Is This Offensive System Broken?

G08

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Who cares these guys all suck anyway..maybe the rookies will actually show something. Who knows.  All I know is that it can't get that much worse.

Idefi has actually played well but I get your point.  They have to be moved up to the active roster first tho. 

On 11/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, Sugashane said:

Systems isn't broken. Just a weak offensive cast paired with an offensive mind that struggles to adapt and prepare his players rarely will ever work well. 

I wanted to either for Alex Smith (his contract made it almost impossible for him to be traded) or Winston. Winston is a douchebag but has the best atm available, and Nagy could be mlm more conservative to limit the playcalling as opposed to when he was running Arians' system. I thought Foles would be better at protecting the ball, but... he really isn't. 

Does the Bears' current system even parrot what Reid has done inn Philly and K.C.?

Legitimate question to you all. What Nagy has been up to actually looks quite a bit different. I mean...sure, you can see some similarities, but just some. 

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Does the Bears' current system even parrot what Reid has done inn Philly and K.C.?

Legitimate question to you all. What Nagy has been up to actually looks quite a bit different. I mean...sure, you can see some similarities, but just some. 

No, it's not even close to either. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

No, it's an inbred offshoot of it. 

KC built its system around speed, we have Mooney only in that regard. In PHI he relied on a mix of speed and possession players like Jackson and Maclin for speed or Cooper and Avant for possession guys. Also he put a premium on playmaking RBs that were solid receivers AND runners like Westbrook and McCoy. OL was always based around being physically imposing.

Chicago has neither the ability to hit deep, threaten deep, or regularly challenge the intermediate level of the field. Our primary RBs under Nagy are pretty one dimensional.  They have not found an identity. Even our OL has been unable to find their stride since Long dropped off a cliff. 

Reid found a way to improve QB play and bring about some star players consistently. We have had ARob.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, G08 said:

I found myself wondering this a little while back and casually looked at the performance of different QBs in this Andy Reid West Coast Offense derivative. Let's see what QBs have produced in this style of offense. This will be regular season only.

• Patrick Mahomes: 66.1%, 97 TDs, 19 INTs, 8.5 YPA, 110.1 rating (years 1-4 of career)
  • Alex Smith: 65.1%, 102 TDs, 33 INTs, 7.2 YPA, 94.8 rating (years 9-13 of career)
  • Carson Wentz: 63.1%, 109 TDs, 47 INTs, 6.8 YPA, 90.1 rating (years 1-5 of career)
  • Mitch Trubisky: 64.3%, 47 TDs, 25 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 88.6 rating (years 2-4 of career)
  • Nick Foles: 65.9%, 26 TDs, 15 INTs, 6.4 YPA, 87.2 rating (years 5-9 of career)

Everyone is forgetting how average the Chiefs offense was when Reid took over.  Only when Mahomes took over did the offense start to look explosive, and I would argue that Smith had an above average year the year before.  I'm too lazy to look, but until Mahomes showed up I don't think Reid had a top ten offense.  His years in Philly were good, but he never had a juggernaut of an offense.  I think this system is pedestrian and as usual it all depends on the talent of the quarterback, or the talent of the players around him.

How about Nagy makes Zach Miller the backup QB, he played QB in college. He can't move like he used to, but he never took many hits because he was injured. When Trubs comes back (if he does), run some crazy wildcat formation. If Alex Smith can come back, so can Miller.

Hey... A guy can dream, right?

4 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Everyone is forgetting how average the Chiefs offense was when Reid took over.  Only when Mahomes took over did the offense start to look explosive, and I would argue that Smith had an above average year the year before.  I'm too lazy to look, but until Mahomes showed up I don't think Reid had a top ten offense.  His years in Philly were good, but he never had a juggernaut of an offense.  I think this system is pedestrian and as usual it all depends on the talent of the quarterback, or the talent of the players around him.

8 years in KC, 6 years top 10 in points.

With Alex Smith, they ranked: 16, 9, 13 and 6 in points scored.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would kill to have Trestman calling plays compared to Nagy.

They are like polar opposites and each half a good offensive coach.

Careful, after one damn good season DCs had him completely figured out, Ravens fell for the Trestman trap after Chicago dumped him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

One great season of offence is better than what we have and have gotten.

That great season had much better players too. Trestman would suck about as bad as Nagy here.

Cutler > Tru or Foles

Forte > Montgomery

Marshall > ARob

Jeffrey > Miller

Bennett > Graham and Kmet

I'll give you that he likely doesnt let us have as many one TD games or anything but I doubt he could get is a top 20 offense. 

Aim high or fail with flying colors.