Hunter2_1

NE Mid Season Survey

1 hour ago, JohnCena said:

Predict our Draft Position: I'm not sure where 9-7 would put us in the draft, without knowing other teams records but around 20 I guess?

14 playoff teams this year, so the highest the pick can be for a non-playoff team is 18. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnCena said:

Record Prediction Now: 9-7

Is that right now, or what you thought from week 8?

On 11/2/2020 at 3:51 PM, Deadpulse said:

I think his pro's are his blocking (which could use work but that will always be true of any prospect) and his hands. Both are extremely solid. I think he gets washed out of plays too often where he is asked to block prior to a route. His bump and go needs some work and I think it boils down to not being 100% comfortable on his own feet. If you watch after he makes a catch he tend's to quickly lose his balance and stumble a bit. Sometimes he goes down, sometimes he regains and continues but it will be something that haunts him at the next level. It's this same issue that washes him out after a bump and go because he needs a second to get his feet back under him. I think his footwork is the issue, and the simple fact that he is super top heavy. Gronk had some of these issues too, but the big difference is he used his strength to bully people as well and Pat either doesn't have the same strength or needs to be coached up on how to use it. 

More on the nit-picky side, I think his route tree is very basic, but again almost always the case for TE coming out. His routes also lack a sense of the field. He kind of drifts in and out of his cuts without a ton of decisiveness. Sometimes they look REALLY rounded when he is running the post route. Again, probably something that would improve with his footwork. He also needs to learn where the soft spots in the zones are. Right now, he is running the routes into coverage. 

That's exactly what I see.  Pats have to do a better job scouting ,I don't care if it WR or TE.   I keep learning every year what is important with players you draft. The last 2 years I come to the conclusion that one of the traits needed is working the field is so important when you pick a WR/TE.

I not a word Smith so I will try to explain with this example. Jacoby Meyers knows how to read and get open. You here the sports guy talk about him ready the defense and he knows how to find the open spot. Harry has no clue.  I don't understand how the scouts don't see that when they get to watch game tape on each player.  I watch UT videos and I can see (sometimes) a player pos/neg. That's why I loved Hunter Renfrow and Terry McLaurin coming out.

I agree Pat Freiermuth has bad footwork and is ( he look like he stumbles) slow in his breaks. I also see Fields and Lance have a problem reading the field. Field get away with it because he has 1 hr to stand in the pocket. I also see Wilson having all the traits needed at the next level.

I try to remember which is hard, that BB(TE) drafted players should be judge (Harris) after the 1st year, but boy its frustrating!

PS  Dalton Keene  I saw one play and I said, Oh crap. Yes I know I'm you nuts, maybe, but I hope I'm wrong with this kid.  One play and he ran like the "Water Boy" and caught the ball to his chest with his forearms on a (wide open)10 yard  button.

Edited by m haynes

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Is that right now, or what you thought from week 8?

I still think we can win all our games apart from the Rams game and maybe the Cardinals game, it's a lot of optimism but I mean Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, and Bills those are very winnable games and I'm expecting us to win those. It's not like we got blown off the field by the Texans, they just played the run very well and we still managed to almost win, I don't think these teams will be able to stop our run game like that.