Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
G08

Is This Offensive System Broken?

Recommended Posts

I'm getting worried that we will end up in the same situation that we were after the Cutler trade. Focusing and spending so much resources on offense while ignoring an aging defense.  

We have an offense that is going to take atleast a couple of years to rebuild, and by the time we build that up, the core players on defense are going to need to be replaced.

I'm also starting to get worried that we miss out on the draft and end up taking an OL player in the 1st (which is fine) and either sign or trade for Cam or Wentz in the offseason. Which would make matters worse both financially and/or resource wise. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm also starting to get worried that we miss out on the draft and end up taking an OL player in the 1st (which is fine) and either sign or trade for Cam or Wentz in the offseason. Which would make matters worse both financially and/or resource wise. 

Why would Pace, or whomever replaces him, even CONSIDER doing that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Why would Pace, or whomever replaces him, even CONSIDER doing that? 

Basically Pace overestimating their own abilities to get offensive talent around the QB and Nagy's belief he can coach him to replicate their MVP-caliber seasons.

 

Hubris, essentially.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been evident for years now that Cam Newton sucks, this year more than others. If Pace and Nagy sign him, I won't give a flying f*** about next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It's been evident for years now that Cam Newton sucks, this year more than others. If Pace and Nagy sign him, I won't give a flying f*** about next year.

This. Cam is so overrated it's not even funny.

I laughed at all the idiots who took to social media to say the Bears were stupid for not signing him after his 1 good game against Seattle this year in which the team still lost.

Turns out it was the correct choice. He's just not a very effective player anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It's been evident for years now that Cam Newton sucks, this year more than others. If Pace and Nagy sign him, I won't give a flying f*** about next year.

That would be a "Tank for Whoever the **** We Want in 2022" move.

Edited by Sugashane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Why would Pace, or whomever replaces him, even CONSIDER doing that? 

Because GMs make dumb moves all of the time. Surprise!   Why did the greatest coach of all-time sign Cam? Why did Jackson trade for Palmer? Why did Pace for Foles? Why did Angelo trade for Cutler? Why did Graves trade for Mirer? 

Regardless of who the GM or HC is, the Chicago Bears signing Cam would be such a Bears-like move. Given our history, it just fits too damn well. I've feared this would happen for the last few years and I will probably fear it until Cam is officially retired. 

If Nagy is still here, Wentz is a QB who looks like the "perfect" fit for Nagy to try and make himself look like a genius and QB guru by taking a sub-par QB and showing the world that he can get the most out of him in the same way that his mentor (Ried) did with Alex Smith when Ried traded for him in 2012. 

Nagy tried to do with it Foles and it's failed miserably. One would think this would be a learning experience for him but I'm not convinced that he will put his ego to the side and not continue to try to make himself like a genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 12:36 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm getting worried that we will end up in the same situation that we were after the Cutler trade. Focusing and spending so much resources on offense while ignoring an aging defense.  

We have an offense that is going to take atleast a couple of years to rebuild, and by the time we build that up, the core players on defense are going to need to be replaced.

I'm also starting to get worried that we miss out on the draft and end up taking an OL player in the 1st (which is fine) and either sign or trade for Cam or Wentz in the offseason. Which would make matters worse both financially and/or resource wise. 

Cam makes 1.1M this season and he's not making much more next year. There's no way that signing him would create financial issues. Wentz obviously would be a bad move both from a football and a financial standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Cam makes 1.1M this season and he's not making much more next year. There's no way that signing him would create financial issues. Wentz obviously would be a bad move both from a football and a financial standpoint.

I never said signing Cam would be a bad financial move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I never said signing Cam would be a bad financial move. 

Honestly he might drive the train for the number one pick in 2022...

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7862616

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly he might drive the train for the number one pick in 2022...

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7862616

 

We may be working towards it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We may be working towards it.

I was hoping to be sellers at the trade deadline. I know we will have Goldman back next year but we need a massive offensive overhaul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I was hoping to be sellers at the trade deadline. I know we will have Goldman back next year but we need a massive offensive overhaul.

We need like 6 new OL, a QB, and skill position depth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To fix our offense, first give the play calling to Lazor, he is our OC.  Nagy has proven that the casual fan can be just as effective as him in calling plays 

Second, we need new OTs  Leno needs to go, he was servicable for a couple years, but that's it.  Massie is just ok.  

Third, we need a quality QB.  He doesn't need to be top ten(we won't complain if he is) but a guy who can win games for us.  

Easier said than done, and  the last two can be done in the draft.  Hell, I can be our new play caller and our offense wouldn't get any worse because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...