Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, JMG5 said:

And with the 1st pick of the 2023 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select...

I need the Lakers to remain on this crash course. We're already so deep, its almost an issue. Dyson Daniels barely played, we have a DEEEEEEEP roster and we haven't even started to touch the Bucks treasure chest of picks.

I've been on this forum since 2012 (when it was the old site), I'm not sure all of the OGs are around anymore but if y'all are let's enjoy this one boys @JMG5 @RavensTillIDie  @amac @navysaintsfan @NS922 @Breesus mode and glad to have added you to the Pels fandom on here too @Kingram

I remember all of our discussions during the Tony era and hoping for big things, team is finally set up to do it. I'm expecting this to be a magical season. Never been more excited to be a Pels fan.

Edited by Spartica4Real
  • Like 2

This team just looks special from the way they play, to the way they interact with one another, to the way they conduct themselves in interviews. And from a pure basketball perspective, they are so incredibly deep from top to bottom. Excited to see what this season brings. If everyone, specifically Zion, can stay healthy I think we can compete with just about any team in the West.

Only thing I'm a little skeptical on was the rotation to open the season. Feel like Dyson should be playing over Graham, as I'm not a huge fan of the miniature Alavardo/Graham backcourt off the bench, but perhaps they are trying to build up Graham's trade value, which I would be okay with. And while having the option to play Nance at the 5 or 4 is nice, I hope Willy/Hayes don't languish on the bench for the entirety of this season. Think those guys can definitely contribute, especially against some of the bigger teams in the league.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

This team just looks special from the way they play, to the way they interact with one another, to the way they conduct themselves in interviews. And from a pure basketball perspective, they are so incredibly deep from top to bottom. Excited to see what this season brings. If everyone, specifically Zion, can stay healthy I think we can compete with just about any team in the West.

Only thing I'm a little skeptical on was the rotation to open the season. Feel like Dyson should be playing over Graham, as I'm not a huge fan of the miniature Alavardo/Graham backcourt off the bench, but perhaps they are trying to build up Graham's trade value, which I would be okay with. And while having the option to play Nance at the 5 or 4 is nice, I hope Willy/Hayes don't languish on the bench for the entirety of this season. Think those guys can definitely contribute, especially against some of the bigger teams in the league.

Hayes will definitely get some run time as he gets back healthy, feel like they figured out a good spot for him last year and would want to keep him developing in that role. He just can't play the 5 which is a tough fit with Zion, but he'll be good off the bench. Graham is definitely massive trade bait or salary filler if a reachable star becomes disgruntled and asks out elsewhere. He didn't get a ton of minutes so I'm not too concerned about it, I trust Willie with the rookies after how he slowly got everyone involved last year.

• Like 2

Guys, I’m going to be in this thread a bunch this year. As a Duke fan, I’ve been an “unofficial” Pels fan since the Zion/BI addition in 2019. It’s been an up and down few years but this year has a special feeling to it. The vibes have been immaculate with this squad. Just praying they can stay healthy.

5 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

Love the energy and hustle, DO /NOT love having Naji kill our franchise player

It happens, BI will be fine luckily. I'll tell you though...It's quite clear he's the best/most important player on this team. Offense stalled with him gone. Zion will be fine and he's still shaking off the rust but man...If the defense is going to give you 10 footers you have to learn to hit those consistently. 

BI is our best player now even once Zion has shaken off the rust I think. This wasn't true in 2021 when they last played together, but BI has become the main playmaker for this team and has only gotten better, most notably at defense compared to Zion still being lost out there on defense. I'd like to see more 10 footers from Zion too, with how everyone's guarding him right now he's having to force it at the rim, if he can just hit a little 10 foot jump shot regularly defenses will have to respect it more. And he definitely has the ability to hit that shot, he's not Ben Simmons.