GDT: Battle of the Bens. Steelers @ Cowbelles

The_Slamman

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You guys do understand this is the absolute best way to lose right? I don’t understand the logic of wanting to get blown off the field. Even you are team tank you should want to lose 60 to 58. That means you have players already on your roster playing well. We will need these players next year. I’m down to lose but let’s play well

Logically you're right, but even when I know it's best we lose, the emotional part of me wants to see the team win. So when it looks like we're playing great and about to beat a 7-0 team, that part of me, against my best interest, starts to get excited... then of course the Cowboys find a new way to make me disappointed even when I wanted to lose from the beginning.

2 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Logically you're right, but even when I know it's best we lose, the emotional part of me wants to see the team win. So when it looks like we're playing great and about to beat a 7-0 team, that part of me, against my best interest, starts to get excited... then of course the Cowboys find a new way to make me disappointed even when I wanted to lose from the beginning.

You getting excited made us lose 

• Like 1

just remember guys sometimes you get what you asked for ....  want the second pick in the draft huh... just how many years in a row do you want the second pick in the draft???

well I rewatched some of it..   

middle of our OL was over matched all game..  we got some running plays when Pitts over played the pass and gave Pollard a huge holes. We never gave Zeke holes like that.

the steele penalty in 1st half was one of those...  hmm time to call a penalty on dallas that is never called.. you see it a lot in games with them lined up like that.. refs just remind OT to step up slightly...   

the LVE penalty was crazy........   ref just decided.. hmm   ignore the pits actions.. hey you cant swing out like that doesn't matter if you don't touch the other guy..   throws the flag... 

didn't see one of the roughing passer calls.. the Smith roughing that changed the game big time was a bogus call he was rushing hands up to block the throw.. got hit by a blocker, swung around and bumped Ben.. he wasn't swinging his arms down ...  that  should not have been a penalty...  

COOP was held on the interception.. that should have been illegal contact by the defender who cut him off.. that was way more of a penalty infraction then the one by Smith who did bump the guy at about 5 half yard down field... could have been ignored but it was past 5 yards and there was contact so it was technically a penalty.. and the refs weren't about to miss a chance it seems to help Pits...

just a game where Pitts got too much help from the refs for Dallas to over come.   oh well...

What does Antwaun Woods think he’s doing? We can’t have guys thinking about putting up a fight. Cut him.

Michael Gehlken@GehlkenNFL

Cowboys NT Antwaun Woods followed Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster after his TD, making sure JuJu didn't celebrate on star. "I knew with him being my college teammate, that was something he might do. I was going to make sure he didn’t get there. We have zero tolerance for that.”

Just got done watching the game ( had to work all day). 

where has that defensive intensity been all year? Players were outmatched in spots, but these guys were flying to the ball and trying to make plays. 

Gallimore looked like an animal out there. Absolutely destroyed pouncey on that hit on ben and was finding his way to the ball on every play. I know It’s hard to sit a guy who’s getting paid like Crawford. But you can’t keep a kid like gallimore on the bench anymore. 

LVE looked pretty good today too. The penalty was out of character, but yanking on a guys helmet who’s been dealing with neck injuries is bound to get anyone a bit upset. 

Jaylon Smith is still struggling with too many mistakes, but effort was there. 

Gilbert looked solid and never seemed overwhelmed in the moment. And let’s face it he was thrown into the fires against an aggressive and talented steelers front 7.  Doubtful he’ll be the next Kurt Warner, but seems like he’ll be our guy for the rest of the year and maybe backup next year if Andy doesn’t come back. 

As for the game it’s self. defense played hard, special teams made some plays and offense had some decent drives just couldn’t finish enough of them with 7 points. And that inability to turn long drives into 7 points , turnovers and some big calls against us late on big plays cost us the game. 

big picture though team played well barely lost to one of the best teams in football and just moved one step closer to grabbing a game changer in the draft.