you really just need Hayes to develop a 3 and improve his defense.

I don’t think you just assume he’s going to develop a 3 since he hasn’t even flashed much of a jumper. I’d go get someone that can and if he does develop range down the line great. Dude is still extremely young and raw, no need to depend on him heavily

Edited by amac

7 minutes ago, amac said:

I don’t think you just assume he’s going to develop a 3 since he hasn’t even flashed much of a jumper. I’d go get someone that can and if he does develop range down the line great. Dude is still extremely young and raw, no need to depend on him heavily

He shoots well from the line, which is usually a good indicator and has flashed a mid Range shot at times. Just needs to work on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Nickeil's numbers in his handful of starts have been ridiculous. again I'll be surprised if he's not a solid-really good starting caliber player in a year or 2. Didn't expect Zion to grow this much this quick, holy hell, basically a top 10 player in the league already.

Good to see Hayes getting more confident too. 

21 hours ago, amac said:

Nickeil's numbers in his handful of starts have been ridiculous. again I'll be surprised if he's not a solid-really good starting caliber player in a year or 2. Didn't expect Zion to grow this much this quick, holy hell, basically a top 10 player in the league already.

Good to see Hayes getting more confident too. 

Once Bledsoe gets shipped out in the off season I expect him to be a full-time starter.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:04 AM, amac said:

Can’t believe David Fisher gets paid to write about the Pelicans

Was looking back through the thread and just wanna re-emphasize that this guy gets paid to write about the Pelicans 

Bill Hader Facepalm GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

• 2 weeks later...

Stoked about our core with the way some of these guys have developed over the season. (Lonzo, Kira, NAW, Ingram, Zion, Hayes). I think if we can add a good 3&D wing defender and a couple of spot up shooters next season we'd be set next.

Maybe try and get a stretch 5, and swap Bledsoe for a better stop gap PG if Kira isn't ready to start next season

Moses Moody in the draft would be fantastic. Already projects to be a good 3&D wing at the next level.

Add another good 3&D wing to replace Bledsoe and we should be good, but if we decide to move on from Steven Adams already then I would like us to make a run at Myles Turner. He can knock down the 3 (only a 34% shooter, so not great) and he plays great interior defense. 

13 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Moses Moody in the draft would be fantastic. Already projects to be a good 3&D wing at the next level.

Add another good 3&D wing to replace Bledsoe and we should be good, but if we decide to move on from Steven Adams already then I would like us to make a run at Myles Turner. He can knock down the 3 (only a 34% shooter, so not great) and he plays great interior defense. 

I think Hayes has a higher ceiling than Turner, especially as a shooter.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, MookieMonstah said:

I think Hayes has a higher ceiling than Turner, especially as a shooter.

I'm less concerned with if our center can shoot and more concerned with him being a good defender. Hayes has shown flashes of being good at both, but I think a defensive anchor at the 5 spot would do wonders for this team. Him being able to shoot is just a bonus. 

• 3 months later...

G- Graham, Sato?, Kira

G- NAW, Temple?, Didi, Herb

F- Ingram, Naji

F- Zion, Murphy

C- Jonas, Hayes

we could still use another knockdown shooter in the back court, and if we can get a starter to make Graham a 6th man that’d be nice. And another body at the 4

3 hours ago, amac said:

G- Graham, Sato?, Kira

F- Ingram, Naji

F- Zion, Murphy

C- Jonas, Hayes

we could still use another knockdown shooter in the back court, and if we can get a starter to make Graham a 6th man that’d be nice. And another body at the 4

Totally forgot that you guys drafted Herbert Jones, one of the most underrated prospects in the draft. His ceiling is limited but he can be a Torrey Craig type of player and should be ready to play from day one. Think he gets some minutes at the 3/4. Think adding another 4 with some floor stretching ability would pretty much complete your roster. Paul Millsap on the MLE would be nice, IIRC he's a Louisiana boy too. 

Ideally at some point I think you'd hope that Murphy can start and NAW can come off the bench in a scoring 6th man role. Graham fits in well as a starter because you want the ball in Zion/Ingram's hands and he can play off ball. 

3 hours ago, amac said:

G- Graham, Sato?, Kira

F- Ingram, Naji

F- Zion, Murphy

C- Jonas, Hayes

A lineup of NAW - Didi - Murphy - Ingram - Zion could be absolutely devestating defensively if the two studs bought in