Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

2 hours ago, amac said:

Didi is a good role player because he once dry jumped Luka in one of his 3 nba games, and Murphy is because you say so 😄 sound logic. Again its just vapid rhetoric with nothing to back it up

Or like people with basketball IQ can see the progression path of players? Didi, at the very WORST, is a good defensive guard. If you don't have confidence in Fred to get guys plus 3P shots than I don't know what to tell you dude. He fixed Ingram and Lonzo, both Zion and Hayes have shown flashes. The guy is a shooting wizard. 

47 minutes ago, amac said:

I want us to field an actual NBA caliber bench but still give the young guys chances to carve out roles for themselves, instead of just hoping that all of them are better than expected or being complete trash. Last season we got demolished the second we went to our bench, as is it’s not looking any better unless we get a surprise breakout season from a couple guys. We don’t have any proven sources of offense outside of Sato and no proven shooters. That’s not a recipe for success. You can have a little more nuance than the takes being thrown around here 

As we've seen time and time again...Bringing in a lot of veterans does nothing but keep the young guys on the bench. This was the reason SVG got fired. What a waste of a year. Imagine if Hayes, NAW, Kira and Naji all played good minutes all season? We still miss the playoffs but those guys probably see significantly more growth. Stop bringing in washed up veterans for the sake of having veterans. LET THE YOUNG BUCKS GROW!!!!

We have a huge trade exception and could still potentially roll Hield into the Bulls deal. There is still room for moves to be made and if they aren't then we will roll with the young guys and see how they've progressed. The roster isn't perfect, but it is improved from a year ago. Just have to wait and see how improved.

42 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

As we've seen time and time again...Bringing in a lot of veterans does nothing but keep the young guys on the bench. This was the reason SVG got fired. What a waste of a year. Imagine if Hayes, NAW, Kira and Naji all played good minutes all season? We still miss the playoffs but those guys probably see significantly more growth. Stop bringing in washed up veterans for the sake of having veterans. LET THE YOUNG BUCKS GROW!!!!

His refusal to bench Bledsoe pissed me off so bad.

45 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Or like people with basketball IQ can see the progression path of players? Didi, at the very WORST, is a good defensive guard. If you don't have confidence in Fred to get guys plus 3P shots than I don't know what to tell you dude. He fixed Ingram and Lonzo, both Zion and Hayes have shown flashes. The guy is a shooting wizard. 

4 hours ago, JMG5 said:

We have a huge trade exception and could still potentially roll Hield into the Bulls deal. There is still room for moves to be made and if they aren't then we will roll with the young guys and see how they've progressed. The roster isn't perfect, but it is improved from a year ago. Just have to wait and see how improved.

To add to this:

If we manage to pull off a trade for Hield and sign Millsap then I would actually be very pleased with this offseason.

Summer League means nothing, but the difference in defensive intensity is EVIDENT. Herbert Jones might end up being the best pick of the second round. Guys floor is going to be an elite defender, if he can get even a mediocre shot he will be one of the better role players in the league. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Summer League means nothing, but the difference in defensive intensity is EVIDENT. Herbert Jones might end up being the best pick of the second round. Guys floor is going to be an elite defender, if he can get even a mediocre shot he will be one of the better role players in the league. 

Herb Jones was one of the guys I wanted the Jazz to target at #30. Could become a Joe Ingles type player if his shot develops, solid playmaker, very good defender, solid shooter. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Herb Jones was one of the guys I wanted the Jazz to target at #30. Could become a Joe Ingles type player if his shot develops, solid playmaker, very good defender, solid shooter. 

Type of picks we should be making with Fred Vinson on board. Guy is an absolute guru. If Jones can be a 36-38% shooter he will be very valuable.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Willie Green is an immense upgrade over SVG

It’s obvious just based on how players are responding. I think now more than ever you have to have a coach who’s been in it. No one wants to listen to the fat balding white guy. No offense to fat balding white guys. 

• Like 1