Jets Midseason Mock Offseason

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the NFL will have their hands tied when it comes to teams in cap issues. Can't not make the playing field equal. Meaning you can't make a team that's 20 mill over the cap just magically under the cap bc of Covid. The teams have to adjust for at least a season. Does it suck for them? Of course. But that's the hand all 32 teams were dealt. Just some teams can handle it better than others. 

It is not even the NFL I am concerned with, it is the players union.  They will fight to have some sort of "relief" for teams over the cap.  The last thing the union wants is a reduction in player salaries and loss of competition between teams to sign players.  Welp, there is nothing we can do other than watch this **** show.  Great, it is before 8am and I need a beer already.

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is not even the NFL I am concerned with, it is the players union.  They will fight to have some sort of "relief" for teams over the cap.  The last thing the union wants is a reduction in player salaries and loss of competition between teams to sign players.  Welp, there is nothing we can do other than watch this **** show.  Great, it is before 8am and I need a beer already.

If you ask me... it if anything evens the playing field. It allows the teams like us, JAX, WAS, IND, MIA, CIN, etc to sign players that normally wouldn't sign with us.

The thing I see happening more so is these players only signing 1 year deals instead of 2-3 year long guaranteed deals. To try and cash in again post Covid. So when signing a good guy... it might not be a long term answer if you can't convince him long term.