Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Three Team Trade: Yay or Nay for the Pelicans?

Celtics: Anthony Davis, Tyus Jones

Timberwolves: E'Twaun Moore, Kings (top-1 protected)

Pelicans: Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford

Pass. If it comes to that and we deal with the Celtics I imagine we will ask for Tatum and brown, to which Ainge will say no and offer Brown + Rozier and draft picks, after which Demps should demand  a Tatum centered deal

1 hour ago, amac said:

Pass. If it comes to that and we deal with the Celtics I imagine we will ask for Tatum and brown, to which Ainge will say no and offer Brown + Rozier and draft picks, after which Demps should demand  a Tatum centered deal

I appreciated your feedback. I think if this deal were rejected or didnt pass for some reason, then Ainge could trade Tatum and the Kings pick next year along with maybe one other player like Yabusele, (just so that Randle or Mirotic could move to center and still have a PF who can play small minutes). Tatum is playing PF for the Celtics right now fwiw. Doubtful Ainge actually would trade Tatum, Brown or Rozier. At this point, i would tnimk he offers a veteran first like Kyrie or Al in a potential AD trade.

Edited by DoleINGout

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Three Team Trade: Yay or Nay for the Pelicans?

Celtics: Anthony Davis, Tyus Jones

Timberwolves: E'Twaun Moore, Kings (top-1 protected)

Pelicans: Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Al Horford

This isn't a very good deal for the Pelicans. Kyrie and Jimmy probably both leave. Pelicans would demand Tatum.

I think at this point people should stop the AD trade rumors though, dude has had nothing but glowing things to say about the city and his teammates. I don't think he has any intention of leaving or forcing his way out. It's a different vibe than guys like Chris Paul, Carmelo gave off. You could tell they wanted out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

This isn't a very good deal for the Pelicans. Kyrie and Jimmy probably both leave. Pelicans would demand Tatum.

I think at this point people should stop the AD trade rumors though, dude has had nothing but glowing things to say about the city and his teammates. I don't think he has any intention of leaving or forcing his way out. It's a different vibe than guys like Chris Paul, Carmelo gave off. You could tell they wanted out.

I agree, but it isn’t even game two yet and I just want to play pretend.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I appreciated your feedback. I think if this deal were rejected or didnt pass for some reason, then Ainge could trade Tatum and the Kings pick next year along with maybe one other player like Yabusele, (just so that Randle or Mirotic could move to center and still have a PF who can play small minutes). Tatum is playing PF for the Celtics right now fwiw. Doubtful Ainge actually would trade Tatum, Brown or Rozier. At this point, i would tnimk he offers a veteran first like Kyrie or Al in a potential AD trade.

I know Ainge is stingy but if he let Rozier get in the way of acquiring AD that would be a historically bad decision.

Jimmy and Kyrie is too risky a return for the Pels, think we’d turn to LA and get an Ingram+Lonzo centric deal before doing that.

Edited by amac

9 minutes ago, amac said:

I know Ainge stingy but if he let Rozier get in the way of acquiring AD that would be a historically bad decision.

Jimmy and Kyrie is too risky a return for the Pels, think we’d turn to LA and get an Ingram+Lonzo centric deal before doing that.

I think the idea is that both resign under this trade scenario. Both reportedly wanted to play together which helps. The Pelicans with Irving, Butler, Horford, Randle, Mirotic, Holiday, and Hill are contenders IMO.

Ainge seems to be really close with Rozier and the two sides were already working on an extention a week or two ago.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:34 PM, MookieMonstah said:

I don't think he'll leave either, but if he was then yeah that deal isn't gonna cut it, no sense in trading for another superstar or two that would just leave anyways, would need a guy on a rookie contract, which would be Tatum, like you said. 

Couldn’t hit a 3, awful offensive game for Jrue and we still won fairly comfortably. Thought Payton would be fine for what we needed at PG but he’s been even better than expected so far. Hope we trade our draft pick + Hill for an upgrade at SF, maybe bring Moore off the bench. Team seems legit though.

Edited by amac

2 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

The Davis to Celtics talk with never stop for Celtics fans will it :D

The hope is that Tatum can become as consistent a low-post player as AD someday. [Note: I did not say as dominant; Tatum will not be the shot blocker and rebounder AD is but hopefully he can one day be just as affective offensively scoring.]

19 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I gave up a long time ago. Secretly, everyone in Boston knows were not getting AD but when you have all these assets you just daydream about what you could do with them. Ya know?

Exactly, you think the Pels would take Taun and the second overall pick next season for AD, (among other assets involved).