Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Exactly, you think the Pels would take Taun and the second overall pick next season for AD, (among other assets involved).

I don't think they'd get a better offer, but I also don't think they will because he seems to absolutely love it there. Woj just wrote a piece on it the other day I think. He's just a different type of dude, really loyal to the city and loves the team. From what I've read, the Pelicans locker room has a crazy good vibe. Julius Randle talked about it I think, said on most teams dudes just go home after practice/games but the Pelicans are constantly hanging out and bringing their families together and stuff.

Which as sad is it is, I think a big reason for this is the tragedy Monty Williams went through and the near tragedy Jrue went through. Think it brought a lot of these guys together outside of ball.

Edited by MookieMonstah

@MookieMonstah Yeah New Orleans is rolling right now. Wish they would make it to a championship against the Celtics. But like you said, no offer will beat AD for Tatum and the second overall draft pick in 2019 among other assets. I think AD would find Boston to be home too pretty easily. Other cities without the coach, players, general manager, youth culture, and history of Boston I doubt AD would like very much. But similar to KG, I think AD would never want to leave and win a title with the Celtics. I'd rather trade Irving than Tatum believe it or not, but I doubt that would happen.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

@MookieMonstah Yeah New Orleans is rolling right now. Wish they would make it to a championship against the Celtics. But like you said, no offer will beat AD for Tatum and the second overall draft pick in 2019 among other assets. I think AD would find Boston to be home too pretty easily. Other cities without the coach, players, general manager, youth culture, and history of Boston I doubt AD would like very much. But similar to KG, I think AD would never want to leave and win a title with the Celtics. I'd rather trade Irving than Tatum believe it or not, but I doubt that would happen.

I agree he'd like Boston, but he isn't going to force his way out of New Orleans so its a moot point. He's there for at least another max contract I bet.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I agree he'd like Boston, but he isn't going to force his way out of New Orleans so its a moot point. He's there for at least another max contract I bet.

Oh well. The New Orleans Pelicans/Hornets have been my favorite western conference team for a while.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Exactly, you think the Pels would take Taun and the second overall pick next season for AD, (among other assets involved).

It's definitely a possibility but it's still way too early to say. I think people just get annoyed when our team has been on the up and up and all outsiders talk about is  what team AD will leave for.

Edited by amac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amac said:

It's definitely a possibility but it's still way too early to say. I think people just get annoyed when our team has been on the up and up and all outsiders talk about is  what team AD will leave for.

That is very annoying as a fan to deal with but I'm not suggesting AD wants to leave or is going to, just that a team like the Celtics may be the only one with an offer that can appease the Pelicans organization enough to consider being better without AD in the not too distant future. As I stated earlier, the Pelicans are my favorite team in the Western Conference and I want to see them win a championship now as currently constructed more that any other team except for probably only the Celtics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was a good team when entirely healthy, just not nearly enough depth and no ability to cope with the frequent injuries. Almost feel bad for Demps given that all of his blueprints were derailed by injuries, the Boogie one probably being the most devastating.

Not surprised by the news but I'm kind of worried the buzz around this team will die completely and rumors of relocation are going to heat up again. The disappointing season after all of the momentum from last season has made me pretty apathetic  

Edited by amac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Locks up AD to Boston, and you guys rebuild around Tatum, Zion and Jrue. Couldn’t be happier for you guys.

Actually I think it makes it increasingly unlikely the Pelicans trade Davis at this point.