Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How did Kira Lewis Jr play last season? Was one of my favorite guys during the draft process. I know I give you a ton of crap @MookieMonstah but I actually like your team. Hopefully this year you'll finally start to build some stability. 

He showed promise. Can get into the lane at will and is a pretty good passer. Definitely got starter potential

44 minutes ago, amac said:

He showed promise. Can get into the lane at will and is a pretty good passer. Definitely got starter potential

Needs to put on weight and continue working on his shot. He wasn't an awful 3pt shooter last year, but you want the guys surrounding Zion to be able to knock down catch and shoot 3s at a good rate. I agree though, he has potential.

3 hours ago, amac said:

Unless all of our young guys make big strides or Griffin has another big move up his sleeve, our depth is gonna be pretty rough

We desperately need another big behind Zion. Millsap would be PERFECT, but I think he's probably signing with a contender.

And I know I already said it in the offseason thread, but I would love Reggie Jackson on this team. It would mean Kira would barely get any minutes, but with Reggie starting and Graham being our 6th man I think we would have a great shot at the playoffs. The spacing would be greatly improved and neither are terrible defenders.  It's unlikely he signs with us since all signs point to him returning to the Clippers, but a man can dream. 

Jackson/Graham/Kira

NAW/3M3/Didi

Ingram/Naji/Temple

Zion/Millsap

JV/Hayes

Thats a solid lineup in my opinion.

Edited by JMG5

15 hours ago, amac said:

Unless all of our young guys make big strides or Griffin has another big move up his sleeve, our depth is gonna be pretty rough

I think its much improved. People are too impatient...We have a young roster, we don't need to blow everything up or completely change the roster. Let the young kids develop.

24 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

My only concern is Zion's back up at the moment. I like our team's chemistry and balance so much more than last year.

The team fits considerably better. Way better spacing, we have WAY more defensive upside on the wings. This team should compete for a 6-7 seed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think its much improved. People are too impatient...We have a young roster, we don't need to blow everything up or completely change the roster. Let the young kids develop.

Our depth has improved? In what way? As it stands we are going to pretty comfortably have one of the worst benches in the league. I like the upside of our young guys but expecting rookies and Kira Lewis to play big roles for a team wanting to make the playoffs is not a good bet.

If we had other proven talent around them on the bench it would be fine for a couple of them to get heavy minutes, but counting on all those guys is likely going to be a problem

Edited by amac

21 minutes ago, amac said:

Our depth has improved? In what way? As it stands we are going to pretty comfortably have one of the worst benches in the league. I like the upside of our young guys but expecting rookies and Kira Lewis to play big roles for a team wanting to make the playoffs is not a good bet.

If we had other proven talent around them on the bench it would be fine for a couple of them to get heavy minutes, but counting on all those guys is likely going to be a problem

Who did we lose depth wise? 

Even if you think our bench is worse, our entire roster fits together so much better. Bledsoe was a legit negative player. Adams was a terrible fit. We got two upgrades at those positions. Lonzo - Graham is a slight downgrade but they also play different positions. Young guys improving will be huge. Hayes and NAW both took huge steps last year. All I needed to see out of Didi was him dry humping Luka at half court on that one possession and I was sold.