GDT: Battle of the Bens. Steelers @ Cowbelles

The_Slamman

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Then why not just bench/cut Dalton? It could have been a false positive as well. 

Because he’ll be back next year, and benching him is harder to deal with media wise. Plus you can’t overtly tank.

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

How has Chris Jones stayed with this team so long. Surely we could find a better punter.

Y'know the fact you could insert Tyrone Crawford into this sentence and it still be true is kinda sad. 

Don't understand this team's fascination with holding on to certain players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheStarStillShines said:

If the Boys can hold the Steelers to less than 35 points and the margin of defeat to below 17, that will constitute a major victory.

No moral victories. I want a total beat down. I want to see players yelling at coaches. Implode from the inside.

Stephen Jones on TJ WATT or TACO:

Jones said the tough thing about the decision is that the Cowboys themselves seriously debated drafting Watt. Ultimately, he said they were considered about how the 252-pound prospect would hold up in defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli's scheme.

"I think the biggest issue was we were playing a 4-3 there with Rod, and Rod was concerned about how he'd hold up against the run in the 4-3 and didn't have that same concern with Taco," Jones said."

Source: https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/stephen-jones-revisits-the-watt-taco-decision

31 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Stephen Jones on TJ WATT or TACO:

Jones said the tough thing about the decision is that the Cowboys themselves seriously debated drafting Watt. Ultimately, he said they were considered about how the 252-pound prospect would hold up in defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli's scheme.

"I think the biggest issue was we were playing a 4-3 there with Rod, and Rod was concerned about how he'd hold up against the run in the 4-3 and didn't have that same concern with Taco," Jones said."

Source: https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/stephen-jones-revisits-the-watt-taco-decision

I know he says this now...but some of the beat writers pointed out Marinelli had the lowest grade on Charlton. And if I'm not mistaken, Garrett is the one who pounded the table for Charlton over Watt. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I know he says this now...but some of the beat writers pointed out Marinelli had the lowest grade on Charlton. And if I'm not mistaken, Garrett is the one who pounded the table for Charlton over Watt. 

I remember it exactly the opposite? Thats really strange. Maybe if I am not lazy later I will look it up.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sounds like it’s going to be Gilbert at QB and no Zeke (hammy) tomorrow. LMAO! 

I’ll call this one 41- 0.

No Zeke? Should be exciting. We can see if he is worth the money. Think about if we cut Zeke and used that on defense. I mean, any RB could gain yards with these offensive weapons.  

(trollolol - issa joke)