Fixing the defense

deeluxx3

Like Vrabel seems to be doing...let's throw sh** at a wall and see what sticks

I think we should...

-name Haslett DC. No reason why other than he's done it before and has "seen it all"

-Bench Joseph, replace with a younger guy like Orr (what difference can it make at this point?) or a trade replacement

-Need to carry 4 OLB every game...so whether it's Wyatt Ray or Roberson...someone else is dressing

-Maybe more Amani Hooker? He gets like 1/3 of a snaps of game and, honestly speaking, rarely jumps off the screen other than his big game against Pitt. But Robinson is obsessed with these safeties that can apparently cover, so...

-LBs need to get downfield more. Evans and Brown have too much skill/potential to be this inactive

-Lock Beasley out of the facilities

what else??? no wrong answers unless your name is Mike Vrabel or Shane Bowen

• Like 2

if the only reason Joseph is out there is because of his experience then get him the frick off the field. He isn't even being savvy. 
Just get a rookie or a faster guy out there and let them play man to man. 
If he messes up he messes up. Joseph knows what he is doing and is still getting whipped. 

I don't think I've hated a defense more than this...we always had a defense where I rooted for the players either because they were underdogs or just hard workers.

But I legit hate this defense and players on it. 
I hate Beasley. I hate Joseph. I'm growing to hate Clowney.

I can’t imagine that Joseph is out there getting a dozen targets when there are better options on the bench. That said, I agree it can’t get much worse, so throw a younger, faster player out there.

And I’ve been screaming to name a DC since Pees retired. It shouldn’t even be a question at this point.

As for what else, trading for an interior DL is a must. Simmons is great, but one great DL does not make a unit.

None of the young players have stepped up yet, and the older players aren’t cutting it. We need to bring new talent in, even if it takes a trade.

There’s at least hope that the CBs will play better when Jackson and Butler are both on the field. There’s nothing in the wings at the DL.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Like Vrabel seems to be doing...let's throw sh** at a wall and see what sticks

I think we should...

-name Haslett DC. No reason why other than he's done it before and has "seen it all"

-Bench Joseph, replace with a younger guy like Orr (what difference can it make at this point?) or a trade replacement

-Need to carry 4 OLB every game...so whether it's Wyatt Ray or Roberson...someone else is dressing

-Maybe more Amani Hooker? He gets like 1/3 of a snaps of game and, honestly speaking, rarely jumps off the screen other than his big game against Pitt. But Robinson is obsessed with these safeties that can apparently cover, so...

-LBs need to get downfield more. Evans and Brown have too much skill/potential to be this inactive

-Lock Beasley out of the facilities

what else??? no wrong answers unless your name is Mike Vrabel or Shane Bowen

Jones isn’t doing a damn thing this year 

I wish NFL trade deadlines were more like baseball hockey and basketball 

Jones won’t be on this team next year I would look to trade him for a pick 

Won’t fetch us much but I’d try and trade Beasley 

I’m no cap expert but that would have to free up some money right?

Then I would trade for Gilmore

Sign Poe for peanuts and Hope some rotation of Poe Murch and Crawford start to fill the gap in the middle of the D

Lawrence Guy could also be a trade target if Poe really is 30 lbs over weight 

Either way I would look to be active if I were the Titans but I know it’s a pipe dream

Looking to free agency for depth at pass-rusher. Interesting to see Clay Matthews still out there. Had 8 sacks last year. Couldn’t come to an agreement in September with the Broncos after the Miller injury so I wonder why.  If we don’t trade for someone, we have to do something there. Give Roberson more snaps because Beasley isn’t cutting it. Would really love to trade for Quinnen Williams and pair him with Simmons for the foreseeable future. I’d certainly give up a 1st for him. If you can’t get pressure with Williams, Simmons, Clowney, Landry with a CB group of Adoree, Butler, King, and Fulton then it’s clearly a scheme issue.

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Looking to free agency for depth at pass-rusher. Interesting to see Clay Matthews still out there. Had 8 sacks last year. Couldn’t come to an agreement in September with the Broncos after the Miller injury so I wonder why.  If we don’t trade for someone, we have to do something there. Give Roberson more snaps because Beasley isn’t cutting it. Would really love to trade for Quinnen Williams and pair him with Simmons for the foreseeable future. I’d certainly give up a 1st for him. If you can’t get pressure with Williams, Simmons, Clowney, Landry with a CB group of Adoree, Butler, King, and Fulton then it’s clearly a scheme issue.

I love the idea of Clay. Winner, smart and battle tested with still some left in the tank. I feel like we could use that veteran presence right now. Not to mention the Titans lineage he has 😏.