GDT: Battle of the Bens. Steelers @ Cowbelles

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Garrett GOAT Gilbert!!!!! 

I haven’t watched enough of him to know whether he is proficient at tanking.  What would be his best tanking asset?  Lack of skill?  Lack of leadership?  Lack of caring?  Or could he be the rare unicorn that possesses all 3?

30 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I haven’t watched enough of him to know whether he is proficient at tanking.  What would be his best tanking asset?  Lack of skill?  Lack of leadership?  Lack of caring?  Or could he be the rare unicorn that possesses all 3?

Hmmmm letssss seeee....

One time UTs Colt McCoy got hurt against Alabama in the BCS Championship Game. Garrett Gilbert came in as a true freshman and went 15 of 40 for 186 yards 2 TDs 4 INTs and a lost fumble. 

4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

God I hate Jerry and Steven for this one! 

I also hate them for that, but I hate myself for it too. I didn’t want Watt either.
Hindsight is a perfect 20/20, now, but if you’ll remember it wasn’t so cut and dry back then. I mean he fell to 30th overall for a reason. 

He came into Wisconsin as a 3 star TE recruit, where he promptly blew out both knees. Four total injuries. Twice on each knee. Both required surgery. He did not play a single game from September 2012 - October 2015 and it was determined a genetic condition played a role in his injuries. Upon his return from a 3 year hiatus he transitions to defense just over a year before he was drafted. He didn’t go to hand in the dirt 4-3 end though. He went to play outside backer for the badgers. He did well with 11.5 sacks playing at about 245 pounds, and entered the draft bulking to 252 for the combine. He did very well at the combine.

So we had a great combine and 1 years worth of   Good production from an outside LB that we would have to move to DE. He was undersized DE prospect and had been hurt 3 of the last 4 seasons. 

If it wasn’t for his rich, football-superstar family he probably wouldn’t have made it through those 3 years at Wisconsin and continued playing. That’s enough to end most players career. I thought he was getting by on a great combine and a great last name. I didn’t like his size, injury history, or his experience playing hand in the dirt. Sometimes red flags don’t mean **** though

Watt was my target for our pick for a long time. Was so excited when he fell to us, and so disappointed when we passed. It was so obvious he was going to be a really good football player, and felt like he was the obvious choice on the board.

That said, I would have been very happy with Takk had he fallen, but I never liked Taco.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Watt was my target for our pick for a long time. Was so excited when he fell to us, and so disappointed when we passed. It was so obvious he was going to be a really good football player, and felt like he was the obvious choice on the board.

That said, I would have been very happy with Takk had he fallen, but I never liked Taco.

Taco was the safe pick. The floor on Taco, given his body type, was a 2-6 sack a year guy. That was worst case scenario. The floor on Watt was Never being big, healthy, and strong enough to hold up through a 16 game NFL season. Watt had the highest ceiling though. 

I learned a lesson that year. When your picking 28th overall, take the boom or bust guy. Getting a “safe” early 1st round prospect is one thing. Getting a “safe” late first/early second round prospect is another. If you’re picking late go for gold.

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Taco was the safe pick. The floor on Taco, given his body type, was a 2-6 sack a year guy. That was worst case scenario. The floor on Watt was Never being big, healthy, and strong enough to hold up through a 16 game NFL season. Watt had the highest ceiling though. 

I learned a lesson that year. When your picking 28th overall, take the boom or bust guy. Getting a “safe” early 1st round prospect is one thing. Getting a “safe” late first/early second round prospect is another. If you’re picking late go for gold.

For me it was simple. TJ Watt was tough, had a nonstop motor and good bloodlines. He wasn't our pick, because of he didn't "fit", never mind his talent. Taco had motor issues, which should've been a clear sign to this front office but nope. 

So glad Jason Garrett and those coaches are gone.

Edited by Tony7188
12 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

For me it was simple. TJ Watt was tough, had a nonstop motor and good bloodlines. He wasn't our pick, because of he didn't "fit", never mind his talent. Taco had motor issues, which should've been a clear sign to this front office but nope. 

So glad Jason Garrett and those coaches are gone.

Not sold on McCarthy. Packers have lost but 5 regular season games since McCarthy left, and we suck.

Edited by DaBoys