Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, amac said:

Alvarado and Jaxson have come along nice and Herb seems to just quietly keep getting better. Excited to see what we can do if Zion ever gets healthy

Herb has been amazing. He shows flashes of Draymond Green at times. Pretty amazing for a 2nd round rookie to already be starting and cementing himself as a huge part of our future. Very excited to see him continue to grow.

6 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Herb has been amazing. He shows flashes of Draymond Green at times. Pretty amazing for a 2nd round rookie to already be starting and cementing himself as a huge part of our future. Very excited to see him continue to grow.

I think he legitimately has allstar potential.

Also I think Graham should come off the bench when we are at full strength. Him and CJ should be staggered

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That play in game might of been some of the most exciting basketball I've watched all season, across the entirety of the NBA. Love this team so much.

If they can carry that same energy with them on the road and beat the Clippers, that would just be the icing on the cake this season.

Willie Green has grown on me as a coach. I was skeptical of the hire when it was first announced, but he's been exactly what this team has needed, and he has a surprisingly good command of the team for someone so young.

I'm salivating at the thought of what this team could become next year if Zion is fully healthy and locked in. Hopefully we can trade Graham for some late round picks and open up a little bit of cap space for a possible Zion extension.

CJ/Jose/Kira
BI/Murphy/Temple
Herb/Naji
Zion/Nance
JV/Hayes/Willy

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That play in game might of been some of the most exciting basketball I've watched all season, across the entirety of the NBA. Love this team so much.

If they can carry that same energy with them on the road and beat the Clippers, that would just be the icing on the cake this season.

Willie Green has grown on me as a coach. I was skeptical of the hire when it was first announced, but he's been exactly what this team has needed, and he has a surprisingly good command of the team for someone so young.

I'm salivating at the thought of what this team could become next year if Zion is fully healthy and locked in. Hopefully we can trade Graham for some late round picks and open up a little bit of cap space for a possible Zion extension.

CJ/Jose/Kira
BI/Murphy/Temple
Herb/Naji
Zion/Nance
JV/Hayes/Willy

giphy.gif

We're in a good spot. Even though some of them like Herb are old for rookies, you'd expect all of our young guys to continue to develop. Herb, Jose, Murphy, Hayes has already made tremendous strides and he's younger than Herb. Add Zion back and we have a top 10 pick incoming thanks to the Lakers' clown show. Graham is on a very tradeable contract too, could easily pair him and the top 10 pick plus whatever else is needed to get a star or quality role player. Willie Green's got this team right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

We're in a good spot. Even though some of them like Herb are old for rookies, you'd expect all of our young guys to continue to develop. Herb, Jose, Murphy, Hayes has already made tremendous strides and he's younger than Herb. Add Zion back and we have a top 10 pick incoming thanks to the Lakers' clown show. Graham is on a very tradeable contract too, could easily pair him and the top 10 pick plus whatever else is needed to get a star or quality role player. Willie Green's got this team right.

I'm hoping we trade Graham for a good bench piece. Jose is our backup PG going forward, so we should use Graham's contract and whatever else (picks and Temple's contract if needed) to trade for a better backup SG/SF. 

CJ/Jose/Kira
BI/3&D wing
Herb/Murphy 
Zion/Hayes
JV/Nance/Willy

51 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I'm hoping we trade Graham for a good bench piece. Jose is our backup PG going forward, so we should use Graham's contract and whatever else (picks and Temple's contract if needed) to trade for a better backup SG/SF. 

CJ/Jose/Kira
BI/3&D wing
Herb/Murphy 
Zion/Hayes
JV/Nance/Willy

Seen a lot of talk about trading for OG Anunoby. To be clear, fan rumor talk not legitimate insider info. I think that would be a great fit. Obviously if a superstar comes up for trade then we have the assets to do so, but I don't think any superstars who could come up in trade talks would be a good fit. Utah might blow it up but Mitchell/CJ would get destroyed defensively and Gobert is a bad fit next to Zion offensively. If the Lakers pick moves up to the top 4 maybe we use it, but otherwise I'd definitely like to use it to get a great 3&D wing like you. 

• Like 1