Official New Orleans Pelicans Thread

RavensTillIDie

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

We don't know if it's going to be a recurring issue like what Chris Bosh faced.  Ingram's status is up in the air for sure, but I wouldn't say he has 0 value right now. 

It's not zero but he's certainly not a very appealing asset. Tatum + Smart + Williams + Grizzlies pick is the best deal on the table IMO. They can take the SAC pick to, who cares.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Willing to give all of that up if Irving leaves and Davis says he won't sign an extension?

Davis has said he'd be open to staying in Boston, I believe that was reported recently wasn't it? You have to risk it to get the biscuit. AD would stay, I think he's a perfect fit with Stevens.

• Like 1

I just can't see that deal getting done without giving up Tatum, Brown and Grizzlies pick in 2021.  If they're willing to do that, then I think the deal would get done as nobody could really top that offer, IMO.

The thing is, if you do that your team isn't going to be really that great.  Assuming Kyrie leaves.  If Kyrie stays then it could work out really well.

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

Lakers can beat that offer.  They can offer the #4 overall pick right now + young players such as Kuzma, Ball and Ingram.

Boston is going to have to come with more than that.

Also, Lonzo has openly said he'd demand a trade out of New Orleans. Zero chance New Orleans takes the LAL package.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just can't see that deal getting done without giving up Tatum, Brown and Grizzlies pick in 2021.  If they're willing to do that, then I think the deal would get done as nobody could really top that offer, IMO.

The thing is, if you do that your team isn't going to be really that great.  Assuming Kyrie leaves.  If Kyrie stays then it could work out really well.

Zero chance they get Tatum, Brown and Grizzlies pick. The Lakers package isn't that good. The best asset is the #4 pick, I don't see New Orleans clamoring over the other 3. Lonzo has already said he'd demand out and Ingram is dealing with the blood clots.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Also, Lonzo has openly said he'd demand a trade out of New Orleans. Zero chance New Orleans takes the LAL package.

Wasn't that his dad? Lonzo is not a central piece we'd want anyway, if included he'd likely be flipped/sent to a 3rd team

Like, I'm fairly certain that Anthony Davis' willingness to re-sign in Boston is attached to Kyrie Irving.  If Kyrie Irving leaves AND they have to give up Tatum + other stuff to get Davis... the team is pretty bare and Davis is not going to re-sign.

So it's basically like this.  If Kyrie stays, then trade for Davis.  If Kyrie leaves, the Davis deal is much less likely to happen, which honestly isn't a bad thing for Boston.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Like, I'm fairly certain that Anthony Davis' willingness to re-sign in Boston is attached to Kyrie Irving.  If Kyrie Irving leaves AND they have to give up Tatum + other stuff to get Davis... the team is pretty bare and Davis is not going to re-sign.

So it's basically like this.  If Kyrie stays, then trade for Davis.  If Kyrie leaves, the Davis deal is much less likely to happen, which honestly isn't a bad thing for Boston.

There is no way Kyrie is returning to Boston.