NE Mid Season Survey

Hunter2_1

TJ Hock was picked I think top 5 last season.. if Pitts is there at 15 ( probably will given the amazing WR ahead of him).. seems like BB would go that direction given that he obviously cares more about TE than WR and prefers to have a 2 TE offense. 

Could you see a Pitts / Trask combo in the first two rounds? I doubt Trask makes it to 45 but that would certainly be interesting to see if they can continue their success at the next level. 

50 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

TJ Hock was picked I think top 5 last season.. if Pitts is there at 15 ( probably will given the amazing WR ahead of him).. seems like BB would go that direction given that he obviously cares more about TE than WR and prefers to have a 2 TE offense. 

Could you see a Pitts / Trask combo in the first two rounds? I doubt Trask makes it to 45 but that would certainly be interesting to see if they can continue their success at the next level. 

I can never see early TE based on what he's said in the past about drafting TEs. Although him drafting two this year came as a surprise to me. 

I just can't see it, but he would be a great weapon to have

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

IMO There is no way Trask gets out of the 1st RD. Teams are desperate for QBs. Pats included.  BB can only get away with this offense for so long before the fans turn on him. Kraft will only take so much before he has to make a move. This team is boring to the casual fan. My wife stop watching after pretty boy left!😁. I assume most of the TB fans did as well.

How long will the fans wait if  BB doesn't take a (6RD won't cut it) QB in this draft and doesn't sign a quality FA QB? How long can Kraft go if the fan base tunes them out.

PS   BB is the greatest,  the only ones who will put up with this  current team are the Diehards.  This is crazy but it excite me if we complete a pass over 10 yards. Harry shocked the crap out of me!!!

I'll be surprised what Philly will do. WR or TE. Fan will go nuts if they pass on a WR.

ADDED  Check out 130+ mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ki_zcXIOvQ

Edited by m haynes

On 12/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, The Third Rider said:

If stidham was better he would be starting. He couldn’t even beat out Brian Hoyer for that one start. I think it’s very safe to say we need to look for a QB in the off-season.

I don't know I think Harris was probably better than Michel last year. I have seen nothing from Cam that looks better than the little I have seen from Stidham.

18 hours ago, m haynes said:

IMO There is no way Trask gets out of the 1st RD. Teams are desperate for QBs. Pats included.  BB can only get away with this offense for so long before the fans turn on him. Kraft will only take so much before he has to make a move. This team is boring to the casual fan. My wife stop watching after pretty boy left!😁. I assume most of the TB fans did as well.

How long will the fans wait if  BB doesn't take a (6RD won't cut it) QB in this draft and doesn't sign a quality FA QB? How long can Kraft go if the fan base tunes them out.

PS   BB is the greatest,  the only ones who will put up with this  current team are the Diehards.  This is crazy but it excite me if we complete a pass over 10 yards. Harry shocked the crap out of me!!!

I'll be surprised what Philly will do. WR or TE. Fan will go nuts if they pass on a WR.

ADDED  Check out 130+ mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ki_zcXIOvQ

Mixed thoughts.

On one hand, we've had a prolongued and sustained period of success and if 1 year puts 'fans' off this team, then they can really f off anyway. Pathetic. We are the team most due a lull in success, we are the team 2nd most due a lull in success as well - because we've enjoyed TWO dynasties in our lifetimes. Any pats fan that can't have the patience of a few years in no-mans land are no true fans at all

On the other hand, if we don't sort this QB situation at the earliest possible opportunity - it is malpractice. This offense is putrid and disgusting to watch. I mean who's ever heard of a QB combining 250 yards over 3 games haha!

I think the frustrating part for fans will be the fact that the QB situation will be the difference. 

Typically with bad teams or teams in a lul of success they have huge holes everywhere. I'm pretty confident BB could "fix" this defense in an off season to be playoff quality ( i'm trusting these rookies keep getting better) .. and the offense is a couple play makers away which you can also fix in one off season. 

Give this team an Alex Smith next year and they are 100% in the playoffs. If they have a Cam Newton.. they won't be, that's where the frustration is imo. The potential is always there when you have the greatest coach of all time. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, jofos said:

I don't know I think Harris was probably better than Michel last year. I have seen nothing from Cam that looks better than the little I have seen from Stidham.

I honestly don't have much faith on either one of them. The question really is; why is Bill not playing Stidham? Only conclusion is that the coaching staff thinks he is not better than Cam. That is not necessarily a fact but this is the most likely conclusion that we can hypothesize. On the presser Bill swiftly dismissed the notion that Cam shouldn't be the starter next week. My concerns with Cam at the moment are his bad decision making, poor ball placement and the unimaginative use of his running skills by Josh. This is not the same Cam from week 1/2, I don't think it's hard to improve from what Cam is doing at the moment but the coaching staff doesn't currently believe it. May be they do make a change next week, who knows.

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I honestly don't have much faith on either one of them. The question really is; why is Bill not playing Stidham? Only conclusion is that the coaching staff thinks he is not better then Cam. That is not necessarily a fact but this is the most likely conclusion that we can hypothesize. On the presser Bill swiftly dismissed the notion that Cam shouldn't be the starter next week. My concerns with Cam at the moment are his bad decision making, poor ball placement and the unimaginative use of his running skills by Josh. This is not the same Cam from week 1/2, I don't think it's hard to improve from what Cam is doing at the moment but the coaching staff doesn't currently believe it. May be they do make a change next week, who knows.

I agree with what you are saying. My concern is not just the unknown of Stidham but the entire offense. We really know nothing about the rookie TEs because Cam never targets them and early in the year Asiasi was open a lot, Keene was open a lot the other night. Has Harry improved any? (I have and idea) Who knows because passes come out late and are often off target. I just feel like with Cam we know nothing going forward.

Yeah, he's not the same player he was in Weeks 1-3. He just isn't. Maybe he was playing with much more confidence early because he hadn't yet learned just how little he had to work with.

Whatever the issue is, you cannot operate an NFL offense with him at QB tbh. I love him, he's a great team person, I do want him around somehow - but he can't be a starting QB. Even when he IS passing well, he still forces balls and he is not clutch at all. That's without the obvious mechanical issues and holding on too long etc